• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alex Jabailey (community manager) leaves Iron Galaxy

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Dear lord, please allow Von Koz to come back for the double beatdown.

nHruYWsl.jpg

poodaddy

This thread is masterclass. Hold up, no one give each other the business till I get back with my spinach and almonds; I don't wanna miss any good stuff.

Ah ok, cheers.

Yes, I'm normally a very calm, considerate, and level headed poster. But nothing I said there was actually untrue.

There WAS dispute over what he meant by his "crowning achievement" but the way it was worded sounded like he was describing the game. And then he backtracked on it. So he's salty about that. He's also salty that I said he "couldn't sit still." And yet I spoke the truth, this is his third new company this year alone, regardless of whether one was a contract position. But yes, I'm in the wrong, I get ganged up by GAF, and I get tagged.

And also I as I said, he was nowhere to be seen when people were undeservedly gushing over him as the Naughty Dog guy that would take Retro to new heights when he worked there for nine whole months. That's about what... about 30% of a Triple A game cycle?

But super quick to correct me here and get me tagged and get GAF to gang up on me. So, well done I guess.

Alright guys, it's been fun. I had a good time posting on these forums, a lot of cool people, and a lot on the other end of the spectrum as well. That's life I suppose.

Can I please have my perma now or do I have to take it further than calling a developer out on his shit?

kenta

Has no PEINS
Do you know him in real life or something? Why the grudge? Let it go

Edit: oh you're just always super melodramatic? Okay then

cirrhosis

But Von only posted once (okay, twice) in the thread

i think you're making a mountain out of a mildly large molehill, man

don't do anything rash, just another night of GAF posting going on here.

Yes, I'm normally a very calm, considerate, and level headed poster. But nothing I said there was actually untrue.

There WAS dispute over what he meant by his "crowning achievement" but the way it was worded sounded like he was describing the game. And then he backtracked on it. So he's salty about that. He's also salty that I said he "couldn't sit still." And yet I spoke the truth, this is his third new company this year alone, regardless of whether one was a contract position. But yes, I'm in the wrong, I get ganged up by GAF, and I get tagged.

And also I as I said, he was nowhere to be seen when people were undeservedly gushing over him as the Naughty Dog guy that would take Retro to new heights when he worked there for nine whole months. That's about what... about 30% of a Triple A game cycle?

But super quick to correct me here and get me tagged and get GAF to gang up on me. So, well done I guess.

Just relax man. I'd take the tag lol, consider it a badge of honour. This thread has been very entertaining.

Alright guys, it's been fun. I had a good time posting on these forums, a lot of cool people, and a lot on the other end of the spectrum as well. That's life I suppose.

Can I please have my perma now or do I have to take it further than calling a developer out on his shit?
Lol bruh yourey not going to get banned for disagreeing with someone. You WILL get the hammer for acting like a kid, though. Just get over it.

Exodust

Banned

This is what you get for caring a bit too much about individual people in large corporations making videogames.

benjipwns

Banned

dude, his name was the start of the thread title initially, people are prone to noticing that compared to other thread titles

Everything is lovely today.

Defect

Lol it's just a forum. Do you really need a perma to stop yourself from acting like a child?

He was...literally fucking here earlier than you to comment on the confusing thread with his name on the title and wasn't about him? The fuck are you on about.

ohlawd

iunno man dude kinda has a point

there are obviously some talented people at Retro who've been there since day one and the only person who got any attention is the guy who used to work at Naughty Dog

Doukou

What a weird thread.

there are obviously some talented people at Retro who've been there since day one and the only person who got any attention is the guy who used to work at Naughty Dog

Is that his fault?

Parham

Banned
First off, dude, no offense but the context of that quote sounded much more like the game you were working on and not what you say it was. But alas, maybe YOU should explain things more clearly so people don't misinterpret you?

Secondly, I wasn't attacking you. I was just stating the fact that you've jumped around a lot, which again, is a fact, whether part of the work was contract or not. And yes, four years, quite some time. About the cycle of a single game in this day and age. But I'm sure you love seeing those posts about being the big "Naughty Dog guy" that Retro acquired.

But yes, take all that praise without correcting people. What about Ryan and Chuck and and the other artists and designers that have been there since Prime 1? No one mentions them at all. Nope lets all praise and get excited about the Naughty Dog guy, who GAF STILL goes on about and not correct them, even though you don't work at Retro.

But of course, you come in and correct and embarrass me, the person that DOES do research. Way to be a pro.

You are making broad assumptions about his character based on whatever scraps of information you can find on his blog and LinkedIn.

He didn't ask for the attention. GAFers dug up the information from his Google+ profile and made a thread spotlighting him, along a couple of other Retro hires.

Considering the fact that dozens of people in the recent "Retro is working on original IP" thread were hoping for an Uncharted-like game, that's hardly his fault if people were hyping themselves up for that affiliation.

GHG

First off, dude, no offense but the context of that quote sounded much more like the game you were working on and not what you say it was. But alas, maybe YOU should explain things more clearly so people don't misinterpret you?

Secondly, I wasn't attacking you. I was just stating the fact that you've jumped around a lot, which again, is a fact, whether part of the work was contract or not. And yes, four years, quite some time. About the cycle of a single game in this day and age. But I'm sure you love seeing those posts about being the big "Naughty Dog guy" that Retro acquired.

But yes, take all that praise without correcting people. What about Ryan and Chuck and and the other artists and designers that have been there since Prime 1? No one mentions them at all. Nope lets all praise and get excited about the Naughty Dog guy, who GAF STILL goes on about and not correct them, even though you don't work at Retro.

But of course, you come in and correct and embarrass me, the person that DOES do research. Way to be a pro.

Why does it concern you so much what he's done with his career? He could have a new job every 2 weeks and it would still be none of your goddamn business, he's free to do what he wants and as he sees fit. Its his life, not yours.

Back off.

Did you get that tag from this thread or was that a previous acquisition? Just curious.

This tag links to the post it refers to, as a lot of them will do.

Don't be so histrionic. Laugh it off and enjoy the tag. Have you not seen the desperate lengths some members go to get one?

Csr

You are creating drama out of absolutely nothing.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Something doesn't add up... I mean, I get the part about Naughty Dog developing the next Metroid game, but they poached Jebailey to direct? What does Lab Zero have to say about losing their most valuable employee? Nintendo is doomed.

Something doesn't add up... I mean, I get the part about Naughty Dog directing the next Metroid game, but they poached Jebailey to direct? What does Lab Zero have to say about losing their most valuable employee? Nintendo is doomed.

All signs lead to Druckmann.

Dude you're posts in this thread have been nothing short of embarrassing. You're jumping down a developers throat for whatever reason because of what some fanboys we're excited about joining Retro or some shit. I mean it's not as if you're argument made any sense whatsoever, but your posts are batshit crazy now.

You're honestly just making a mountain out of a molehill, which you got shut down for and rightfully so. Just move on.

You don't need to get permad, that's not how adult discussion works, but just learn from your mistakes and don't throw a tantrum over nothing like a 5 year old next time.

Corto

There's an easy and a very convenient way to be permanently banned from NeoGAF or any other site. Just stop visiting those sites. Bothering mods to ban you or make some over dramatical or even insulting post or thread to achieve this doesn't leave any mark. A few days after everybody will forget about you, maybe a few months if you put some effort into it, but nobody will care by then.

Ravidrath

This is the weirdest thread.

I've known Eric for a long time, and he is not a self-promoter. I would not likely have been his friend or hired him if he was.

He is only known on GAF because of some dubious work by Detective GAF, which was always hilarious and puzzling to us whenever it happened. And we've always been confused how he got on GAF's radar to begin with.

And criticizing him for being too vague in his personal art blog? That's just weird. It's his personal space, not an official PR thing. And if he'd been any more specific, honestly, he'd probably have reprimanded. Especially working at Retro - I made a joke about them working on a Nintendo IP once in a FB comment and he got called in basically for no reason, "just to be sure."

And four years in one place is an eternity in the game's industry. I wish I'd had been able to stay somewhere that long before, you know, opening my own studio.

The fact that he wasn't laid off at the end of a project, which is very common, and instead chose to leave because he wanted to pursue new creative opportunities speaks both to his value as an employee, and his desire to do new things. AAA can be a real grind, and there's no harm in wanting to switch things up.

poodaddy

This is the weirdest thread.

I've known Eric for a long time, and he is not a self-promoter. I would not likely have been his friend or hired him if he was.

He is only known on GAF because of some dubious work by Detective GAF, which was always hilarious and puzzling to us whenever it happened. And we've always been confused how he got on GAF's radar to begin with.

And criticizing him for being too vague in his personal art blog? That's just weird. It's his personal space, not an official PR thing. And if he'd been any more specific, honestly, he'd probably have reprimanded. Especially working at Retro - I made a joke about them working on a Nintendo IP once in a FB comment and he got called in basically for no reason, "just to be sure."

And four years in one place is an eternity in the game's industry. I wish I'd had been able to stay somewhere that long before, you know, opening my own studio.

The fact that he wasn't laid off at the end of a project, which is very common, and instead chose to leave because he wanted to pursue new creative opportunities speaks both to his value as an employee, and his desire to do new things. AAA can be a real grind, and there's no harm in wanting to switch things up.

I mean we all agree with you and love you guys; there was just a turd floatin in the punch bowl earlier. I wouldn't pay it any mind; he got a great tag to link directly to his post and subsequent bodying and we all got a jovial laugh out of it.....save for maybe him. Regardless, everything's fine now.

I love you guys by the way, thanks for making great games with amazing sprite work.

I mean we all agree with you and love you guys; there was just a turd floatin in the punch bowl earlier. I wouldn't pay it any mind; he got a great tag to link directly to his post and subsequent bodying and we all got a jovial laugh out of it.....save for maybe him. Regardless, everything's fine now.

I love you guys by the way, thanks for making great games with amazing sprite work.

poodaddy knows a turd when they see one.

Top Bottom