• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien: Isolation details surface on Xbox Games Store

That really would be a day one purchase for me. I'd love a game where you play as a monster and are not a good-guy rogue with stubble.

Play the Alien campaign in AvP2. It's fucking terrifying to be one Alien against a ton of Colonial Marines.

I really wouldn't mind a full Alien game where you play as the Alien against a bunch of panicked humans and crazed androids. It'd be some sweet stealth horror.

Edit: Of course, I can already play several games that mostly fulfill that fantasy.

Please tell me that we've learned from previous titles....

third-party-facepalm.jpg

MNC

Also multiplicity. If you have a single Alien, and put in enough effort, I'm fairly certain they could come up with something great. Spend some time building great AI, and have the alien attack at random intervals (Something like the zombie calculator in Left 4 Dead) and have it retreat before it actually dies. Oh man, I'm just getting giddy.

Bor

Neo Member
So, after reading the preview and watching the video .. what game was kotaku playing? I get the impression that isolation will be the opposite of shootbang, so what were they on about?

ironcreed

Banned

Good vibes. I want to feel helpless and terrified. I want to be forced to make quick escapes, while scouring around trying to figure out ways to survive and fight back. Along with an atmosphere of dread and some clever level design, this is all they have to do.

Wow a summer release!

Awesome - story sounds interesting. Sounds as though it may just be the one Alien stalking you which is a very nice direction to take if this truly is a survival horror.

I'm very skeptical because of the developer and previous disaster CM, but this certainly has a good deal of potential.

EDIT - HOLY SHIT! I just saw the video on CVG's page! This is exactly what I have always wanted an alien game to be, it looks amazing! PS4 version too apparently and graphically looks very impressive, lighting especially is perfect. So hyped.

Leynos

Hmm, that preview looks really good. But then again, I think that just about every Alien game looks awesome.

It kind of reminds of Echo Night: Beyond for the PS2. It was a horror FPS game set on an abandoned lunar station.

KissVibes

Banned
Sega got just as screwed over by that as we did, this one won't be the same.

SEGA got screwed how? They sold that product to people. Are you telling me that Gearbox has the disc's printed and the game distributed all over the world? No, SEGA is just as guilty as Gearbox is for how bad CM is.

People forgiving SEGA for CM are hilarious.

I just saw IGN's 30 minute preview and I'm very, very interested now. It looks like a pure survival horror game where you aren't even armed for most part. The gameplay videos looked sharp with the lighting in particular a real standout for me. Day one unless its a complete clunker.

Top Bottom