• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien Swarm |OT| - Free Co-op Multiplayer from Valve

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Zerokku said:
waitaminute.png

:lol

Now thats just mean.
It's L4D2 (or was it L4D?) all over again.

Anyway, I'll definitely check it out whever it gets released. I enjoyed the original UT2004 mod.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
gregor7777 said:
x more hours to go.
+ the time it takes to download with everyone else trying to. :( I hope it doesn't take hours or something.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
It's going to be after midnight for me with this game. Every co-op buddy will be sleeping when its done downloading. Well, work first and then tomorrow evening the rest.

At least at my desk I can read your impression while working.

Blackface

Banned
How is this thread not 10+ pages? This is one of the craziest things Valve has ever released. it's completely wide open for everyone (code, tools). The mods for this game atre going to be nuts.

delirium

Blackface said:
How is this thread not 10+ pages? This is one of the craziest things Valve has ever released. it's completely wide open for everyone (code, tools). The mods for this game atre going to be nuts.
Because of Valvetime its not out yet.

Nabs

Blackface said:

New thread + we haven't even played the game yet. Give it time.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Blackface said:

Because it's a PC game and this is Neogaf. They are too busy paying $15 for costume packs to notice awesome free shit.

Sober

I <3 Memes said:
I wonder if sometimes there isn't even a reason for Valve to delay things. They just delay them because people expect them to. They just want to give everyone a chance to say "Valve Time".
They always want players to join games and play with VALVe employees ... they obviously delay the launch so they can get a heads-up before everyone else.

Alex

Sinatar said:
Because it's a PC game and this is Neogaf. They are too busy paying $15 for costume packs to notice awesome free shit.

:lol sad but true. It's really pathetic how afraid some people are to leave their childhood comfort zone.

It said ready to Install and went back to 1 hour.

:lol But it's downloading for me cause I clicked on it before it changed back.

EDIT: Okay, and now it's back to download.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I'm now assuming they delayed the launch to do some mojo to the servers as I'm getting reasonable speeds :D varies between 3-400kB/s. Wish it maxed out at the regular 700 I get from steam though D:.

Jim Stark

Neo Member
Beaulieu said:
servers too busy

One little trick to try when that happens is to change your download region in the steam cloud settings. I was having the same trouble with the East USA server, but I changed it to Vietnam and now I'm getting 3 MB/s.

derFeef

Javaman said:
Try switching to a different country's download location if you are having DL issues.
That never works out for me as I tend to switch very often and never get to download anything :lol

Top Bottom