• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien Swarm |OT| - Free Co-op Multiplayer from Valve

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
Servers are really getting hammered. I got good speeds in the beginning, but now it has slowed down to a crawl. 5 KB/s... buuu

Stop downloading so I can play this alone!

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I suggest Europeans switch to the Romania content server if you have shit speeds, going at a steady 400+ at least.

Edit: Actually, don't, you'll just screw my download over :lol

Erasus

Sinatar said:
Because it's a PC game and this is Neogaf. They are too busy paying $15 for costume packs to notice awesome free shit.

:lol

So true. OMGZ PC ARE HARD

Ah, I love all the free PC games, this, all the MMOS (mostly grind but whatever), Ledge of Legends, Quake Live etc

Going to download this tomorrow, but please add me on STEAM as I have a feeling my irl freinds wont DL this... :(

STEAMID: sonyboj

Beaulieu

Jim Stark said:
One little trick to try when that happens is to change your download region in the steam cloud settings. I was having the same trouble with the East USA server, but I changed it to Vietnam and now I'm getting 3 MB/s.

Thanks for the tip but I tried 3 other region and no luck...
Aw well, I wasnt planning to play today anyways.

i had no interest in this but apparently there is an achievement for completing two co-op missions online which earns you a FREE TF2 FACEHUGGER PARASITE HAT

John

EmCeeGramr said:
i had no interest in this but apparently there is an achievement for completing two co-op missions online which earns you a FREE TF2 FACEHUGGER PARASITE HAT
FUCK

MUST

CO-OP

Teknoman

Whoever manages to finish and install, could you post about the in game soundtrack? Just wondering if the soundtrack matches the environment.

Didn't see one in this thread or the online forum so I made the steam group: [GAF] Alien Swarm. If anyone is looking to play than join up.

edit: if anyone wants to be an officer or something than let me know. I've never made/run a group before and I just wanted to get one out there.

Proven

blackMamba1187 said:
Didn't see one in this thread or the online forum so I made the steam group: [GAF] Alien Swarm. If anyone is looking to play than join up.

Do me a favor and link it to the NeoGAF-TF2 group in a wall post. My computer just does not like these steam links.

Edit: Found it anyway through a search. "gaf alien swarm"

Inkwell

Banned
No matter what download location I choose it stays below 50k/s :(. Looks like it might be a while before I can actually try the game out.

Edit: Right after I posted this it went up to around 400+k/s.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Got 1 MB/s for most of it, but just plummeted to 400 KB/s when I had a few seconds left! Now 2 more minutes.

Snakeyes

blackMamba1187 said:

edit: if anyone wants to be an officer or something than let me know. I've never made/run a group before and I just wanted to get one out there.

Hey dude, nothing against you or Akira but would you mind not putting a gif with exploding people as your avatar? Thanks.

Threi

notag
i'm getting L4D vibes from this game (so far), controls are kinda awkward though (turning your mouse changes strafe to forward and vice versa)

Top Bottom