• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens: Colonial Marines - Story Trailer

Arla

It's called Aliens: Colonial Marines...why would you expect an "Alien" type atmosphere and not "Aliens" type?

Leynos

So Hicks is in this in some form or another? It has to be a prerecorded message as the Sulaco returned to LV-426 after leaving Fury- 161, and we all know how Hicks ended up. And that must be another Bishop droid.

I can't tell if this is going to be enjoyable or not. I see a a fair number of negative opinions but I have a feeling it will find a supportive niche audience.

Humans look pretty iffy, but the aliens look pretty great. 4p co-op means I'm there day one.

Yep, just waiting for confirmation that it has gamepad + TV coop in the Wii U version and the reviews aren't too mortifying and I'm there day 1. Looking forward to many Wii U titles exploiting this to the fullest, looks like a good one.

strafer

I'm ready.

hicksk0cbv.gif

goldensnake

Neo Member
Story and VO seemed subpar. The action looks ok but a huge lack of ATMOSPHERE from that trailer, felt flat. Something about the soundtrack or lack thereof.

Hickee

Did he ever make any cash from Metal Gear?

This actually doesn't look too bad.
Actually I don't know. Also, after checking his wiki, it says he charged FOX so much for using his likeness in Alien 3 after learning he was killed offscreen instead of taking over the lead from Sigourney, he was pretty pissed.

I'd always heard they'd used it without his consent but there you go.

strobogo

Banned
I'd really love more of 3rd person, exploring type Alien game instead of another FPS. More of a Zeldaish kind of game.

destrudo

Hicks? Is is possible Hudson will make a cameo as well? I don't care if they retcon the movies, since I see this game as fan service. I was actually hoping they would completely retcon Alien 3, but seeing as how the Sulaco went to Fury 161 I guess that's not the case.

Also, lol, that chick at 0:37 looks almost exactly like the new Lara Croft.

Edit: That guy with his face covered at 1:16 (who did we bring back) is probably Hudson seeing as how the bandages on his left arm are exactly the same as Hudson's were. Also, I just found out the actors who played Drake and Apone are rumored to providing voice work for the multi-player.

Hicks? Is is possible Hudson will make a cameo as well? I don't care if they retcon the movies, since I see this game as fan service. I was actually hoping they would completely retcon Alien 3, but seeing as how the Sulaco went to Fury 161 I guess that's not the case.

Also, lol, that chick at 0:37 looks almost exactly like the new Lara Croft.

Edit: That guy with his face covered at 1:16 (who did we bring back) is probably Hudson seeing as how the bandages on his left arm are exactly the same as Hudson's were. Also, I just found out the actors who played Drake and Apone are rumored to providing voice work for the multi-player.

Well you play as Apone, Hicks, Drake and Hudson in one of the Multiplayer modes.

Looks like 343 Guilty Spark from Halo 1. Halo 1 was heavily inspired by Aliens. 343GS is like the Aliens game that should have been.

I want this game to be good but I'm not getting my hopes up yet.

And yeah, graphics aren't looking too great.

Medalion

Banned
I will say, yeah the graphics look dialed back quite a bit from the previous footage... I suspect that footage may be Wii-U

Sojgat

This trailer is the first thing from this game that I found to look even remotely interesting. The familiar movie environments are really cool. Is there any chance this won't be garbage?

Aaron

This trailer is the first thing from this game that I found to look even remotely interesting. The familiar movie environments are really cool. Is there any chance this won't be garbage?
Multiplayer will probably be all right, and dead in about two weeks.

I'm ready.

hicksk0cbv.gif

Okay, so Pitchford says that he's been ripping off Aliens his whole career, but nothing bugged me more than Modern Warfare ripping off this scene and lines. The entire irony is lost if you aren't using a shotgun against extra terrestrials.

The multiplayer mode that's 4v4(humans vs aliens) looks like it will be a lot of fun. Its like left 4 deads multiplayer mode and I'm all for that. Four player co-op should be a lot of fun too.

Sojgat

I'm actually hoping the SP campaign could be worth playing. The atmosphere looks cool, but I just have no idea how they're going to fill an entire FPS campaign without it all getting boring and repetitive.

Top Bottom