• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens: Colonial Marines - Story Trailer

Okay, so Pitchford says that he's been ripping off Aliens his whole career, but nothing bugged me more than Modern Warfare ripping off this scene and lines. The entire irony is lost if you aren't using a shotgun against extra terrestrials.

Jesus fucking Christ why did I not get that until now

I'm actually hoping the SP campaign could be worth playing. The atmosphere looks cool, but I just have no idea how they're going to fill an entire FPS campaign without it all getting boring and repetitive.

I was watching an interview and Randy mentioned one thing he's really proud of is the AI of the aliens. So if that's true, hopefully constantly fighting off aliens is always unique and fun. He also said they also took some elements from left 4 dead where the aliens will randomly spawn so it will always be a different experience in SP.

There's also the meta feature to the game that you can build up your characters identity and abilities in the SP that carry over to the MP. Randy mentioned its where you'll want to play your favorite chapters over and over again.

I'm not saying the SP won't get boring/repetitive, but there's at least some elements to it that will help possibly avoid that.

I was watching an interview and Randy mentioned one thing he's really proud of is the AI of the aliens. So if that's true, hopefully constantly fighting off aliens is always unique and fun. He also said they also took some elements from left 4 dead where the aliens will randomly spawn so it will always be a different experience in SP.
My interest in this game is now relative to how much this is true ;P

Okay, so Pitchford says that he's been ripping off Aliens his whole career, but nothing bugged me more than Modern Warfare ripping off this scene and lines. The entire irony is lost if you aren't using a shotgun against extra terrestrials.
Maybe the guy who said it just really liked Aliens?

Bizazedo

He came to a comic convention in my town once and apparently acted like an asshole lol

I met him at a Wizard World comic-con in Philly. He was pimping some movie he directed while he hung all over Kristanna Loken during the Terminator panel.

I am convinced he was high or drunk at the time.

That being said, he was still pretty friendly, especially to kids, so y'never know.

As for this....I dunno, I WANT it to be good..

Top Bottom