• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alligator Brewing's plan to empty seat Richard Spencer in Florida

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Fight hate with beer?

s1LpLOg.gif

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Finally. You need to use different tactics with these idiots. They want the violence. They're literally begging for it.

looking at Charlottesville and the results thereafter, i would say, while they pretend they want violence, getting punched in the mouth and thinking your going to be the one doing the punching are entirely different things. Mike Tyson "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth"

They cancelled events at lots of places for fear of violence.

Ithil

looking at Charlottesville and the results thereafter, i would say, while they pretend they want violence, getting punched in the mouth and thinking your going to be the one doing the punching are entirely different things. Mike Tyson "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth"

They cancelled events at lots of places for fear of violence.

To clarify, they want violence as long as it doesn't threaten them personally. They're fundamentally cowards.

What'll probably end up happening is that they'll see there's a ton of open seats right before the event and they'll just start letting people in without a ticket.

studyguy

Richard Spencer's group rented out the space so they're actually in charge of what media can walk in and who gets tickets. From yesterday's tweets his own people are distributing tickets moments before the event starts so I can't imagine many countermeasures will work. The tickets are free btw. Just need to actually get one from his people specifically.

https://twitter.com/loisbeckett/status/920676069463732224
University of Florida has given Richard Spencer full control over which journalists will be allowed inside the venue to cover his speech.
Again not EXACTLY right that UF gave him the rights, he rented the space so he has control.

https://twitter.com/loisbeckett/status/920645740120215552
In response, Richard Spencer's people are distributing tickets for his speech themselves--right before it starts:
This is in DIRECT RESPONSE to Alligator Brewing btw.

https://twitter.com/loisbeckett
I'd follow her twitter to keep up with the event, she's been there for days and covers FL events anyway.

Also apparently someone painted a mural next to the area where Spencer speaks today...

Allforce

Yeah following this on Twitter he's got about 6-8 skinheads outside the venue "vetting" anyone walking up for tickets. So basically nobody who is going to pose a problem is getting into this thing and the tickets will all get handed out to Nazis

Blizzard

Banned
It does seem like the goal is just to get protestors angry (and then potentially in trouble), so he's at minimum accomplishing that.

daveo42

Banned
I'll have to pick up some of their beer the next time I'm in Florida. Genius fucking plan. Hopefully other breweries do the same when Spencer tries this shit in other cities. I know he's coming to Cincinnati at some point in the future and we have a ton of fantastic breweries in the area that would be down to do the same thing.

Cruxist

Was watching a livestream on facebook but I'm done now. Guy is just a troll and not even a good one. Any time somebody asked a legitimate question he would start the answer with, "I'm just going to pretend you asked that in good faith," and then just dismiss out of hand anything he was questioned on. He spent a good 20 minutes just claiming, "I'll talk over you," but instead would say, "You claim to be for free speech but you're trying to silence my free speech!"

So, a bad troll who got his way and doesn't actually have anything to say. Hope the rest of the event is calm, stay safe Gators.

lightus

Gainville PD can put their swat/army shit to good use and find the guy.

I'd certainly hope so. Seems like every third person I see is a cop.

I think we know what to do once the nazis have been lured to the brewery
cut_off_florida.gif

No no, wait! Lemme drive up first, I don't want to be stuck with these losers!

Edit: just to be clear, the brewery isn't luring nazis because it's for unused tickets only.

Effect

Racists outing themselves all over my local Facbook broadcast.

Crazy

It continues to surprise that people have no problem outing themselves like this. I hope they continue to do it but how they can be surprised that they get backlash from it and even lose their jobs is crazy. They can't be that oblivious. After all they kept their true selves hidden in the past.

Tahnit

Banned
Plenty of vids in her timeline of this punk getting drowned out by the crowd. It's pretty great.

Haha I love it. Wish I had a full video tho but this works. What did this moron think was gonna happen? People were gonna be quiet and let him talk?

Nottle

I’m from Gainesville. That wall of graffiti is allowed by the city and I love the anti Nazi art people displayed.

Hope everyone stays safe and I’m proud that they drowned out the nazis.

Top Bottom