• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alternative to Astro Mixamp 5.8

This thing has been my faithful companion for going on five years now. It's far outlived the headset that came alongside it and I use it all the time. Its finally starting to go out, it's having syncing issues and I'm constantly having to re-pair it so my voice will go through. I've been dreading this day for a long time because I haven't been able to find a viable alternative that allows me to use any headset/headphones wireless (Currently using Headphones and a mod mic with it). Does anyone know of another solution as robust as this out there right now?

q:100

Unstable

Do you absolutely need wireless? If you're willing to deal with a wired solution you'd probably have quite a few more options to chose from. Wired would be far cheaper and provide significantly improved audio quality.

Do you absolutely need wireless? If you're willing to deal with a wired solution you'd probably have quite a few more options to chose from. Wired would be far cheaper and provide significantly improved audio quality.

I really enjoy the benefits having wireless gives me. I've compared the audio quality directly plugged into my sound card. The trade off for me personally isn't worth it for my usage (Honestly the Mixamp quality has also been pretty high). I often talk to people over discord while doing other things around my house and for playing from PC or console to Big Screen in a recliner it's just not conducive.

Bump. To be clear I'm not looking for a new wireless headset. I want something that will work with any headphone/mic combo going forward.

Top Bottom