• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon.ca: THESE are real Wii U boxes

Zeroth

xmGe9.png

Too soon?

Banned
Ok guys, I suck at Gimp but I want to learn. I tried to make a Metroid Prime 4 mock-up cover art. I'm sure the photoshop experts will see the errors right away. I tried to find the proper Metroid Prime font, as it is thicker and more silver but I had to deal with Metroid Prime Hunters font instead. Bear with me here and let me know what you think.
(Also posted in Wii U information thread)

Ok guys, I suck at Gimp but I want to learn. I tried to make a Metroid Prime 4 mock-up cover art. I'm sure the photoshop experts will see the errors right away. I tried to find the proper Metroid Prime font, as it is thicker and more silver but I had to deal with Metroid Prime Hunters font instead. Bear with me here and let me know what you think.
(Also posted in Wii U information thread)

Not enough pictures of samus to be a believeable metroid box art.

blamite

So I tried to make a mock up for New Super Mario Bros. U.

Regular box art:
noonlyon.png
Other than the awkward water on the left, this is great, and exactly what I'd expect the real thing to look like. The banner really looks good in examples like this too, it's just that there are so many other games it'd look terribly out of place on. Would've been nice to go with something a little safer that would work more universally, but really I just can't hate it too much.

Firemind

Haha, twelve pages on the box design.

To be honest, it's much nicer to look at than green. Or as I'd like to call it puke green.

Guys the real issue is that these cases will be those stupid recycle cases (who the hell recycles cases anyways, it's probably just an excuse to cheap out on plastic).

ecokeepcasewii.jpg

AniHawk

I'm starting to like it less when used on more games.

I think some of the mockups that fans did back in 2006 would have been better choices for the Wii U instead of that:

3074-disaster-day-of-crisis.jpg

That one is from July 2006.

too busy. beveled wii logo, chrome/metallic look for no reason. shadow on the white part, shadow on the blue part. nintendo logo is an afterthought.

the simpler wii u on blue works better. not sold on the yellow, but i don't outright dislike it.

MisterHero

Guys the real issue is that these cases will be those stupid recycle cases (who the hell recycles cases anyways, it's probably just an excuse to cheap out on plastic).

ecokeepcasewii.jpg
If they're gonna do that they might as well have custom cutouts like the 3DS boxes

Ryoku

A revision!

You should remove Retro's logo. They don't have their logo on their games. Also, replace the Nintendo logo with the new grey logo. Try centering the "Ressurection" part a little more by moving it to the right a bit. Just some constructive criticism :)

The rest is great.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I haven't been through the whole thread, but yellow seems to be the common complaint (I like it).

But to appease everyone, this is how it would look with white.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
It's real? Well I hope the yellow looks better in person. It's starting to grow on me, but I still don't think it goes well with mature games.

gfdoom

Banner doesn't connect at all with "mature" games...

prime.png

I think the point of that color is to standout, not try and "connect" with any game. They picked a color that is rarely if ever, used in box art. The same with xbox360's bright neon green color.

I think the point of that color is to standout, not try and "connect" with any game. They picked a color that is rarely if ever, used in box art. The same with xbox360's bright neon green color.

I was talking about the yellow "swoosh." The teal banner is fine.

AzaK

Banner doesn't connect at all with "mature" games...

prime.png

Well if someone looking for say Metroid Prime 4, sees the box art and goes "Naaaa, box is too kiddy, I'm not buying!" then I think they are the ones with a mixed up perception of "mature".

Banned
You should remove Retro's logo. They don't have their logo on their games. Also, replace the Nintendo logo with the new grey logo. Try centering the "Ressurection" part a little more by moving it to the right a bit. Just some constructive criticism :)

The rest is great.

Will do! Just need some sleep first. I like the retro logo they are my fav but I will try it tour way too. I just noticed the resurrection is a little of

sakipon

First comment in that link

"If Shiguru Miyamoto got highlights in his hair, do you think that would be a news article too?"

Fucking Shiguru...
I realize it's a joke, with a typo no less, but actually that would be big news... dying his hair would raise speculation whether it's a hint about his next game idea. It's his fault for giving out hints anyway.

As for the topic, I still don't appreciate the yellow. Guess I'll have learn to live with it.

Top Bottom