• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon.co.jp is now offering international shipping for games and consoles

giphy.gif

maxcriden

If an item says (during the pre-order phase) at the top part of the page:

"This item can be delivered to the United States."

But under product details says

"International Shipping: We're sorry; this item can not be shipped outside Japan"

Which is true? It seems to be allowing me to purchase it but I don't want to send money down a black hole to never see it again.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
If an item says (during the pre-order phase) at the top part of the page:

"This item can be delivered to the United States."

But under product details says

"International Shipping: We're sorry; this item can not be shipped outside Japan"

Which is true? It seems to be allowing me to purchase it but I don't want to send money down a black hole to never see it again.

If you can complete the purchase, it'll ship.
They don't charge until it ships anyway.

tiijj

Sometimes when it says that it will ship but you get an error saying that it won't, you can try again later. Their system's a little buggy, I sometimes get that error and after trying a few times and making sure that I added the right item (sold by amazon jp directly) everything goes through.

hongcha

I've been trying to preorder a few games but every time I do the shipping is twice as much as for an in-stock game. So it's like 2100 yen instead of 1100 yen. Anyone know if Amazon JP will adjust it to the correct shipping price prior to shipping? Or do they just charge double shipping costs for preorders for some bizarre reason?

Halabane

I've been trying to preorder a few games but every time I do the shipping is twice as much as for an in-stock game. So it's like 2100 yen instead of 1100 yen. Anyone know if Amazon JP will adjust it to the correct shipping price prior to shipping? Or do they just charge double shipping costs for preorders for some bizarre reason?

Make sure the item you are ordering is from amazon.jp not some third party. They do support preorder of merchandise from third part resellers, which could cause increase cost of shipping. I can't say if they will adjust the shipping because mine is free to a JPN address.

hongcha

All the games I have tried to preorder are sold by Amazon JP. Really trying to get Fire Emblem Echoes, but I don't want to pay 2100 yen shipping.

Shin

Banned
The Japanese site doesn't use the same database as other Amazon sites?
I can login fine on any Amazon site with my account but not the Japanese one.

The Japanese site doesn't use the same database as other Amazon sites?
I can login fine on any Amazon site with my account but not the Japanese one.
Yeah you need to create a new account. You can use the same email address you use with other Amazons, but it's separate account.

Desmond

Is anyone else finding it hard to find games that make use of international shipping now? I have items in my basket which say they are sold by amazon themselves, but none of them can be shipped abroad.

Koppai

Is anyone else finding it hard to find games that make use of international shipping now? I have items in my basket which say they are sold by amazon themselves, but none of them can be shipping abroad.
Yeah I think they are starting to lock things down. For a while i was getting my Pokemon figures and now i cant.

tiijj

The ones available for shipping usually changes, first it was not available then after a week or so they open it up. If you really want the game/item, make sure to frequently check it. I'm not saying that ____ item will be available for intl shipping but it does change. There are times where an item might be available and they change it to be unavailable for intl shipping.

The problem I have with them right now is the shipping costs. The pre-order costs for shipping is too high compared to regular orders.

Here's an example. I chose 2 same price games (discounted price), both are also regular edition so the weight should be the same. Also ignore the import fees, the import fees depends on your location. I have to pay a lot for mine :(

Shipping is 2x more for the pre-order

MK 8 Deluxe
lEZH5br.png

ARMS Pre-order
neNcU0a.png

Theswweet

The ones available for shipping usually changes, first it was not available then after a week or so they open it up. If you really want the game/item, make sure to frequently check it. I'm not saying that ____ item will be available for intl shipping but it does change. There are times where an item might be available and they change it to be unavailable for intl shipping.

The problem I have with them right now is the shipping costs. The pre-order costs for shipping is too high compared to regular orders.

Here's an example. I chose 2 same price games (discounted price), both are also regular edition so the weight should be the same. Also ignore the import fees, the import fees depends on your location. I have to pay a lot for mine :(

Shipping is 2x more for the pre-order

Yeah that's a bug that has been coming and going. You can talk to CSR and get part of it refunded.

Desmond

Very odd, it was working again last night. Managed to buy Yakuza 6 with an estimated delivery date of Wednesday! That's really quick haha

LiK

Shipping prices have gone way up. I'm only gonna buy from them if I can't get it easily any other way. Wish they offered cheaper shipping options.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Shipping prices have gone way up. I'm only gonna buy from them if I can't get it easily any other way. Wish they offered cheaper shipping options.
Not really in my experience. Are you trying to preorder? They will charge you a placeholder price if you try to preorder an item before it's in stock (around $20-30 for a single game). Once they receive stock (usually a couple of days before release) and confirm an item's actual weight the shipping price drops down to around $8 for a single game.

LiK

Not really in my experience. Are you trying to preorder? They will charge you a placeholder price if you try to preorder an item before it's in stock (around $20-30 for a single game). Once they receive stock (usually a couple of days before release) and confirm an item's actual weight the shipping price drops down to around $8 for a single game.

Yea, I tried preordering some amiibos and the shipping was ridiculous. Good to know it's mainly a preorder thing.

Wow, this is AWESOME.

I wonder if I can import DoAX3 now?

*realizes I live in a country that's so religious where just being gay is illegal*

Ok, maybe not.

Koppai

Wow, this is AWESOME.

I wonder if I can import DoAX3 now?

*realizes I live in a country that's so religious where just being gay is illegal*

Ok, maybe not.

Yeah but might as well get the asian english version at this point.

Yeah it seems like the great switch exodus was the last straw for them
They didn't let international buyers purchase the consoles when they went up for preorder.

Desmond

Sorry for the bump, but does anyone else have an issue where it's not calculating the Import Duty for you? It only shows the product price and shipping costs.

Sorry for the bump, but does anyone else have an issue where it's not calculating the Import Duty for you? It only shows the product price and shipping costs.
In that case there is no import duty fees. First are you sure the product is sold by Amazon and not a marketplace seller? If it's AmazonGlobal eligible and you were not charged import fees at checkout then you won't pay any, even if your local customs decide to charge fees, Amazon will pay them and eat the loss.

Desmond

In that case there is no import duty fees. First are you sure the product is sold by Amazon and not a marketplace seller? If it's AmazonGlobal eligible and you were not charged import fees at checkout then you won't pay any, even if your local customs decide to charge fees, Amazon will pay them and eat the loss.
That's a strange one. Yeah, it's amazon selling it but the order is around 12000 yen.

Bebpo

Banned
If your order goes through does that guarantee that they will ship it to USA? Or have people had their orders cancelled at some point? Especially with pre-orders.

Top Bottom