• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon.co.jp is now offering international shipping for games and consoles

luminous

To anyone who got pre-ordered stuff from Amazon jp before, do they usually ship before release date? I'm trying to figure out if there's any chance Project Diva X could still arrive this week as it's coming out this thursday...

Prelude.

Customs fees are included, so it will pretty much double the postage cost of whatever you import.
So a 6000 yen game will end up something like this:

That said, if it turns out that they've overestimated/you've overpaid they will refund the difference.

I've ordered books from them before, and Amazon.jp insist on charging an import fees deposit for them even though they're not something you need to pay import fees for. The fee always gets refunded, but it tends to take about a month.

(It's also worth noting that the 6000yen game seems to get knocked down to ~5570ish during the checkout process. I assume some japanese taxes get removed from it because they aren't applicable to overseas buyers?).
I see, thanks. I kinda wanted to buy Project Diva f since it's pretty cheap. Shipping+customs shouldn't be too bad.

Halabane

Just a heads up for those in us it appears that they are using DHL. Since DHL left the domestic shipping business their locations are often not close to you. Mine is 40 miles away (compared to 5 and 10 for ups and fedex). They require signing for packages. So you either have to take a day off from work to be home or sign the slip allowing them to leave it but you take all the risk. I guess you could drive to their site.

Wish they would switch to fedex.

LiK

To anyone who got pre-ordered stuff from Amazon jp before, do they usually ship before release date? I'm trying to figure out if there's any chance Project Diva X could still arrive this week as it's coming out this thursday...

sometimes if you're lucky

Just a heads up for those in us it appears that they are using DHL. Since DHL left the domestic shipping business their locations are often not close to you. Mine is 40 miles away (compared to 5 and 10 for ups and fedex). They require signing for packages. So you either have to take a day off from work to be home or sign the slip allowing them to leave it but you take all the risk. I guess you could drive to their site.

Wish they would switch to fedex.

If you have a cell number on your account they can also send you a text asking if they can leave the package without requiring a signature.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Everyday I check if they restock zero no kiseki evo no luck. At this point I'll probably have a better chance hoping for a PS4 port but even that seems fucked up as I understand it that the licensing to make that happen wouldn't be insignificant?

kotodama

Ugh.. anything I want to order now gives me this:

申し訳ありませんが、この郵便番号にはお届けできません (Sorry, your address is bleh and our third party resellers can't be bothered to take your money lol [translation definitely mine])

Did neogaf buy out Amazon.co.jp official stock of everything? I should've pulled the trigger on the Orange Vita last week.

zoobzone

申し訳ありませんが、この郵便番号にはお届けできません (Sorry, your address is bleh and our third party resellers can't be bothered to take your money lol [translation definitely mine])

Did neogaf buy out Amazon.co.jp official stock of everything? I should've pulled the trigger on the Orange Vita last week.

Nope, it's just amazon jp decided to not ship global again, although it looks like it's on a per publisher case. Most of the nintendo games and sega games still ship global.

Eolz

Nope, it's just amazon jp decided to not ship global again, although it looks like it's on a per publisher case. Most of the nintendo games and sega games still ship global.

Aw :(

kotodama

Dang it. Well at least I got a discounted Bayo 1+2 with free shipping. Looking at the Nintendo stuff now, yup, I can get Fatal Frame, but not Xenoblade X whacky. Still now I need a Japanese Wii U (stupid region locking.. shopping locking) lol. Sigh,Off to the Proxy shopping services I go.

It's not on a per publisher case. It depends on the alignment of the stars. Srsly.

I have placed pre-orders on the Collector's Edition of both Vita and PS4 versions of DOAX3. The Vita version allowed me to ship here. The PS4 did not. (The double package also didn't.) Cancelled all of them since I decided I actually don't want them lol.

But I still wanted to experiment with it, so I pre-ordered Project Diva X with international shipping some hours ago and it went through.

All cases are from Amazon itself, not marketplace sellers.

kotodama

It seems if it doesn't say "AmazonGlobal 海外..." in the description then it's a no go. It's seriously random as said above. Smash will ship, but Smash with the 4 player adapter will not. Fatal Frame Wii U now won't ship today, but 3DS LLs will.

I wish there was a way to sort based off that "Amazon Global" criteria.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
It seems if it doesn't say "AmazonGlobal 海外..." in the description then it's a no go. It's seriously random as said above. Smash will ship, but Smash with the 4 player adapter will not. Fatal Frame Wii U now won't ship today, but 3DS LLs will.

I wish there was a way to sort based off that "Amazon Global" criteria.

hmm yeahh

2016-03-2314_07_24-am6fy9w.jpg

TreIII

Yeah, it's funny. I was able to just one-click an order for Downtown Nekketsu SP (Kunio-kun) for 3DS, and my order for Pokken arrived on Monday. But I STILL can't preorder Starfox Zero. And it's just like "Aw, C'MON!!!!"...

Ordered Sunday night and it just got here around 1p.m.
Fuck DHL though. They delivered it to the wrong apartment 2 buildings over then argued with me that they left it at the correct address. Called the guy back and bitched him out for acting like a dick to me. Oh well at least I got my game
1TrM9uI.jpg

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
My Amazon JP order arrived! Mmm, exclusive new CharaParfait K.K. card. Also got those cool Red and Green box sets because they're super awesome! Thank you Amazon JP for finally allowing global game shipments.

did we figure out why some games would not ship outside? it seems Etrian V or Stranger of sword city xbox one wont ship outside japan for me?

crimilde

Banned
did we figure out why some games would not ship outside? it seems Etrian V or Stranger of sword city xbox one wont ship outside japan for me?
they need to be sold directly by Amazon apparently. I wanted to get robotics;notes and no such luck. If it's just fulfilled by Amazon it won't ship internationally.

they need to be sold directly by Amazon apparently. I wanted to get robotics;notes and no such luck. If it's just fulfilled by Amazon it won't ship internationally.

Etrian Odyssey V is a preorder and sold by Amazon directly but wont ship here. Yakuza kiwami ships here. same with odin sphere but Life is Strange or attack on titan wont ship here. Weird. Maybe since I live in Asia they dont want to ship some games here? I dont know.

Like FFXIV heavensward CE ships on PC this link.

but the PS4 one Even sold by amazon jp wont ship to me. :S Im really confused.

hongcha

Etrian Odyssey V is a preorder and sold by Amazon directly but wont ship here. Yakuza kiwami ships here. same with odin sphere but Life is Strange or attack on titan wont ship here. Weird. Maybe since I live in Asia they dont want to ship some games here? I dont know.

Yep, lots of games and consoles sold by Amazon JP still won't ship outside of Japan. I don't know why.

Aeana

This dream seems to be basically nearly dead, which is so unfortunate considering I had the Sakura Festival version of Tokyo Xanadu shipped to me in just over 24 hours this week. Now I can't seem to make orders for very much at all. Including stuff I have active orders for already, i.e. SO5.

crimilde

Banned

Like FFXIV heavensward CE ships on PC this link.

but the PS4 one Even sold by amazon jp wont ship to me. :S Im really confused.

Oh yeah, I browsed it some more and noticed this too. It's so random. Guess I'll stick to cdjapan.

Darn was excited to get Stranger of Sword City from Amazon JP but they aren't shipping it for whatever reason. Azito Legends will still ship so I might just get that before they stop selling international or whatever (even though the game apparently is buggy as hell and sucks)

LiK

guess they wanna control the stock from selling out. that's my guess. maybe once the games are out, they'll open them up again.

kotodama

If it doesn't say "Sorry we can't ship to your address" in Japanese and uses Amazon Global it should be fine. I'm going to try and order a couple things (Kanken 3DS, Microsoft Keyboard, etc.) that should ship through Amazon Global via Purse.io.

This dream seems to be basically nearly dead, which is so unfortunate considering I had the Sakura Festival version of Tokyo Xanadu shipped to me in just over 24 hours this week. Now I can't seem to make orders for very much at all. Including stuff I have active orders for already, i.e. SO5.

Oh yeah, I browsed it some more and noticed this too. It's so random. Guess I'll stick to cdjapan.

Yea they still seem to be willing to ship music and books to me which is good because im gonna order some artbooks and soundtracks but why wont they ship old games sold by amazon.sigh.

guess they wanna control the stock from selling out. that's my guess. maybe once the games are out, they'll open them up again.

that makes sense but these are also older titles in the ones I posted above that will ship on some platforms but not others like FFXIV CE. Weird.

kotodama

Wait, is the Sega 3D collection for 3DS region free? It says on the page:

Import Game - Japanese Version
Compatible with US systems (region free)
Japanese language (other languages may be included)
Manual and packaging in Japanese language

Is this right or wrong?

So weird the Japanese language side has none of that info. It's just probably some generic placeholder for games though it's inconsistent. I can get it for the English language page of Neptunia VII, but not for Shin Megami IV Final.

dolabla

Most likely wrong because no 3ds games are region free. I'll try it later on and get back to you unless someone else does it.

Good stuff. Thanks!

I'd like to buy it if it is. I have the second one (US release) on pre-order, but I'd like to get the first one as well since it may never be released here.

ShadyJ

I purchased an arcade stick and it came 2 days early but DHL let it on my door step and marked it as "signed for" while i wasnt home.

Boogiepop

Sucks how this seems to already be dead on a ton of stuff. Went to preorder the new Taiko no Tatsujin for 3DS, and nope, won't work. Here's hoping that's all just a kink in rolling out the new system that will get fixed, as I'm sure there will be at least some stuff here and there in the future that I'd like to order...

Sucks how this seems to already be dead on a ton of stuff. Went to preorder the new Taiko no Tatsujin for 3DS, and nope, won't work. Here's hoping that's all just a kink in rolling out the new system that will get fixed, as I'm sure there will be at least some stuff here and there in the future that I'd like to order...

I think preorders were always hit or miss. I think it's fine for games that are already out.

Tijmen

Would someone help a European brother out? I really want that new Bulbasaur plushy with the Ditto face, but I have no idea where to start. Is it even possible to import plushies from Amazon.jp (as they come from the official Pokémon Center if I'm not mistaken)? Do I create a seperate user account?

Some help would be greatly appreciated as this is the first time since my childhood I've wanted a plushie this bad.

LiK

Would someone help a European brother out? I really want that new Bulbasaur plushy with the Ditto face, but I have no idea where to start. Is it even possible to import plushies from Amazon.jp (as they come from the official Pokémon Center if I'm not mistaken)? Do I create a seperate user account?

Some help would be greatly appreciated as this is the first time since my childhood I've wanted a plushie this bad.

toys are case by case basis. some are allowed, some are not.

Ephidel

As far as I can tell the plush is only sold by secondary sellers (link). There's a keyring/hanging charm thing (sold by amazon themselves) but it says it can't deliver that to my area (I'm in the UK)

You could always try Nippon-Yasan. It's listed there at just over €18 and there are a load of reasonable tracked postage options in the €12-16 range. I've ordered games and a couple of halloween pokemon plushes from them before without problems.

Top Bottom