• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon.co.jp is now offering international shipping for games and consoles

TheWorst

What time did everyone get their stuff from DHL at? I got the call/text this morning, so I assumed my package would arrive today, but nothing yet.

Compsiox

Banned
29p856v.jpg

ARRIVED WITHIN 2 DAYS!!! HOLY FUCK!

Kiyo

Was considering cancelling my Dark Souls 3 preorder and just making a japanese account and going digital, but all these posts talking about the shipping speed makes me hopeful the game will get to me soon after release.

Phu

Banned
This whole thing has just made it easier for me to spend money. The convenience of Amazon is just so.....convenient.

Been looking around for some Vita games and [simple] books to import. Anyone have any suggestions for stuff to check out?

ARRIVED WITHIN 2 DAYS!!! HOLY FUCK!

Nice!

It's weirdly inconsistent with what it would let me order in the test browsing I've tried.

For example, even though all would seemingly be shipped and sold by Amazon.co.jp, it would ship Dark Souls 3 to me in the US, but neither PS4 Attack on Titan or Dragon Quest Builders (same for Star Ocean 5). Both of these still say they can't be delivered.

Wish I knew why.

looks like delivery was changed to tomorrow.

Edit: dammit, missed my package. Took a nap cuz I wasn't feeling well and missed the doorbell.

The one annoyance about packages needing to be signed for, even more so when working! I know that feeling.

Sakujou

Banned
just a stupid question, but i need to create a new account for amazon jp?

i cant log in with my german account.

i ordered from canada, usa, gb, spain, italy, france but japan wants me to create a separate one?

4 real?

Going to pick up DMC4 SE. I need to find a list of other imports with English text. I was always bummed out we didn't get a physical copy in the states.

LiK

Nice!

It's weirdly inconsistent with what it would let me order in the test browsing I've tried.

For example, even though all would seemingly be shipped and sold by Amazon.co.jp, it would ship Dark Souls 3 to me in the US, but neither PS4 Attack on Titan or Dragon Quest Builders (same for Star Ocean 5). Both of these still say they can't be delivered.

The one annoyance about packages needing to be signed for, even more so when working! I know that feeling.

turns out i could've had signature authorization release on their site if i knew my waybill number. gonna check back on the tracking number and see if it's the same number so i can do this in the future depending on what i buy. not gonna deal with having to sign stuff for cheap stuff.

anyway, rescheduled for tomorrow and told them to just leave it and ring the bell.

kubus

your own currency or in japanese yen?
Usually best to go with yen but it depends on your credit card. See if you can find out if your bank charges a currency converter fee or what exchange rate they use and compare it to what Amazon's using.

Wish this was introduced sooner in the year when the dollar was worth 120 yen.

The dollar/yen has kind of been in a freefall since then and is down to around 110. Hope it doesn't drop any further.

(still a hell of a lot better than it was a few years ago when it was 1 dollar for 80 yen though. Ugh)

Boogiepop

Since it's been mentioned once or twice: since DHL always seems to require a signature (at least on stuff from Amazon.jp), if you want them to just leave it, you can put a signed note with your tracking number on your door. I just kind of do that by default nowadays due to at least one incident of the guy not even knocking or ringing the doorbell, and then I just noticed a failure to deliver notice... even though I had been home the whole day.

LiK

Since it's been mentioned once or twice: since DHL always seems to require a signature (at least on stuff from Amazon.jp), if you want them to just leave it, you can put a signed note with your tracking number on your door. I just kind of do that by default nowadays due to at least one incident of the guy not even knocking or ringing the doorbell, and then I just noticed a failure to deliver notice... even though I had been home the whole day.

You can do signature release online as well.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Two days later and I have games from Japan for the cost of domestic shipping. I've never had anything that perfect from overseas before, so I guess I'm not doing Play Asia anymore.

They sent me a Google Voice text that gave me the link to opt out of signiature confirmation, otherwise I would've missed the package when I was gone.

Kamion

Did they change it back? A friend wanted to order SO5, too. It's not working anymore :(
(Sorry for kinda big-ass image, too lazy to run through Photoshop :p blame my resolution)

QoHYFw3.jpg

Which is weird because I could order it a few days ago. Now it won't ship internationally anymore. But some other games still work (SMT4 FINAL for example)
Now I am scared they won't ship it...

ackl

Did they change it back? A friend wanted to order SO5, too. It's not working anymore :(

Which is weird because I could order it a few days ago. Now it won't ship internationally anymore. But some other games still work (SMT4 FINAL for example)

I've noticed this too.......what's going on? :/

tiijj

They sometimes add/remove stuff, it happens to the AC Amiibo Cards S4 that I was looking at. All you can do is wait and they might enable it again.

Soulfang

Neo Member
I've noticed this too.......what's going on? :/

I wonder if it has anything to do with which particular warehouse would fulfill the order. Maybe only a handful of them are whitelisted for global shipping? There doesn't seem to be any particular rhyme or reason to what's enabled and what isn't.

I think Fedex allowed this too.

USPS (for EMS) won't accept this though, atleast I don't think so since a while back they didn't for me.

Now I am scared they won't ship it...

So I'm not the only one. This was what I was talking about for some games yesterday, though I hadn't checked to see if it worked previously like you had. Yesterday SO5 and several others showed that it wouldn't ship to the US for me either.

LiK

maybe try again tomorrow. not sure what's going on but it would suck if they decided to restrict them again.

Akibared

I got my copy of Kamen Rider Battride yesterday I'm thinking about ordering Yakuza Ishin next!

What time did everyone get their stuff from DHL at? I got the call/text this morning, so I assumed my package would arrive today, but nothing yet.

They sent the text at 11:00am and it got to me by about 4:30pm.

HfRb2QB.jpg

My shiny new neon orange Vita 2000 arrived today.

It took just three days to arrive from Japan to Australia. $220 AUD in total.

Would have set me back $320 on Play-Asia.

Fucking insane.

I'm jealous. Decent price too!

I've been wanting to get a Vita for awhile (solely for PS4 remote play). Looks like the JPY to USD exchange is favorable right now and I could get a limited edition color for just a few dollars more than buying a domestic system. Are they any cool LE Vita systems coming out soon?

Got Puyo Puyo Tetris 'cause of this.
It's is a lot of fun. Haven't played an import game since I think Ni no Kuni DS so I'm a bit rusty with the translating, haha.

I'm terrible at Puyo Puyo, but decent at Tetris so it's quite challenging at times.

So I just recently started ordering Asian versions of PS4/Vita games with English off play asia and this has got me intrigued. What Japanese ps4/vita games can be played with little or no Japanese knowledge? Definitely looking at Puyo Puyo Tetris.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I really want to import E.X. Troopers but I wouldn't understand a word of it. Tempted to import a JP 3DS just to access the JP eShop and play JP games.

LiK

So I just recently started ordering Asian versions of PS4/Vita games with English off play asia and this has got me intrigued. What Japanese ps4/vita games can be played with little or no Japanese knowledge? Definitely looking at Puyo Puyo Tetris.

The usual fighters, shmups and action games are good choices. If you're lost, someone out there might have already translated the menus at least. You can actually find translations for Puyo Puyo Tetris menus out there.

Dammit, I checked this a couple of days ago and was on the fence. Now I decided to pull the trigger and it's not available. Has anyone successfully preordered anything?

8VFMSJZ.png

Prophane33

Dammit, I checked this a couple of days ago and was on the fence. Now I decided to pull the trigger and it's not available. Has anyone successfully preordered anything?

8VFMSJZ.png

My pre-order for the budget version of the first Taiko no Tatsujin for 3DS shipped absolutely fine.

Ephidel

Customs fees are included, so it will pretty much double the postage cost of whatever you import.
So a 6000 yen game will end up something like this:
That said, if it turns out that they've overestimated/you've overpaid they will refund the difference.

I've ordered books from them before, and Amazon.jp insist on charging an import fees deposit for them even though they're not something you need to pay import fees for. The fee always gets refunded, but it tends to take about a month.

(It's also worth noting that the 6000yen game seems to get knocked down to ~5570ish during the checkout process. I assume some japanese taxes get removed from it because they aren't applicable to overseas buyers?).

kiri

Man, I really want to import E.X. Troopers but I wouldn't understand a word of it. Tempted to import a JP 3DS just to access the JP eShop and play JP games.
Whilst there is a fair bit of text, if you're looking for fun gunning Lost Planet-esque action then you can't go wrong.....plus the OST is phenomenal

kagamin

You should definitely get it, I don't understand a lick of Japanese but I still played the whole game and beat most of the VR missions. :p I did get stuck on a certain part where you have to go up to a specific place to talk to someone but I just checked a walkthrough on youtube and it set me straight.

Top Bottom