• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Deal: Sign-up For 30-Day Audible Trial and Get 3 Free Books

Necrovex

Fuck, I havent purchased any books in that time. Damnit

That's my downside too. I migrated to my family's Amazon Prime account and abandoned my own. So any books I would have bought would have been through another account which had Audible already.

Still a fantastic deal for people who qualify!

CazTGG

From audible chat:

The second one doesn't seem to be the case from what Amazon/Audible said:

We're happy to hear you've enrolled into a Free Trial of our service. As a thank you, we've provided you with a promotional coupon to use towards the purchase of select Hardcover and Paperback books sold and shipped by Amazon.com.

This promotional coupon will automatically be applied to your account and will appear in the "Order Summary" section of the checkout page. You should see a discount labeled "Audible Promotion" showing the total discount applied.

Please note that it may take up to 24 hours for the promotional coupon to appear in your cart after redeeming the Audible Free Trial offer.

We're happy to hear you've enrolled into a Free Trial of our service. As a thank you, we've provided you with a promotional coupon to use towards the purchase of select Hardcover and Paperback books sold and shipped by Amazon.com.

This promotional coupon will automatically be applied to your account and will appear in the "Order Summary" section of the checkout page. You should see a discount labeled "Audible Promotion" showing the total discount applied.

Please note that it may take up to 24 hours for the promotional coupon to appear in your cart after redeeming the Audible Free Trial offer.
I got that too, but when I found a book I wanted, I clicked the banner and got the book immediately for free. The 2 Audible credits are already there too. So the e-mail seems to be referencing a promo we already used.

I tried to do it because apparently my account has purchased a book recently, but cancelled out when I decided I didnt want the book and wanted to change. Already got the email for the trial and the banners are all gone. Nothing in my cart. Guess they didnt code it right cause now Im boned

Edit: Oh you have to go to checkout

Owzers

I tried to do it because apparently my account has purchased a book recently, but cancelled out when I decided I didnt want the book and wanted to change. Already got the email for the trial and the banners are all gone. Nothing in my cart. Guess they didnt code it right cause now Im boned

Edit: Oh you have to go to checkout

Can you cancel your free book order and switch to a different one?

Maengun1

WHOA, thank you so much for posting this!

There's always a ton of books I want, but since I'm a huge BOTW fan I went ahead and ordered that book in the OP because damn, $55! It is indeed out of stock right now but it says more on the way so.

Awesome deal. Gonna decide which two audiobooks I want too and then cancel the trial after I get the Zelda guide lol.

Jon Armdog

I got the banner on the Amano Sky book, but couldn't get the promo to appear in the checkout screen. I got on a chat with Amazon, the lady said they were having major technical difficulties with the promotion, and she would have to refund the purchase price after I placed the order. So, I placed it while on the chat, and she refunded it while I was on.

basik

it worked for me on the zelda guide and I've never bought any books before. But my account is from like 2005 and I am a regular customer.

basik

wish I had gotten nausicaa instead. that is really great stuff. reminded me of panzer dragoon saga.its wayyy better than the movie. the movie is like just a few volumes of what the full story really is.

the chris

Ended up getting the Okami artbook that I've been eyeing for ages. I was thinking about the Dark Souls one, but that's gone up to ludicrous prices.

H8gBKdz.jpg

I got Utena! :D

Ionic

Man, I went through the thing for the Final Fantasy artbook and it said the discount would be applied but I can't get it to show up as 0.00 in my cart. Anybody know what's up?

Protein

Banned
Someone recommend some good audio books. I got the new World War Z that adds the rest of the stuff left out in abridged version. It's the Complete movie-tie in edition.

Can't get a book to work, but I at least got 2 audio books, which is nice. I got the Phasma and Inferno Squad (Battlefront II) books. Inferno Squad actually plays the Star Wars theme. Not bad.

Sami+

Is this 100% confirmed? Because I've already placed an order for the Scott Pilgrim complete set in a hurry but now I really want the Nausicaa set. I am BTW in Mexico with Mexican debit card, I don't want to push my luck here after successfully getting something I'm somewhat interested in....

Oooo good idea. Scott Pilgrim on the way

TraBuch

Banned
Man, I went through the thing for the Final Fantasy artbook and it said the discount would be applied but I can't get it to show up as 0.00 in my cart. Anybody know what's up?
Are you using a card as a payment method instead of the promotional credit?

Ionic

Are you using a card as a payment method instead of the promotional credit?

It looks like it was buying from a non-Amazon source so I just switched it out for an Amazon one and then I clicked use promotional credit and it went through. Says the book won't ship until mid November, but that's fine. It's a surprise gift being sent to my girl friend so it can just show up whenever it wants to. Thanks for the help.

Josh378

Dude, this has been the best free stuff week ever. Got 5 free movies just to combine my movie library. Lady gave me free food at Slim chicken today because the other guy didn't want his food in front of me. Finally, free hardbook Zelda strategy guide worth over $50. Good week indeed.

Saw the Wario tweet and got the BotW Guide. For Audio Books I got Dan Browns new one even though I didnt like his last one.

Any other suggestions for good Audio books?

snap

Banned
Ended up with Nausicaa. Had a hard time deciding but in the end I prefer to read comics on my Surface and books on my Kindle, and don't think just getting a book to keep on a coffee table is worth it. I decided to get something I can keep just to have in case it ever goes out of print (I'm not sure Nausicaa even has a digital version).

Using all my accounts I got 3 book sets of Pokemon Adventures manga and the Nausicaa box set along with something for my friend. Today was a good day.

DeathPeak

I only ever got the "welcome to audible" e-mail. Never anything that said a credit would be applied. :( I hope it comes in the morning or something. Nothing shows up with the banner and I should qualify.

Top Bottom