• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's Prime Day! Post deals and hauls!

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
It's that time of the year again when we overwork those poor warehouse employees to save some money on a crappy tablet that'll last a year.

What are you picking up? There are some good deals on movies. BR 2049 is down to 10 bucks on 4k

There's a beautiful Hardcover of LOTR on sale for 30 if you somehow don't own a copy

If you have a credit card through amazon they're also offering increased cashback. Pay off credit card debt? What's that?

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
upload black and white GIF

Also, probably buying the Alexa thing for the car. Looks cool (y)

Last edited:

Lady Jane

Banned
Prime is a ripoff. It was good when it first started, the fast shipping was always honored. Now half the time I use it, it still ships in the timeframe as the non-Prime shipping option. Why would I pay Amazon money to specifically get items faster when they can't do just that? I've even seen people defend this "But they can't control that!" That's not my problem. I'm not the one offering a service claiming that I can get it there faster. Then they added Amazon music, pictures, movies, and what have you to their service, things I never asked for (and they all suck compared to their competition). They use this to justify the price bump. Also Prime Day is hilarioiusly bad.

Besides, if I need an item right now, I go to a brick-and-mortar. I can't remember the last time I ordered something off Amazon and I was stressed to get it asap. Prime is like Netflix. A service that used to be good and is still riding off that reputation despite it no longer having value.

Last edited:

Meicyn

Gold Member
Bose headphones are around 30% off. Interestingly enough, the wireless gamer versions of their headphones were listed on sale but aren’t attached to prime, so I ordered a set for the spouse. Gonna take like, three weeks to get here but I’m patient.

Last edited:
I saved some items I wanted before the promotion to check how much I could save, 1 was more expensive than it was yesterday. Other than that, no real promo for me.

This prime day is garbage.

GymWolf

Prime is a ripoff. It was good when it first started, the fast shipping was always honored. Now half the time I use it, it still ships in the timeframe as the non-Prime shipping option. Why would I pay Amazon money to specifically get items faster when they can't do just that? I've even seen people defend this "But they can't control that!" That's not my problem. I'm not the one offering a service claiming that I can get it there faster. Then they added Amazon music, pictures, movies, and what have you to their service, things I never asked for (and they all suck compared to their competition). They use this to justify the price bump. Also Prime Day is hilarioiusly bad.

Besides, if I need an item right now, I go to a brick-and-mortar anyway. I can't remember the last time I ordered something off Amazon and I was stressed to get it asap. Prime is like Netflix. A service that used to be good and is still riding off that reputation despite it no longer having value.
Are you me?

Mossybrew

They've been hyping this up for an entire week with ads on TV and everything, and then you look at the actual deals and it's just diapers and soap. I don't think I've ever bought any kind of Prime day deal.

Same, it's all crap. And I regularly order random stuff from Amazon a couple times a month, never found anything worth it on Prime Days.

Lady Jane

Banned
Are you me?

Everyone I've had this discussion with has had a similar experience with Prime and you can see them "wake up" and realize that they don't utilize Prime at all. It's like Amazon wants people to forget that you can use their site for free.

Last edited:

Little Mac

finally got an air fryer

Same. The small Instant 2QT Mini one for $45 after taxes. Also bought some Vega Sport protein powder that I regularly get for 12 bucks off, and bought an Under Armor shirt. Spent roughly 90 bucks total. Maybe saved $20-25 bucks on stuff I buy regularly. Nothing amazeballs this year.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Got their "buy a $50 amazon gift card, get $12.50 in credit" deal. Applied the gift card balance to a $50 game I had pre-ordered.

GymWolf

I'm tempted to buy some pc parts for the imminent upgrade...but i don't really know how imminent is gonna be so maybe it's better if i wait...

• Empathy
Reactions: Gp1

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Does it get applied immediately? So you're basically getting $72.50 for $50?
You get the $50 pretty quickly - you can specify an email that it gets sent to (do the "send a gift" thing and enter an email, don't just reload your own balance, or it won't work). Then you'll get $12.50 in credit "within two days".

Also, sadly, only one promotion per account.

Last edited:

Besides, if I need an item right now, I go to a brick-and-mortar. I can't remember the last time I ordered something off Amazon and I was stressed to get it asap. Prime is like Netflix. A service that used to be good and is still riding off that reputation despite it no longer having value.
Not sure where you live, but 99% of my stuff is either same day or next day shipping

I snagged a Sony OLED for 1600 last year.

This year, I'm only really looking for things that I was already looking to buy to see if they are discounted. I got a 12 pack of solar fence lights for $96.

Yup, I'm old.

Last edited:
It was in New Orleans. I live in Vegas now but I haven’t paid for Prime in three years. Saved $360 just by not sitting on orders so I don’t need to worry about shipping dates.
You can share it with a total of 3 households. I pay for it for my parents and sibling. It’s only $100 something a year which is basically one nice dinner out. And I get to share it with my family.

I might get rid of it I was broke

Lady Jane

Banned
You can share it with a total of 3 households. I pay for it for my parents and sibling. It’s only $100 something a year which is basically one nice dinner out. And I get to share it with my family.

I might get rid of it I was broke

I can afford it all well and good but that doesn’t mean it’s good to waste money. If you’re never in need to get a package asap then Prime isn’t being utilized. The last things I’ve ordered was an electric toothbrush, a kid toy, and a workout band. I understand if Prime is worth the $120/year for you but I find it silly for me to pay that every year so I can get those items 1-2 days early is all.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I was always super curious about the air fryer, my sister got a small one but the result even after following the instructions is far from real fried food, or maybe the small ones are just crap.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I might order some protein powder. A lot is 30% off.

That's probably it. Shit service. I just use my girlfriend's like once every 2 years. Haven't bought anything on Amazon in a while.

GymWolf

There is a corsair rm1000x gold plus in offer, is this thing any good for a future upgrade?

And is 149 dollars a good price?

Top Bottom