• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's Prime Day! Post deals and hauls!

Pagusas

Elden Member
There is a corsair rm1000x gold plus in offer, is this thing any good for a future upgrade?

And is 149 dollars a good price?
Its a great PSU brand, though I prefer Seasonic. The only issue I have with the rm1000 is its size, it doesnt need to be as large as it is. The Seasonic Focus 1000 (SSR-1000FX) is better, smaller and quieter. ( I care about PSU size as I build in 30L or less size cases, so every cm matters)

Last edited:

GymWolf

Its a great PSU brand, though I prefer Seasonic. The only issue I have with the rm1000 is its size, it doesnt need to be as large as it is. The Seasonic Focus 1000 (SSR-1000FX) is better, smaller and quieter. ( I care about PSU size as I build in 30L or less size cases, so every cm matters)
appu-appu-rajosh.gif

I'm gonna use a big ass case for the new upgrade because if the new cpu and gpu get hotter than sun i need more space inside, so space is not really a problem.

Stay connected because i'm probably gonna ask advice for a case in discount aswell :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Usually, what is the price for a quality case? and what are the best brands? is corsair any good?

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
appu-appu-rajosh.gif

I'm gonna use a big ass case for the new upgrade because if the new cpu and gpu get hotter than sun i need more space inside, so space is not really a problem.

Stay connected because i'm probably gonna ask advice for a case in discount aswell :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Usually, what is the price for a quality case? and what are the best brands? is corsair any good?

If you want a big case, with style, thats well-loved in the community with great thermals, look at the o11 Dynamic line from Lian Li. Otherwise the Fractal Torrent is well loved. If you want to go a big Corsair case the 400 and 500d are both good. Jonsbo makes amazing cases lately too, I just finished the most beautiful i100 pro build.

Last edited:

GymWolf

If you want a big case, with style, thats well-loved in the community with great thermals, look at the o11 Dynamic line from Lian Li. Otherwise the Fractal Torrent is well loved. If you want to go a big Corsair case the 400 and 500d are both good. Jonsbo makes amazing cases lately too, I just finished the most beautiful i100 pro build.
Big case are full tower right? or mid tower are good aswell?

I kinda don't wanna spend more than 100-120 dollars...

Pagusas

Elden Member
Big case are full tower right? or mid tower are good aswell?

I kinda don't wanna spend more than 100-120 dollars...
Big cases are full towers, yes. I personally think their time has passed. I love my ITX cases (small form factor, sub 20 and sub 30ml cases). Mid towers are good and will fit anything you could want in todays world in them now that multigpu is a thing of the past.

This is the perfect mid tower case to me: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09DS37Y11/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Last edited:

GymWolf

Big cases are full towers, yes. I personally think their time has passed. I love my ITX cases (small form factor, sub 20 and sub 30ml cases). Mid towers are good and will fit anything you could want in todays world in them now that multigpu is a thing of the past.
Best of the best mid tower in your opinion? (and maybe a second choice if you want)

Last edited:

GymWolf

air cooling or water cooling? Always start knowing what CPU cooler and GPU size you need, then pick your case.
I'm probably gonna go with a 4000 series, a 12 gen intel or the respective counterpart from amd, 32 gb of ddr5, 2 ssd and no water cooling and absolutely no overclock.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I'm probably gonna go with a 4000 series, a 12 gen intel or the respective counterpart from amd, 32 gb of ddr5, 2 ssd and no water cooling and absolutely no overclock.

1. 011 Mini Air -$110 - easiest case to work with ever, super easy to hide wires thanks to the back placement of the PSU. Only flaw is the PSU size is limited im terms of length. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09DS37Y11/?tag=neogaf0e-20

2. Fractal Torrent - $143 - Amazing thermals, great look in person, very uniqe. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KTN2D3C/?tag=neogaf0e-20

3. Corsair 400D - $94 - traditional case but pretty, lots of mods you can make for it too to spruce it up. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08C7BGV3D/?tag=neogaf0e-20

GymWolf

1. 011 Mini Air -$110 - easiest case to work with ever, super easy to hide wires thanks to the back placement of the PSU. Only flaw is the PSU size is limited im terms of length. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09DS37Y11/?tag=neogaf0e-20

2. Fractal Torrent - $143 - Amazing thermals, great look in person, very uniqe. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KTN2D3C/?tag=neogaf0e-20

3. Corsair 400D - $94 - traditional case but pretty, lots of mods you can make for it too to spruce it up. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08C7BGV3D/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Just for the record, i'm not gonna build my pc, i'm gonna pay someone to build it for me with the pieces i buy, so being easy to deal with it's not really a problem for me.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Just for the record, i'm not gonna build my pc, i'm gonna pay someone to build it for me with the pieces i buy, so being easy to deal with it's not really a problem for me.
Oh well that changes things then. I'd probably to with the Fractal Torrent then, as long as the right parts are put into it its a thermal beast, its fun to look at, and built with quality.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I will say if someone else is doing it for you, why not try a AIO or water build, they are fun to look at and have. I just finished this guy about 2 minutes ago:

Ng0B3sF.jpg

b8EVAgJ.jpg

ULjn9yN.jpg

GymWolf

Oh well that changes things then. I'd probably to with the Fractal Torrent then, as long as the right parts are put into it its a thermal beast, its fun to look at, and built with quality.
I guess this one doesn't have space problem for gigantic gpus or gargantuan noctua air coolers for the cpu, right?

This was mostly the reason why i was searching for a full tower.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I will say if someone else is doing it for you, why not try a AIO or water build, they are fun to look at and have. I just finished this guy about 2 minutes ago:

Ng0B3sF.jpg

b8EVAgJ.jpg

ULjn9yN.jpg
Never cared about looking at my pc and since i don't overclock nothing i always thought that air cooling was enough.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Bought the LEGO Grogu/Mando Brickheadz set
XSX Quarry lightning deal
Did the $50 gift card deal and topped off my GP Ultimate.

nani17

are in a big trouble
Considering buying a ROG Swift PG279QM monitor. At the moment I have an Acer predator 27" 1440p 144hz and I've been thinking of having a two-monitor setup. Not 100% sure yes but it has been on my mind

Pagusas

Elden Member
Wtf is that monstruosity? :lollipop_squinting:

This one in the pic is the model of your link right, the mid tower.
Thats the torrent compact (mid tower) opened up to see how its setup

71Ln77WZAOL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

mitch1971

Prime is a ripoff. It was good when it first started, the fast shipping was always honored. Now half the time I use it, it still ships in the timeframe as the non-Prime shipping option. Why would I pay Amazon money to specifically get items faster when they can't do just that? I've even seen people defend this "But they can't control that!" That's not my problem. I'm not the one offering a service claiming that I can get it there faster. Then they added Amazon music, pictures, movies, and what have you to their service, things I never asked for (and they all suck compared to their competition). They use this to justify the price bump. Also Prime Day is hilarioiusly bad.
I always get delivery with prime the next day. My sister and I share prime delivery and we get most of our stuff from Amazon, cause it's cheaper. In the UK you can get a range of items in an hour in certain parts of the country. I assume you maybe from the states which is a lot large area than the uk.

Pagusas

Elden Member

Pagusas

Elden Member
No risk of overheating or being a bit on the slow side?
Nope, when you get past a certain point you are in the 98% of performance, and gains cost exponentially more. You are right at the begining of that edge:

relative-performance-games-38410-2160.png

As for heat, as you arent dealing with extra voltage on the memory, not overclocking, you are going to be fine. Memory heat spreaders these days are 90% for looks (when not dealing with overclocking).

Last edited:
I always get delivery with prime the next day. My sister and I share prime delivery and we get most of our stuff from Amazon, cause it's cheaper. In the UK you can get a range of items in an hour in certain parts of the country. I assume you maybe from the states which is a lot large area than the uk.
It seems like it varies a lot in the US. I live in Los Angeles and get either same day or next day 99.999999% of the time.
Just got approved for both Amazon credit cards and was gifted $350 in gift cards

Snagged myself a Switch OLED

Just paid the $20 in tax

Doubt I'll use the cards. No annual fees either way 🤷🏿‍♀️
amazon CC is free money

No annual fee and 5% back (plus various other perks such as targeted offers/promotions)

This is of course assuming you don’t carry a balance

Last edited:
I might order some protein powder. A lot is 30% off.

That's probably it. Shit service. I just use my girlfriend's like once every 2 years. Haven't bought anything on Amazon in a while.
I think I have gotten at least 5 pounds of protein powder every single Prime day so far. Every year it is super cheap.

amazon CC is free money

No annual fee and 5% back (plus various other perks such as targeted offers/promotions)

This is of course assuming you don’t carry a balance
Yeah and the extra 2% back nearly pays for Prime itself depending on how much you spend in a year. Honestly the 2% plus $60 Twitch subs plus any Prime specific deals through the year easily pay for the membership alone, and that doesn't even count any of the other benefits.

Blade2.0

I'm seriously thinking about getting the smart alexa glasses. I have been wearing the pair I have on for about 6+ years now. Plus I can use them to listen to stuff at work without people knowing what I'm doing. They're going for 99. Usually 249. But at the same time I'd also need to get lenses for them so that another 100 or so on top (why are lenses so much fucking money. Ugh)

TylerD

I watch some of his stuff but his advice is like personal finance for dummies. His view on credit cards is laughably out of touch if you have a modicum of self-control. I use my credit cards to pay for everything that doesn't require an additional fee to pay using a credit card and there are a lot of benefits.

DJI Action 2 "action cam" dual screen bundle at $299 is a crazy good deal for Prime Day. It was $519 when I bought the power combo for $279 last month.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09WCH6CK5/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Just the free games so far. We were planning on moving right away but our buyer bailed at the 11h hour today. I’m pretty sour.

Any audible deals?

Last edited:

Rival

Gold Member
I had an Amazon credit for $50 so I used that to buy a bestbuy e-gift card then used $15 worth of Best Buy rewards to get a second 2tb 980 pro for my pc which was on sale for $209.99 today. I also bought the complete cowboy bebop on prime video for $3.99. I also reloaded my Amazon account for $50 so I’ll have another $12.50 coming into my account. I also snagged all the prime free games. Been wanting to get mass effect for quite a while so that was nice.

Last edited:
I got Mario and ring fit adventure instead

These games are too expensive

Gross lol
make deal alerts at slickdeals.net for switch games

I don’t pay over $40 for any. They do go on sale, despite what some people think. I’ve never paid msrp for a switch game and I have a lot, all physical

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Cyberpunkd

Regarding Prime delivery - I was also surprised how many Prime items get delivered 3 days later, kinda defeats the purpose. I like not having to buy 25€ worth of stuff for free shipping though.

Regarding deals - if I waited one month I could have gotten Forerunner 245 Music for what I paid for Forerunner 55, but I am not convinced to the benefits, I kinda like having 30-60 minutes to myself while I run and not being stimulated all the time.

SpiceRacz

Just got approved for both Amazon credit cards and was gifted $350 in gift cards

Snagged myself a Switch OLED

Just paid the $20 in tax

Doubt I'll use the cards. No annual fees either way 🤷🏿‍♀️

I didn't even know about this til you mentioned it. Easily the best Prime Day deal. Got the $350 and using towards a Titan Reverse Hyperextension.

Top Bottom