• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Deal: Sign-up For 30-Day Audible Trial and Get 3 Free Books

Falchion

I went on Amazon support since I should be qualified and they said I should get a confirmation email in the next few days. If you meet the criteria and it isn't working, go through them.

Credo

I haven't been able to get the physical book promo to apply to anything, and I meet all the criteria. I'm on live chat with an Amazon rep right now who says she's unable to locate any details about the promo. Don't really know what to do at this point other than get the 2 audio books and cancel.

Spacebar

I haven't been able to get the physical book promo to apply to anything, and I meet all the criteria. I'm on live chat with an Amazon rep right now who says she's unable to locate any details about the promo. Don't really know what to do at this point other than get the 2 audio books and cancel.

Looks like Amazon took down the promotion page. I think they're only giving 2 free audible books now. It does say on my email in the fine print "while supplies last".

I'm confused at anyone who tried to get the book after signing up for Audible. The process was that you find a book you wanted, look for the Audible promotional banner above it (which verified that, yes, this book is eligible), and then click on the banner, which allowed you to "buy" the book and sign up for the free trial right then and there.

MrDaravon

My free book already showed up today. God bless you wario64.

1tYxGXx.jpg

Ovid

I'm confused at anyone who tried to get the book after signing up for Audible. The process was that you find a book you wanted, look for the Audible promotional banner above it (which verified that, yes, this book is eligible), and then click on the banner, which allowed you to "buy" the book and sign up for the free trial right then and there.
Kinda sorta.

I used the banner to sign up for the promotion BUT I was able to get any book I wanted (less than or equal to $50). The banner above the book you wanted to purchase wasn't required.

I signed up on Saturday night and I decided on what book to purchase the next morning.

BTW, my book shipped this afternoon.

Kinda sorta.

I used the banner to sign up for the promotion BUT I was able to get any book I wanted (less than or equal to $50). The banner above the book you wanted to purchase wasn't required.

BTW, my book shipped this afternoon.
Wish I had known that - I was eyeing another book that seemingly wasn't eligible. Still, I'm very happy with the one I got (see above) - it's absolutely beautiful.

TheeDanielJ

Neo Member
My copy of Nausicca just shipped (I went with free shipping) and will arrive Friday.

I still need to pick out my free audio books and my free Marvel digital comic.

Chesskid1

Banned
Nej0DuZ.jpg

sweet, got scott pilgrim, was deciding between that and that death note all in one.

hopefully i'll read it one day, people seem to like it.

EloNoolah

Is it typical for stuff that ends up being free through offers like this to arrive damaged or for Amazon to prioritize items that have already been damaged before shipping them out? I got the Agents of SHIELD S1 artbook and Zelda manga box set through this offer today and the artbook has a big slice through the slipcover while the box set is badly dinged up in one corner and I'm assuming the book in that corner suffered the same fate. I'd like to exchange the two of them but I'm not sure if that's something that's frowned upon when it comes to items that weren't actually "paid for" to begin with.

Hydrus

Just now?

Yes. It's the World of Ice and Fire book. Not the actual story books.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0553805444/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Is it typical for stuff that ends up being free through offers like this to arrive damaged or for Amazon to prioritize items that have already been damaged before shipping them out? I got the Agents of SHIELD S1 artbook and Zelda manga box set through this offer today and the artbook has a big slice through the slipcover while the box set is badly dinged up in one corner and I'm assuming the book in that corner suffered the same fate. I'd like to exchange the two of them but I'm not sure if that's something that's frowned upon when it comes to items that weren't actually "paid for" to begin with.

They packed the hell out of my book. Never received an item from Amazon this well packaged. The book is in perfect shape. Maybe something happened during the packaging process for your stuff.

Ovid

Haha, just exchange the book.

Amazon is a corporation not an actual person. Frowned upon lol.

Hydrus

How long did it take for some of you to get the promotion?

? It's immediate. Just pick a book and go to the checkout page. It should appear and you pay nothing. Have to pick a book that qualifies for it though. You should also have two credits for audible.

? It's immediate. Just pick a book and go to the checkout page. It should appear and you pay nothing. Have to pick a book that qualifies for it though. You should also have two credits for audible.

Nothing, and they only gave me 1 credit. I bought 2 physical book between 6 months.

pariah164

Aaand my book isn't coming until next week because I am a cheap bitch and opted for free shipping. Glad other people are getting theirs tho.

Just chat with a rep. So basically, it is a known bug that they are trying to work out. Just sign up for the free trial -> talk to a rep -> ... -> they will give u the code for 50$ free book -> profit.

Just chat with a rep. So basically, it is a known bug that they are trying to work out. Just sign up for the free trial -> talk to a rep -> ... -> they will give u the code for 50$ free book -> profit.
I just chatted with a rep. I signed up for the standard trial and they said I would be receiving the credit by email within 24 hours. We will see if it actually works...

Anybody else still getting this when they check their membership to cancel? I was hoping it woild eventually fix itself so I didn't have to waste time contacting them.

You're not currently a member, but we hope you'll reconsider.
Thanks for being a listener since: 10-15-17

Smidget

Anybody else still getting this when they check their membership to cancel? I was hoping it woild eventually fix itself so I didn't have to waste time contacting them.

Yep, same exact problem here. Post on CAG says have to chat with customer rep to cancel. What a pain.

RMI

Banned
Chatting with Amazon reps paid off. They sent me my code today.

it seems like the deal is dead now though, since the promotion link goes nowhere but to a blank page.

Eila

Can I just buy two cheap books to get on this deal? I've never bought books on amazon before cuz MURICA.

Salarians

fwiw I was able to get in on this despite almost never using my Amazon account, I certainly haven't bought any books on there recently

CazTGG

Can I just buy two cheap books to get on this deal? I've never bought books on amazon before cuz MURICA.

Nope, it's for a single item up to $50 USD*.

*Depending on the product, you might be able to get a book that's more expensive like people here have with The Planetary Omnibus.

Salarians

What exactly did you do? I want to use my friends account to get some comics...
That was more directed to the poster above me. You could try buying some books now and asking customer service, but I don't think it'd work. For me, despite not fulfilling the supposed criteria, I got a banner showing this deal on the item page of a book. But that was back when Wario64 first shared it.

Top Bottom