• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon.co.jp is now offering international shipping for games and consoles

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Ugh, I tried with Picross 3D 2 and it says no to my address.

kagamin

Yeah when I went to checkout said couldn't be shipped even though it says it's from Amazon JP and it's not a fulfilled order.

Damn that's a little disappointing because I wanted to play those, well at least I could preorder Project Diva X...

Link_enfant

3ds%2Bfull.jpg

Yes, I want to order this so bad and I'm afraid it won't ever be released in US or Europe. :(

LiK

I hope the JP first press has nice outer cover. Also I was going to but canned it when I remembered it would be with Japanese text only.

yea, good luck to importers trying to figure out all the item descriptions without knowing Japanese. i'll wait as well.

dolabla

HfRb2QB.jpg

My shiny new neon orange Vita 2000 arrived today.

It took just three days to arrive from Japan to Australia. $220 AUD in total.

Would have set me back $320 on Play-Asia.

Fucking insane.

Post pics of this thing!

My Neon Orange Vita won't arrive until next month because one of the items in the order (the Hori case) is on backorder and stock won't arrive until next month. I got some screen Hori screen protectors with it as well. They were a little over $4 USD a piece. Cheaper there than here in the US.

I might get the Vita you guys got. it'll be a good backup in case my OG one dies for whatever reason.

Yea this model is great. I love the matte finish. I have the blue one but the HK version.

I just ordered an artbook from amazon jp. if this works out well , ill get a game next.

baconcow

Just ordered Puyo Puyo Tetris PS4 (bargain edition), yesterday. My wife and I have it on PS Vita, but local play is sketchy at best and usually disconnects. It's already in the USA enroute to Canada but it ran into the following with DHL:

"Entry is rejected by Customs Authorities. Entry will be corrected and resubmitted. A DHL representative shall attempt to contact the importer or shipper if further information is required."

Hope it doesn't become too delayed. From what I can see, the description is: "DLC Video Games Item - New (co".

Edit: Seems back on track!

Stalk

Don't have a picture but the amount of packaging used to ship the vita game I ordered is hilarious to me. Like an a3 sized board with it vacuum sealed inside, on the base there is a comment about using less packaging as well I think haha

Aces&Eights

yea, good luck to importers trying to figure out all the item descriptions without knowing Japanese. i'll wait as well.

There's already translated screen shots of stat screen, character creation and npc conversations on reddit.

Slight inconvenience of having my laptop open while I play DS3 3 weeks early totally worth it.

Plus, I might learn a little Japanese.

Needlecrash

I hope the JP first press has nice outer cover. Also I was going to but canned it when I remembered it would be with Japanese text only.

I though the same thing with my Japanese Volcanic Edition of Street Fighter V. It was all in English. Let's see if I can get some English text in the Japanese version.

Don't have a picture but the amount of packaging used to ship the vita game I ordered is hilarious to me. Like an a3 sized board with it vacuum sealed inside, on the base there is a comment about using less packaging as well I think haha

They do that for everything. I've gotten single CDs and books with that exact packaging. :p

Chairhome

Just ordered Puyo Puyo Tetris PS4 (bargain edition), yesterday. My wife and I have it on PS Vita, but local play is sketchy at best and usually disconnects. It's already in the USA enroute to Canada but it ran into the following with DHL:

"Entry is rejected by Customs Authorities. Entry will be corrected and resubmitted. A DHL representative shall attempt to contact the importer or shipper if further information is required."

Hope it doesn't become too delayed. From what I can see, the description is: "DLC Video Games Item - New (co".

Edit: Seems back on track!
The console version is great. I have friends come over for some local play of the XBO version, and we love it.

The Google translate app works pretty well sometimes. You take a picture of the screen and highlight the Kanji, it will give you a rough translation that may be good enough for importers.

LiK

The console version is great. I have friends come over for some local play of the XBO version, and we love it.

The Google translate app works pretty well sometimes. You take a picture of the screen and highlight the Kanji, it will give you a rough translation that may be good enough for importers.

I keep forgetting I have that app. I should test it out with some imports I have lying around.

Reversed

Holy moly at that price difference. Play-asia am cry.

I keep forgetting I have that app. I should test it out with some imports I have lying around.

If the OCR doesn't detect it, you could always draw the kanji on the app. jisho.org has that same functionality, too.

Just ordered Puyo Puyo Tetris off amazon.co.jp for cheaper than it is on amazon.com, even with shipping included :O

It felt nostalgic opening my old amazon.co.jp account. It had been so long that I had completely forgot the password. Looking forward to importing more in the future!

4 hours zoll is my usual experience. including "nice" zoll beamte who comment on everything you import. I'm with you.

My record is 15 minutes at the Zoll, because they already know me and the question is always the same: "The usual?" - "Yes, like always!"
I don't have to open my Pakete anymore.

Does Amazon JP* not charge you if you pre-order internationally even for games?

Them using DHL only is shit ass, but I might try it.

*Amazon itself, not marketplace sellers.

I though the same thing with my Japanese Volcanic Edition of Street Fighter V. It was all in English. Let's see if I can get some English text in the Japanese version.

I went by what happened with my copy of Bloodborne old hunters edition (sony not from/namco publishing but still) and what I read about scholar of the first sin JP first press. Either way good luck. I hope this works out for people as I know many importing it.

Impotaku

I always used to buy "soda" flavoured candy with my orders on Play-Asia years ago and it's the best thing ever, but I can't find anything on amazon JP :(

There's tons of it on Amazon, have ordered loads of food and dagashi in the past from them. The highlight was probably a box of 300 umibo hehe, man those things are soo good.

I'm assuming you want ramune flavoured sweets?

Here's all the ramune ones
http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb...verage&field-keywords=ラムネ&sprefix=ラムネ,aps,302

There's tons of it on Amazon, have ordered loads of food and dagashi in the past from them. The highlight was probably a box of 300 umibo hehe, man those things are soo good.

I'm assuming you want ramune flavoured sweets?

Here's all the ramune ones
http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb...verage&field-keywords=ラムネ&sprefix=ラムネ,aps,302

my amazon JP searching needs some work! For some reason Play Asia always called them Soda but I think you're right. These look pretty close

Fake edit:
Actually I'm pretty sure I ate these

Impotaku

my amazon JP searching needs some work! For some reason Play Asia always called them Soda but I think you're right. These look pretty close

Fake edit:
Actually I'm pretty sure I ate these

Technically they can be called either name, there are sweets on there called soda flavour that are still ramune flavour they are both the same thing.

The thing with ordering sweets on Amazon is you can't order single packs for the most part, if you want something it will usually be in a factory outer of 10 packs or maybe more. Although the price you do pay is still cheaper than those online shops that sell nothing but imported sweets.

I do love it for dagashi though, the kind of things you never find online. Weird little Japanese sweets that are virtually unheard of outside Japan.

tiijj

Does amazon jp directly ship food stuff? I'm trying to look for some unusual/weird candies/chocolates but I can't find any that ship internationally.

Impotaku

Does amazon jp directly ship food stuff? I'm trying to look for some unusual/weird candies/chocolates but I can't find any that ship internationally.

Pretty sure you'd have to do it by tenso, with foods there comes a whole new set of import restrictions that even tenso won't deal with. Had to email customer support a few times before ordering something to find out if it was ok to get, they have a list but it doesn't cover everything.

If you are looking for weird sweets, use dagashi on Amazon it will find crazy amounts.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=sr_kk_1?rh=i:aps,k:駄菓子&keywords=駄菓子&ie=UTF8&qid=1458049463

Been many a time i have ordered full cases of nerunerunerune, the soda flavour one is soo good, so is the melon but that one only appears every year or so.

BHK3

Banned
Saw this thread sunday evening and decided to buy Puyo on a whim.

IT ALREADY CAME TODAY WHAT THE HELL
2141905794.jpg

Shipping was only like $7 for a total of $33 for it. They even packaged the game differently, the bottom of the plastic the case was in had a little tab you could pull and just slide the plastic shell off. I'm already loving every bit of this :D

LiK

looks like delivery was changed to tomorrow.

Edit: dammit, missed my package. Took a nap cuz I wasn't feeling well and missed the doorbell.

Top Bottom