• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon.de PS4 pre-order bonus: buy 2 games, get 1 free

Cess007

If the deal comes to Amazon USA i might finally give another try to Assassins Creed and Fifa, only to get my free Killzone: SF!

I already preordered Driveclub for 20 € months ago. I'm going to preorder NFS and AC4...now I have to decide between Knack and Killzone.

slider

Heh, I've preordered all those "free" games. Anyway, hoping Amazon UK do this too and allow some flexibility in juggling the titles around.

Eirulan

Any german already got their coupon code emailed? Have two pre-orders and none. I have been waiting for this deal for days, at least it is still coming.

This means free BF4 for me. Was already getting Fifa and Knack anyway. People say they don't understand people who buy at launch but there are always great deals going on. Already getting Drive Club for only €20 and now another game for free.

Still waiting for my e-mail too...
Pre-ordered after E3.

MrGlass

If any of these were split screen/co-op (apart from FIFA) i might have thought about it. Still trying to work out what to use the second controller with.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Any german already got their coupon code emailed? Have two pre-orders and none. I have been waiting for this deal for days, at least it is still coming.

Nope. Have a PS4 pre-orederd since May, as well as Killzone, Knack, Driveclub and BF4 (and Watch_Dogs...). Haven't gotten any mail yet.

KeRaSh

Got my code earlier and chatted with Amazon.de customer support.
I preordered AC4 with my PS4 (well, I let another CS person add it after I placed the order) and the lady now told me that she is unable to cancel the AC4 part of my PS4 pre order. This means I would have to place a new order to redeem the code which means I'd basically pay for 3 games to get one free or I'd have to send a second copy of AC4 back to get a refund for that.

I'm not happy with either of those options since I hate having to deal with sending stuff back and I was planning on selling the free copy of KZ SF to a friend which would give me a NFS Rivals copy for 10€ more than I'd pay for AC4 anyways.

Thanks for fucking nothing Amazon...

/edit

Well, I was able to cancel AC4 manually without touching the PS4 pre order (still says I'm getting it on launch day). Not sure why the CS lady was unable to do it.
Will place a new order with the coupon!

Got my code earlier and chatted with Amazon.de customer support.
I preordered AC4 with my PS4 (well, I let another CS person add it after I placed the order) and the lady now told me that she is unable to cancel the AC4 part of my PS4 pre order. This means I would have to place a new order to redeem the code which means I'd basically pay for 3 games to get one free or I'd have to send a second copy of AC4 back to get a refund for that.

I'm not happy with either of those options since I hate having to deal with sending stuff back and I was planning on selling the free copy of KZ SF to a friend which would give me a NFS Rivals copy for 10€ more than I'd pay for AC4 anyways.

Thanks for fucking nothing Amazon...

Sending games back to Amazon is remarkably convenient imo, in the UK at least

DBT85

If amazon UK did this then since I already have KZ in my bundle, I'd take AssCreed, BF/NFS and then Knack as the freebie.

I'm shit at shooters on consoles in general so I'm not sure buying both KZ and BF is a great idea, but BF does look like fun.

I'm also happy that my PS4 pre order is the only thing in that order. So I can change anything else as I like without having to worry about t.

KeRaSh

Sending games back to Amazon is remarkably convenient imo, in the UK at least

I know but I'm at a conference from morning until evening the week before and after launch. AC4 comes out a week before the PS4 does and since the post office is closed by the time I come home the sealed copy would be sitting at home for two whole weeks before I could deal with it. Not an ideal situation but see my edit above.
I was able to manually cancel AC4 without losing my PS4 pre order slot. :)

I know but I'm at a conference from morning until evening the week before and after launch. AC4 comes out a week before the PS4 does and since the post office is closed by the time I come home the sealed copy would be sitting at home for two whole weeks before I could deal with it. Not an ideal situation but see my edit above.
I was able to manually cancel AC4 without losing my PS4 pre order slot. :)

All's well that ends well :p

SiRatul

Didn't get my code yet even though I have preordered since E3. Not sure If I'll jump on it though. Somehow reluctant about spending 140€ at once for three games from which only two are a must have for me on day one.
If amazon uk did this than I would go for it but my PS4 preorder isn't with them so probably not happening.

KeRaSh

Just went through with it. Friend is giving me the money for Killzone SF and I would have ordered AC4 anyways so I basically got Need For Speed Rivals for 10€ (it was the LE steel case, which I actually hate).

Shady859

Another vote for come on Amazon.com I rather get games delivered from them along with my console versus setting foot in Target.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Dear Seller,

Thank you for writing to us.

I truly appreciate your tryst with Amazon by far as a loyal Amazon customer over the years. We appreciate and would love to have your business when there is currently a lot of talk on various websites concerning this deal and you are likely to expect that many of your potential customers will take advantage of this deal at Target. Nevertheless, currently, promotions are not supported for the selling plan that you are entitled to. In order for you to avail promotions, you will have to enroll to become a professional seller with us.

We would have loved to see to avail promotions and flourish in your business but please understand that promotions are not compatible with your selling plan.
Promotion messaging is not displayed on the search or detail pages of your selling plan. For the category, setting a sale price is the best way to promote your products.

I hope this information essentially helps.

Have a blessed day!

Amazon is confused. I definitely don't have a seller account. For some reason they think I'm requesting to sell something. This is the response I got over email. Well that didn't work.

Got a code aswell and bought AC4, BF4 and Knack - 47€/each is a good price. Cheapest for BF4 I found was 61€ from UK which takes a few days more until I get it.

Didn't saw this thread and posted it in the Cheap Arse thread aswell.

Remember to use the AC4 Deal as well and combine it with the 3 for 2. Don't get the AC4 from the 3 for 2 deal.

What do you mean by that?

Edit: This? http://www.amazon.de/gp/feature.htm...rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=437512947&pf_rd_i=B00DCTIU62

Edit 2: According to Amazon you can't combine both offers - it is either 3 for 2 or AC4 + preorder bonus even though they did not specify this on their page. At least that is what I have been told after (read it too late) I ordered.

KeRaSh

Remember to use the AC4 Deal as well and combine it with the 3 for 2. Don't get the AC4 from the 3 for 2 deal.

I just remembered that I got the AC4 pre order box from my initial AC4 pre order which I canceled today to place a new order for the 3 for 2 deal. I already recieved the pre order box. Hopefully they don't demand the box back... I don't want to scam them to get two. I just want to keep the one I have.
I didn't see the steelbox bonus. I said I hated steelboxes but this one looks pretty great.
Not sure if I'd get in trouble if I canceled my order again and tried to get the 3 for 2 deal AND the pre order box and the steel case...

/edit

Edit 2: According to Amazon you can't combine both offers - it is either 3 for 2 or AC4 + preorder bonus even though they did not specify this on their page. At least that is what I have been told after (read it too late) I ordered.

Interesting... Let's see if they realize that I got the pre order box for free before canceling the order to take advantage of the 3 for 2 deal.

I just remembered that I got the AC4 pre order box from my initial AC4 pre order which I canceled today to place a new order for the 3 for 2 deal. I already recieved the pre order box. Hopefully they don't demand the box back... I don't want to scam them to get two. I just want to keep the one I have.
I didn't see the steelbox bonus. I said I hated steelboxes but this one looks pretty great.
Not sure if I'd get in trouble if I canceled my order again and tried to get the 3 for 2 deal AND the pre order box and the steel case...

I wouldn't risk it - worst case you try again and it says "Code already redeemed". The only thing I can tell is that Amazon DE is getting less and less helpfull with each order compared to Amazon UK where I have the genuine feeling that they want to resolve my problems instead of "Sorry can't do nothing for you".

Kane1345

Just talked to Amazon UK and they said something similar "MIGHT appear before launch". So basically a non answer as expected. Ah well, all we can do is remain hopeful.

rafaelr

just chatted with amazon.de support, apparently you have to choose 3 different games. Wanted to order 2x BF + KZ:SF -> no DICE!

Xater

Took advantage of this and got me BF4, NFS and Killzone. Wasn't sure about getting NFS but if I get one game for free I am fine with it.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
the hell, why do you have to choose 2 from the do-not-want pool of games to get one of the do-want games. Not fair. Also yeah, 140 eurobucks for 2 meh-ish games and one good one doesn't sound like the deal of a lifetime to me after some thinking.
Nice deal for people who want the games though.

reminder

What do you mean by that?

Edit: This? http://www.amazon.de/gp/feature.htm...rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=437512947&pf_rd_i=B00DCTIU62

I have combined both offers without problems. First i put AC4 with the preorder box and steelbook into the cart, then i chose AC4, FIFA 14 and Knack as my games and removed one of the AC4 games from the cart again. I could order anything for the price of two games and it said i'd receive the AC4 preorder bonuses in a few days. Let's see what happens lol

I have combined both offers without problems. First i put AC4 with the preorder box and steelbook into the cart, then i chose AC4, FIFA 14 and Knack as my games and removed one of the AC4 games from the cart again. I could order anything for the price of two games and it said i'd receive the AC4 preorder bonuses in a few days. Let's see what happens lol

I do believe you and the system doesn't check for that kind of "problem" - also there is no notice that this shouldn't work but according to customer "support" it is impossible. After I said I am sure it will work and there is nothing that states the different Amazon support told "Well now you know. Goodbye".

Yaari

Bleh, I wish I had a pre-order on an Amazon site now. I'd be all over this. I guess there is no way to place an order (which they obviously can't deliver in reasonable time) and benefit from the offer.

Kinan

OK, I decided not to use this offer, so I can give away my code to a fellow gaffer which will be first to send me pm. :)

Lime

This offer doesn't make much sense when amazon.de haven't even confirmed the delivery of the console yet to anyone who has preordered it.

This offer doesn't make much sense when amazon.de haven't even confirmed the delivery of the console yet to anyone who has preordered it.

According to their homepage:

VORAUSSICHTLICHE LIEFERUNG Freitag 29. November 2013 - Montag 2. Dezember 2013

and in late August I got a email where Amazon could confirm the delievery date for my order form June:

VORAUSSICHTLICHE LIEFERUNG Freitag 29. November 2013 - Montag 2. Dezember 2013

They will send it out thursday night - since the postal service in Austria doesn't work on saturday I will get it on monday maybe tuesday.

EDIT: Anyone reccently (today) ordered Knack - I get a 14 - 17.12 delievery date for the game now.

Top Bottom