• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon delisted Dragon's Crown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravidrath

SorcererandAmazon.jpg

Oho, I guess the game is safe!

randomkid

haha so much panic, Shane probably knows what's up, did you guys miss his post? I'm pretty sure this is just an Amazon pricegrab after formalizing the hidden months long delisting, game'll be back up again at some point.

haha so much panic, Shane probably knows what's up, did you guys miss his post? I'm pretty sure this is just an Amazon pricegrab after formalizing the hidden months long delisting, game'll be back up again at some point.

Keep your preorder emails, folks. Force them to pricematch if that's the case.

I also hope it's not some "only PS3 version is canceled" thing like Gravity Daze.

Famassu

Sony should publish it and put it under the "buy 1 get both" program.
It already was one, basically. Both versions would've been 30$, so you could've gotten them both for the price of one PS3 game (or just one for half the price).

TreIII

phew, thanks for heads up. looks like it might just a publisher issue with NA, I guess.

I do agree with the notion that Atlus would probably be a better match. I wouldn't even mind paying more than the original listed price, if it meant Atlus would make for the usual preorder incentives.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
They had to delay it further to eliminate the sorceress and amazon and leave in the elf, the only (female) character of importance.

EYEL1NER

Damn. I haven't forgotten about this game and how much I want to pick up the PS3 version. But I always forget the name. Sure enough I saw the thread title and googled the game name, thinking 'That isn't that game I want, is it?'
Fuck...

mingus

What happened regarding GKH?

I wanna know this too! Although the wiki suggests that the fate of GKH and Dragon's Crown are very closely tied as far as NA localization goes.

XSEED Games announced in a September 2011 press release that they would be bringing Grand Knights History to North America the following winter.[2] The same month, Rising Star Games announced that they would also release an English version in Europe some time in the first quarter of 2012.[3] However, in a February 2012 forum post, XSEED Games translator Tom Lipschultz wrote that the game's English release was pushed back to an unspecified date due to the company, which has no in-house programmers,[13] having to send the translation to Vanillaware to code directly, who delayed production due to their heavy involvement in Dragon's Crown.[14]

Aselith

Contacted Amazon today and they honored my original order and adjusted the price on both games back to $29.99. Anyone who had a preorder, I would encourage you to email them as it seems like they're being stand up about the orders that were originally cancelled.

I had my original order number and the email they sent me for confirmation so that may make a difference but it's worth a shot even if you don't have that stuff.

DaBCGang

Neo Member
Maybe they just wanted to allocate some more time and resources into that HD Muramasa remake I wish they were doing.

Zeal

Banned
Please god do NOT let this fucking game get canceled. Not this one.

NO. NO. NO. NO.

Someone do something.

Aselith

Please god do NOT let this fucking game get canceled. Not this one.

NO. NO. NO. NO.

Someone do something.

I'm not sure if you're misinterpreting this but it was delisted a long time ago and then relisted under a new publisher. Preorders are back up under Atlus. I was just letting people know that Amazon honored my original price so that they could get the price adjustment done and get the games for 59.98 instead of 89.98.

Far as I know, development is currently on track to release next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom