• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon no longer selling Versus XIII?

Wynnebeck

Banned
Wait are we trying to refute Versus becoming XV in the face of telling circumstances and a mod strongly suggesting it happening?

Wait are we trying to refute Versus becoming XV in the face of telling circumstances and a mod strongly suggesting it happening?

it's obvious with Microsoft secretly buying off dev. any and all silent devs right now who does not speak about their games equates to them being bought and the game has gone xbone exclusive at this point.

Oh... Well, I guess that's... something. :|

Yeah, I suppose some money traded hands between the two since Versus was going to be PS3 exclusive in the first place. But even still, I have my doubts Sony would help fund Versus - at least to the extent that would be required to basically remake the game for the PS4. Unless it was just going to be a simple resolution increase and maybe 60FPS.

There's no way it will run at 60fps without sacrificing A LOT.

I've had this preordered there since October 2011 and I always laugh when I get their email saying, "We're still trying to find a release date." XD

Maybe Amazon gave up waiting.

I mean there's no chance the game will be released this year or anytime soon next year.

Doesnt Lightning Returns come out later this year (assuming it comes out later in other versions - it is safe to say it might come out probably the first month of 2014 or second month, similar to FFXIII-2).

So either a change in title or it'll be re-designed/announced for the PS4.

Every game that has been delaying Versus is coming out this year. I so happy.

There's no way it will run at 60fps without sacrificing A LOT.

Well, I was more so saying that if they didn't change the graphics besides a simple increased resolution when moving it to the PS4, they could potentially get higher fps. Maybe? I dunno.

But when I said that, I was talking about any possible funding from Sony would have to be substantial to convert the game entirely to the PS4 and not just reuse assets with a simple resolution increase.

Change of title? Probably.

But i doubt it's going to be "XV" or just "Versus". I think Square will go for a more unpredictable new name ala LRFFXIII, just because they can.

Voror

If the rumor about Sony having a part in the game now were true, what advantages would that bring? More marketing? Having it finished sooner?

Exentryk

Here is an image from someone who had it pre-ordered.

bk093I9.jpg

Perfection.gif

The pieces are coming together, soon!

I hope they redesign the logo though

Why? I love that logo Amano made. All they would have to do is change the name part and we good.

Keep the sleeping god where she's at. Plus I like dark blue ;P. It blends with the games motif.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Why? I love that logo Amano made. All they would have to do is change the name part and we good.

Keep the sleeping god where she's at. Plus I like dark blue ;P. It blends with the games motif.

I like the logo too. Like others have said, this looks like it will be renamed to FFXV.

sappyday

They're just anticipating the re-reveal of Versus XIII for the PS4 where we'll have to wait until the announcement of the PS5 for it to be revealed again.

Eliciel

Maybe Versus XIII is becoming the new Kingdom Hearts 3 set in a world of power and greed. Mickey, Donald and Goofy and all other Walt Disney characters get captured and Noctis joins forces with Sora and folks fighting a multi dimensional multi layered war against evil. Reality and fiction fuses into a multifaceted epical conclusion to the long awaited 3rd part in the series of KH.

t-storm

When you have multiple rumor reports stating the same or similar things it's hard to ignore.
Key word being rumor, which I'm sure you know the definition of. Even if it's plural. There will always be those who prefer to stick to facts and give the benefit of the doubt over heresay even if they're from several unconfirmed sources.

Snakeyes

I ain't even mad about this moving to PS4 anymore now that there's very little chance of me switching over to the Xbox One this gen. Bring it on.

And we're basing this of a rumor and the amazon pre-order page removal...?

We are basing this off several key things:

- Last year amazon Japan listed the game's name as a "Tenitive title".
- Shinji Hashimoto, the new Final Fantasy Brand Director, is only currently producing Versus and asked everyone to be excited for E3.
- Last year Hashimoto said they would start talking about Versus within a year (This was early September when he said this).
- Nomura said he would "Soon show the FUTURE of Final Fantasy".
-Recently Nomura said they have a concrete date set for the reveal of more Versus information.
-Roen listed for months on their site that they finished work for XV in 2008 then switched it back to Versus XIII saying it was a "typo".
- Merchandise is being made for Noctis (the perfume). You don't make merchandise and start marketing it unless you plan on releasing the game (or at least info) soon.
- Verendus is very confident in his "info" and has never backpedaled it.
- Rumors from various sites say the same thing from their "insiders" saying Versus will be at E3 with a name change. When multiple sites insiders say the same thing you tend to take notice.
- We recently learned that the Noctis fragrance is being released and sold only two days after E3.
- And now we have here Amazon now taking Versus off their pre-order page. (FYI they would only do this for two reasons: either the games canceled or its bit named Versus anymore. And since we know the game isn't canned... ;D)

Those are the reasons we are confident about what we're saying.

Snakeyes

We are basing this off several key things:

- Last year amazon Japan listed the game's name as a "Tenitive title".
- Shinji Hashimoto, the new Final Fantasy Brand Director, is only currently producing Versus and asked everyone to be excited for E3.
- Last year Hashimoto said they would start talking about Versus within a year (This was early September when he said this).
- Nomura said he would "Soon show the FUTURE of Final Fantasy".
-Recently Nomura said they have a concrete date set for the reveal of more Versus information.
-Roen listed for months on their site that they finished work for XV in 2008 then switched it back to Versus XIII saying it was a "typo".
- Merchandise is being made for Noctis (the perfume). You don't make merchandise and start marketing it unless you plan on releasing the game (or at least info) soon.
- Verendus is very confident in his "info" and has never backpedaled it.
- Rumors from various sites say the same thing from their "insiders" saying Versus will be at E3 with a name change. When multiple sites insiders say the same thing you tend to take notice.
- We recently learned that the Noctis fragrance is being released and sold only two days after E3.
- And now we have here Amazon now taking Versus off their pre-order page. (FYI they would only do this for two reasons: either the games canceled or its bit named Versus anymore. And since we know the game isn't canned... ;D)

Those are the reasons we are confident about what we're saying.

Link to the Verendus tidbits?

Wii had similar specs to GCN, so cross-gen was a simple task for those platforms. Nevertheless I do agree PS4 exclusive would be foolish, cross-gen is the way to go.

Also PS3 install base is eighty million now.

Why wasn't FFX cross gen with the ps1?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
You know that if it changes from "xiii" to "xv" then it means that they want more time right?

Izick

Interesting, so is he saying that Versus XIII won't be called Versus XIII, but it won't be called FF XV either? I'm also curious to know what he means it might be an exlsuive, "kind of." Maybe timed exclusive to the PS4? Or exclsuive in certain regions or something?

Also, I'm really interesting in hearing more about that Guerilla Games project. I'm guessing that's the RPG we've heard a small-fraction about, right? I can't wait to see that. The more RPG's the better! It's a little concerning he was off about them showing off the new IP instead of Killzone 4 (Shadow Fall) first though.

So many signs point to a re-reveal but I'm honestly expecting disappointment.

Maybe Hashimoto meant to be excited for E3 because of LR and XHD, stupid I know, but we've never gotten concrete confirmation a PS4 FF will be shown or if SE will even be presenting at the Sony conference. Just his engrish statement.

If we find out Nomura is going to E3, then ill start getting really hyped.

Top Bottom