• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Prime now broke WD2 Street date lol

Shane89

please tell me how the car handling is. this is the only thing i want know to decide if the game is worth buying.

if it's like WD1 it can stay on the shelf.

I checked my Prime Now, I can either pay £71 or £69 and have my copy within 2 hours. But they don't sell BF1 for Xbox one :|

takriel

Two things:

- console exclusives are so stupid

- the protagonist looks so stupid

But congrats on getting it early!

What did you search for on the app?.
Watchdogs 2. It showed three items. The San Fran edition for PS4, PS4 Gold edition and the standard Xbox One version.

Just finished the first section. Pretty good so far. I think everyone is going to like Marcus a lot more than Aiden. I'm on 1080p Pro and the IQ is looking sweet.

Cartho

I'm sorta jealous that they don't have it in my area. Then again I'm kind relieved as it means I'll have to wait for proper impressions. Curse my impulsiveness.

GRaider81

TBF i don't know any real life hackers but it's always really weird the way they are portrayed in movies and especially games.

The cyber punk look seems to be a favourite for some reason. Does this reflect reality at all?

Im guessing a real hacker is someone who looks like Dave in accounts but Dave would make a pretty dull protagonist.

gossi

HAXX THE PLANET.

913Ts8v.jpg

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Ohhh, I see why Amazon hasn't shipped my copy like they showed they were expected to... I live in the wrong country(countries).

Venom Fox

Banned
OK quick first impressions.

The game starts off good in my opinion. It's a no bullshit, simple couple of missions that introduces you to the core mechanics and sets the tone for the game. It's a lot better than Aiden's super serious start to WD1. There's also a pretty funny walk of shame for the MC with a few funny comments by NPC'S.

The graphics are really nice (I'm on Pro) art style and general look of the game kinda look like a next gen version of GTAV (in a good way). The overall image quality is amazing with Textures being pretty high quality, something I did not expect tbh. Night time scenes and daytime scenes look equally as good!

Mechanic wise it's pretty much an evolution of WD1 with Assassin's Creed style movement and traversal mechanics added in. The movement system itself feels a lot better, smoother and more thought out than WD1.

Hacking is a simple but effective affair again with each object having 4 different types of hack. Only one type is unlocked at the beginning though, presumably more will be unlocked as you progress. From what I can see certain types of objects will allow you to distract guards, create a proximity bomb or simply overload the object and have it blow up creating a non lethal takedown. I wish they would have had a system similar to the WD1 reveal, I know... bringing up old arguments and whatever, but I feel the game would have played a little better if you had more than the 4 same options for objects. (Different objects have different Hacking commands but it's all ways the same 4 for the same type of object)

Gunplay is very much the same, melee feels quicker this time with 1 or 2 button presses doing the job. Stealth takedowns are a little bugged though I think, with a guard spotting me multiple times through solid walls. It was quite annoying tbh. The cover system is quite similar to The Division with you simply aiming and pressing X or manually running to cover.

Car and bike handling is better than WD1 but imo still needs tweaking, cars are very twitchy and bikes feel weird. I'm sure I'll get used to it but it should feel good right away, not after 10 hours of gameplay. Overall though it's an improvement so I'll give them that!

flozuki

The game starts off good in my opinion. It's a no bullshit, simple couple of missions that introduces you to the core mechanics and sets the tone for the game. It's a lot better than Aiden's super serious start to WD1. There's also a pretty funny walk of shame for the MC with a few funny comments by NPC'S.

The graphics are really nice (I'm on Pro) art style and general look of the game kinda look like a next gen version of GTAV (in a good way). The overall image quality is amazing with Textures being pretty high quality, something I did not expect tbh. Night time scenes and daytime scenes look equally as good!

Mechanic wise it's pretty much an evolution of WD1 with Assassin's Creed style movement and traversal mechanics added in. The movement system itself feels a lot better, smoother and more thought out than WD1.

Hacking is a simple but effective affair again with each object having 4 different types of hack. Only one type is unlocked at the beginning though, presumably more will be unlocked as you progress. From what I can see certain types of objects will allow you to distract guards, create a proximity bomb or simply overload the object and have it blow up creating a non lethal takedown. I wish they would have had a system similar to the WD1 reveal, I know... bringing up old arguments and whatever, but I feel the game would have played a little better if you had more than the 4 same options for objects. (Different objects have different Hacking commands but it's all ways the same 4 for the same type of object)

Gunplay is very much the same, melee feels quicker this time with 1 or 2 button presses doing the job. Stealth takedowns are a little bugged though I think, with a guard spotting me multiple times through solid walls. It was quite annoying tbh. The cover system is quite similar to The Division with you simply aiming and pressing X or manually running to cover.

Car and bike handling is better than WD1 but imo still needs tweaking, cars are very twitchy and bikes feel weird. I'm sure I'll get used to it but it should feel good right away, not after 10 hours of gameplay. Overall though it's an improvement so I'll give them that!

Thank you for these impressions, good to hear :)

Dommel

Game is selling in various shops in Belgium as well. Has a street date ever been broken like this for such a big title before?

Tiberius

How is the image quality on pro ?
No aliasing at all like cod infinite warfare or ratchet ?

Drewfonse

Sounds good! How's the story? Engaging?

norm9

Is the cool asian dude in this one too? I only played a little of the first one but he was the most interesting dude.

Main character looks like a new school rapper in his style.

Cartho

So it just popped up, gold edition on my prime now app. I caved in. Fuck's sake GAF why do i do this???

Will post PS4 PRO impressions later.

Menitta

Of all the games I bought from Amazon, WD2 had to be the one to have a broken street date...

The Aiden Pierce figure was also really good. Unfortunately, it's of Aiden Pierce lol.

Venom Fox

Banned
Image quality is good on Pro. There's still some aliasing but it's not very noticeable unless you look for it. As for the story, I'm liking it more than the first so that's a good sign.

Dommel

Should I cancel my order and wait for the inevitable Ubi-sale?

I'm not really feeling it about 3 hours in and I really liked WD1. Also big fan of open world games like this.

Story seems ridiculous, gain followers to get more processing power to then hack stuff. Wat?

Also, frame rate went to shit and stayed that way after I did the online hacking versus another player.

Hopefully things will improve.

Top Bottom