• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon says Driveclub will release October 3

Abriael

Banned
Amazon also says October 6th.

t7bNtuh.jpg

and that was just yesterday. And their listing says September 30th.

So yeah, they're just shooting in the dark.

I have mixed feelings on this game, but bummed with all these delays. Planned on picking this up for sure!

Side note, can someone please answer this for me... how come I cannot start a new topic? It says I don't have the rights on my account... do I have to have a certain amount of posts or something?

You have to be a member first. Right now you're a junior member.

Jburton

Banned
Sounds like Sony are going for 1 AAA release a month over the Holiday period.

Sept - Destiny, Oct - Driveclub, Nov - The Order, Dec - Uncharted 4.

Kyoufu

Sounds like Sony are going for 1 AAA release a month over the Holiday period.

Sept - Destiny, Oct - Driveclub, Nov - The Order, Dec - Uncharted 4.

Uncharted 4 isn't coming this year I don't think. That's going to battle Halo 5 or whatever next year.

Once again, DriveClub is the PS4s Last Guardian. Delays and delays and delays whith a lot of silence.

They've announced exactly one release date, and one delay, but speculation by 3rd parties who don't know any more than you do makes it "delays and delays and delays."

Someone really fucked up with this game, damn. I don't fancy Evolution's chances of being around 12 months after DC actually released. Sony gonna close them down super fast.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Holy shit if true. What the f happened at Evolution?
Nothing particularly out of the ordinary for them. They weren't ready with the original Motorstorm either, even though that was supposed to be a launch title as well. At least they didn't try soft-launching the game in one territory without network support this time.

sector4

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I'm desperate for news on Driveclub too. Just not desperate enough to take the word of an amazon csr rep as the gospel.

whitehawk

Banned
This has to be because it's launching alongside a VR device. I can't imagine they were thinking for a while that they could release at launch and then went "Wait, we need another year." A few months? Yes, but not a year.

Dysun

A week before Arkham Knight, think I'll pass. Might have given this game a shot during the summer drought

Elios83

It would be amazing (amazingly bad...) if this game ended up being delayed by a full year :O
Still IF they can bring it up to a whole new level with 60fps, dynamic weather, great social features, online competitive modes and
VR headset support
it might still be worth the wait otherwise....not looking good for Evolution...their latest games have all been bombas and now a colossal development fuckup (if that's indeed the case) would be the icing on their closure cake.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Since when did we take placeholder dates as official word? The only thing you can extrapolate from this is that it'll be out in Q3/Q4 and not June or something. I only say that because Destination PlayStation was recently and as such, retailers should have more accurate dates. And once again, where is this Evolution is getting shutdown business coming from? Some kind of sick and twisted wishful thinking from doom mongerers? Evolution has a good track record of well reviewed and selling games, is fairly efficient getting a game out at least once every two years (Motorstorm RC anybody?) and they have a place in what they do as an alternative to Polyphony Digital for a different kind of racing game.

Now for the talking out of my butt section. The only reason this game could have possibly been delayed so hard is for reasons outside the studio. That game was good looking and played competently. You don't get delayed nearly a year for an almost complete game (Watch Dogs says Hi, though). You get delayed another year so you can get realigned into the publishers schedule. Rumors said there was features missing and content would have had to be cut if Driveclub was going to make launch. I doubt Sony would shutter Evo for such reasons (Zipper and Liverpool are different cases entirely).

Driveclub will be at least competent, Driveclub will perform at least decently, and Evolution will be fine.

AU Tiger

We have a release date on Sony VR! :D

Came in to post this!

If true, Occulus am cry? I hope IF that date is correct and IF sony's VR hits around that time that Palmer and the guys at OR don't shove it out the door to consumers unfinished simply because sony is on the market too. I can't imagine they would after all the "not until it's ready" talk they've give us up to this point... but u never know.

I think they understand they're designing a product for a different demographic of gamers. at least I think they are.

jaypah

Whenever it's ready. I'm done giving a shit. I dig Evo and I'm trusting that I'll like the finished product so whenever they are ready I'll be there.

Until next month when I bitch about how this fucking game still isn't out. Can I get an update lil daddy?!

Rinse and repeat.

nikos

This was my most anticipated launch title for the PS4. Early 2014 delay was understandable, mid 2014 was acceptable, late 2014, or beyond, is disappointing.

With the rumor of the game taking a different direction, maybe they decided to make it open world.

Leflus

LOL @ "launch title"...i really wonder how different this game will reemerge.
It has been rebooted into a gritty third person action game with shooting mechanics. Believe!

I feel like they need to say something about the release date soon. The rampant speculation isn't doing the game any favours.

Top Bottom