• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon says Driveclub will release October 3

Meh, played the game at ign convention and its bad. The steering is so stiff! I feel like piloting a plane not driving a car. Not interested! Looking forward to TheCrew though.

Rosur

Hopefully it isn't this late. Though if it is it I think it leads more weight to the VR rumours being true.

DieH@rd

Banned
We have a release date on Sony VR! :D

we-did-something-bad_original.gif

RulkezX

Don't think I've ever seen one of these "guys Amazon says" threads turn out to be correct.

I think we'll probably hear about DC at GDC

StuBurns

Banned
No not really, well kinda, ...there will be a (Free Edition) but there will be a full retail that will cost full retail
Yeah, I just meant there's no way I'd buy the game, and the PS+ version will be fine for me, so I don't care when it releases, but I think October 3rd would be a poor strategic choice.

Bgamer90

Banned
That would be good. I'm expecting Forza Horizon 2 to release around the same time so at least Sony will have a game that can compete with it.

All I can say is, if it comes out virtually a year later, that's fucked up.

They have the assets, they have a driving model, clearly. So what? Did they see everyone was doing the 'social' thing, and decide it wasn't enough to differentiate?

quetz67

Banned
My Knack/Killzone/Driveclub PS4 bundle is still on preorder, It is the only one you can get here in Germany. Wonder if October is the date when we finally get PS4s here.

StuBurns

Banned
It could be worse. October is usually a quiet month for game, isn't it?
Batman and Assassin's Creed are going to eat up a sizable chunk of people's cash, and it's too close Destiny if the scope of that game is as has been suggested. They should be targeting August at the latest I'd have thought, preferably June. If the game's not ready though, it's not ready.

Walmart shows the release date on May 30, which makes sense given Sony's recent propensity towards Friday releases.

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/driveclub-ps4/6000109165347

Kind of sounds like a place holder. I'm not sure if games in Canada come out the same day as in the US, but I think DriveClub would need to launch on a Tuesday since it's a PS plus title at launch. I guess it's possible that they hold off updating the store until the Friday, but I think it's more likely it would just launch on the Tuesday.

Refuse to believe this game is being delayed to October. If that's true then, geez, what kind of state was it in when planned as a launch title.

Maybe it'll coincide with the VR launch?

That's what I'm thinking. If Sony wants this VR thing to be a big deal - assuming it's true (I'm sure it is) - having at least one major launch title is the best thing for it, and DriveClub seems like it would be a good fit.

They said three different dates in three days. Not credible.

Part of me also suspects this is just placeholder dates at work. Either way, hopefully an announcement from Sony soon.

Refuse to believe this game is being delayed to October. If that's true then, geez, what kind of state was it in when planned as a launch title.

I think there were two issues. One, the dev was never going to be able to have this game ready by launch. I think Sony planned it as a launch game when production started and obviously any slight unseen delay will push it out of that window. Two, I think once it was delayed they realized that while they could probably release the game a few months later, it could really benefit from the added time. I get the feeling that maybe the online stuff, which the game revolves around, wasn't working well. Just a guess based on nothing, but it seems like if something there was fundamentally broken it could take a long time to fix.

Placeholder.

A Sony official this week refused to even commit to it coming out in 2014. When a company is that dodgy about something, no retailer has a release date. This is Amazon making up a date to be able to keep their preorder system alive.

Driveclub will be a q1/q2 2015 game, mark my words.

StuBurns

Banned
That's if the game is still coming to PS+. They haven't confirmed that as of yet (I hope they do).
What do you mean they haven't confirmed it? They confirmed it at the time of the delay, it's not like they're going to keep confirming it periodically.

Hyunashi

It better be close to ****ing perfect if they need to delay it that long. If that truly is the date, we can unfortunately expect more of this at E3 rather than a new game that should have been slotted into that period, unless DC was never even planned for launch at all. Seriously, if this game runs worse than say Forza 5, the backlash should be incredible.

I'm just pretty disappointed at how delayed this game has been, how we dont even have a damn date yet and at how Sony seem to have nothing new first party wise for the end of the year so far.

Aucool

I just received this email from Amazon (it), now the estimated delivery date is September 1

"Gentile Cliente,

Siamo spiacenti di comunicarti che il fornitore ci ha comunicato una nuova data di disponibilità per i seguenti articoli, di conseguenza la nuova data di consegna prevista è:

"#DriveClub"
Data di consegna prevista: 01 settembre 2014"

Top Bottom