• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

nyong

Banned
Again, I thought that was the point.
Duke is supposed to be an absurd caricature that is obscene and often offensive. Yes. But in Duke Nukem Forever it's literally like they spent a week brainstorming a list of every single political incorrect thing in existence, then tossed it into the game just cuz.

Like I said, though...it depends on how easy you are to offend whether you'll care. There's no escaping that the humor just sucks, though. The delivery is lame at best.

JABEE

BTW I would feel silly if I didn't mention this since it seems like there are new people in this thread:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=nav_sap_dvg_Jun24?ie=UTF8&docId=1000716161

We've got Dragon Age on sale for mad cheap this week:

1. Dragon Age Bundle (Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition + Dragon Age 2): $9.99
2. Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition: $7.49
3. Dragon Age Origins: $4.99
4. Dragon Age 2: $4.99

Cheers,
Tony
Will Amazon be price-matching Game Stop's Vita sales this week like MK Vita for 19.99 next Saturday?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
This thread reminds me of that Reggie "insatiable gamer" thread. Now we're all just asking about stuff that's not on the list. ;)

eemijun

Neo Member
Hey Tony quick question. Will Mafia 2 be at a discount by itself or only in the mega pack? Thanks for all the awesome sales always.

Forkball

Damn, Spec Ops hyper bomba.

I wonder who will put Arma II on sale first. Ironic how that title used to always go on sale, but now that the Day Z mod made it popular, people are anxiously awaiting it to drop price.

Any idea if we'll see the Civ 5: Gods and Kings expansion go on sale?

Not more than the 10% off we've got it for right now.

Hey Tony quick question. Will Mafia 2 be at a discount by itself or only in the mega pack? Thanks for all the awesome sales always.

Yeah, the a la carte Mafia II offering will be 50% off, as with the rest of the catalog that isn't in a bundle for the most part.

Sidebar: We ran Mafia II For like $6.99 a few months ago and the internet was not excited about it, so we haven't revisited it yet. Maybe now that there's a bit more awareness around our sales I'll try and revisit it. This will occur post-July though, as our Take 2 stuff is locked in for July.

This thread reminds me of that Reggie "insatiable gamer" thread. Now we're all just asking about stuff that's not on the list. ;)

I hope you guys keep asking about stuff that isn't on the list.

The Paradox bundles were born from a reddit thread, the THQ bundle came from CAG, and one of the Neogafer's is the reason we ran The Saboteur for $4.99 or whatever it was last time we ran it.

You guys provide me with better feedback than any market study we could run in my opinion.

We can't always do everything you want, but that doesn't mean we don't get to awesome deals by talking about it.

Cheers,
Tony

Damn, Spec Ops hyper bomba.

I wonder who will put Arma II on sale first. Ironic how that title used to always go on sale, but now that the Day Z mod made it popular, people are anxiously awaiting it to drop price.

We should have it for 25% off tomorrow. We're out of keys right now, as soon as my Ops guy (see what I did there?) can get our new batch of keys tested and ingested we'll be discounting Combined Ops and putting it back up.

Cheers,
Tony

olimpia84

I'm not very spec- savvy but can my AMD Radeon HD 6520G card run Bioshock 1 and 2 in some kind of decent setting? If so, I'll double dip since both games for 7 bucks it's a very good deal

We should have it for 25% off tomorrow. We're out of keys right now, as soon as my Ops guy (see what I did there?) can get our new batch of keys tested and ingested we'll be discounting Combined Ops and putting it back up.

Cheers,
Tony

No chance of getting a hold of keys you can register on Steam? That's what's holding me back from buying it right away.

fusionedd

Neo Member
I'm not very spec- savvy but can my AMD Radeon HD 6520G card run Bioshock 1 and 2 in some kind of decent setting? If so, I'll double dip since both games for 7 bucks it's a very good deal

I certainly believe so. Was able to run those 2 games at a decent setting, if not full, with an 8800GT with a Q6600.

Ploid 3.0

We run $5 Dead Space and Dead Space 2 so often it is kind of a running joke around the office. I'll make sure to drop a note the next time we do it again.

Cheers,
Tony

I was going to mention that I got DS2 free because I had amazon credit. It was $5 and I had around $10 credit. Picked up DS2 and Duke Nukem sometime in January or December. Just Cause 2 is another one that was frequently discounted.

Ledsen

are there any problems if someone buys one of packs from europe? (activation?)

I have bought a lot of stuff from amazon, inluding the paradox pack, and had no problems (Sweden). I think there are one or two region-locked steam codes on there though.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

Cheers,
Tony

I tried searching for Galactic Civilizations 2 on the digital games part of Amazon, but I couldnt even find Crusader Kings 2 with your search... Anyone know whether Amazon offers Galactic Civilizations 2? There are many people waiting on a steam sale for that, not sure whether Amazon even has it though :/

gdt

I tried searching for Galactic Civilizations on the digital games part of Amazon, but I couldnt even find Crusader Kings 2 with your search... Anyone know whether Amazon offers Galactic Civilizations 2? There are many people waiting on a steam sale for that, not sure whether Amazon even has it though :/

Hey! That game is majorly on my wishlist, due to my love of Civilization.

I'd love a sale on that, with a steam key if possible.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Hey! That game is majorly on my wishlist, due to my love of Civilization.

I'd love a sale on that, with a steam key if possible.

They argued about that in the GalCiv2 thread, but I prefer GalCiv2 over Civ4 even. Compared, Civ4 is the more focussed game, but damn. GalCiv2 is so good and vast in options :( I really want to play it, and got way too fired up over the steam sale supposedly starting yesterday.

are these deals US only? like, is there any problem buying it from amazon US and registering the keys on my account? (i'm from portugal).

Toma

are these deals US only? like, is there any problem buying it from amazon US and registering the keys on my account? (i'm from portugal).

Usually not, but Ledsen said this a few posts earlier:

I have bought a lot of stuff from amazon, inluding the paradox pack, and had no problems (Sweden). I think there are one or two region-locked steam codes on there though.

legacyzero

Banned

I have a 4890 and it never dips below 60fps. So you'll be juuuust fine :)
A 4890 is quite a bit more powerful then a 65xx. Even still it should run it fine at lower resolutions(1600x900 and below).

Whoops. I learn something new everyday :lol

Oh, and 1600x900 is my max so yeah, it'll be cool

Ledsen

I have a 4890 and it never dips below 60fps. So you'll be juuuust fine :)

Whoops. I learn something new everyday :lol

Oh, and 1600x900 is my max so yeah, it'll be cool

Don't pre-quote! It's a huge pet peeve of mine... at least indicate that the post you're replying to is below your post instead of above it. The amount of time I've spent scrolling up in vain... sorry for the rant

Toma

Don't pre-quote! It's a huge pet peeve of mine... at least indicate that the post you're replying to is below your post instead of above it. The amount of time I've spent scrolling up in vain... sorry for the rant

I have the same pet peeve, but why not just click the quote arrow? :p

Click the little arrow to the right of the "Originally Posted by..." message to jump to the post that was quoted.

Geoff9920

Click the little arrow to the right of the "Originally Posted by..." message to jump to the post that was quoted.
That little arrow is easily my favorite of the additions that have been made to GAF. So handy.

Might have to grab syndicate when it goes on sale. Hopefully the PC multiplayer isn't completely dead as I enjoyed the demo of it when I tried the 360 version.

Toma

That little arrow is easily my favorite of the additions that have been made to GAF. So handy.

Might have to grab syndicate when it goes on sale. Hopefully the PC multiplayer isn't completely dead as I enjoyed the demo of it when I tried the 360 version.

The only thing Gaf still needs is a "who quoted me" function. I visit another forum with that function and oh god. So godly.

volturnus

Banned
Not more than the 10% off we've got it for right now.

Yeah, the a la carte Mafia II offering will be 50% off, as with the rest of the catalog that isn't in a bundle for the most part.

Sidebar: We ran Mafia II For like $6.99 a few months ago and the internet was not excited about it, so we haven't revisited it yet. Maybe now that there's a bit more awareness around our sales I'll try and revisit it. This will occur post-July though, as our Take 2 stuff is locked in for July.

The Paradox bundles were born from a reddit thread, the THQ bundle came from CAG, and one of the Neogafer's is the reason we ran The Saboteur for $4.99 or whatever it was last time we ran it.

You guys provide me with better feedback than any market study we could run in my opinion.

We can't always do everything you want, but that doesn't mean we don't get to awesome deals by talking about it.

Cheers,
Tony
Any chance of some Ubisoft deals like GR: Future Soldier and AC Revelations?

Ledsen

I have the same pet peeve, but why not just click the quote arrow? :p

1323749183195.gif

Prezhulio

i loved you guys did that for the saboteur. though i haven't finished it, i'm really enjoying it! i wonder how well that did for you though....moving some is better than none type of situation?

Top Bottom