• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

LN3000

Neo Member
Well, you can buy them but truth is you'll probably won't play them. It's not about if the games are worth your money but if your games are worth your time. Money is one thing, but lifetime is the most precioust thing you got. When I look at that list I say...sorry, but no. It's all about quality, not quantity.

True, but I'm always interested in trying out new games. (And seriously, I understand the concept of "But will you ever have enough time to play all of the games?"... If you saw my Steam account, (or any of my game libraries), you'd see the ton of games I have.
I like bundles. and sales.

During one of the Steam sales, I bought the Square Enix complete pack for cheap, primarily because I wanted Batman Arkham Asylum. But I ended up being really glad I got it, since I've since put in over 100 hours into Just Cause 2, which I never would have played would it not have been for the bundle.

So even if I find only one unexpected good game in the bundle, for $15 is insane to pass up.
Hmmm.. Looks like I have a number of the games already (from various other game bundles, or whatnot), so even if getting the bundle is just to make sure I "collect 'em all" that's fine with me too.

(That sounds like I have a serious problem, even to me. haha)

But I don't have Star Wolves, Penumbra and Cryostasis. At the very least, the $15 bundle is worth getting based on Tony's recommendation of those.

Kronic

Neo Member
Hey Tony,

Any chance the Rockstar Steam pack/ individual games will be up for sale again soon? I've been interested in playing Bully after I heard really good things about it.

kswiston

I think I need to buy that 1C pack when it goes live on principle, even if I have Kings Bounty Platinum and a few others already.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
While I really do like that 1C pack and may pick it up... but any chance will the Men at War series be on sale for cheap too? I'm honestly really only looking for Assault Squad.

Prophane33

I think I need to buy that 1C pack when it goes live on principle, even if I have Kings Bounty Platinum and a few others already.

I have to up that 1C pack, just so I can ignore all future Indie Gala bundles. It helps that there are a few interesting games in there too, along with the usual Eurojank and "why was this even released" stuff.

Thanks Tony! You're GRRRREATT!! hmm, where've I heard that before...

Downloading now.

Word :)

Tony.

I was going to pre-order BL2 on Steam.

But that tattoo thing is so ridiculous.

(Plus I 100% believe that Amazon can take on Steam)

Go ink and go competition!

The Enlight pack is up for $6. Been playing Capitalism most of the day. Warlords Battlecry 3 is awesome as well.

More people need to play Warlords Battlecry 3. One of my favorite RTS ever. <3

Warlords BC3 is/was one of my favorite RTS as well :).

I have to up that 1C pack, just so I can ignore all future Indie Gala bundles. It helps that there are a few interesting games in there too, along with the usual Eurojank and "why was this even released" stuff.

Glad you are psyched about the 1C bundle :). We are too!

While I really do like that 1C pack and may pick it up... but any chance will the Men at War series be on sale for cheap too? I'm honestly really only looking for Assault Squad.

Tony, any chance of a deal on Magicka soon/

Right now we don't have plans for a la carte pricing on the 1C bundle stuff or Magicka, we'll have the bundle with Magicka in it again during Labor day though.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
So Tony, not sure if you're still checking this, but GreenManGaming has been going crazy with sales lately. I'm particularly interested in Sleeping Dogs. They had it at $30 at one point.

I'm wondering if Amazon plans to get it near that price anytime soon, because if so I'm willing to wait.

legacyzero

Banned
EDIT wrong thread =/

So Tony, not sure if you're still checking this, but GreenManGaming has been going crazy with sales lately. I'm particularly interested in Sleeping Dogs. They had it at $30 at one point.

I'm wondering if Amazon plans to get it near that price anytime soon, because if so I'm willing to wait.

That would be awesome, actually.

Notperk

Neo Member
I just got a $12 Amazon digital credit for owning their digital versions of M&B Warband and Napoleonic Wars. I guess you get $6 for each M&B game you own, so that you can get War of the Roses for a cheaper price. It seems that this credit can be applied to any game, video or music download. I haven't actually purchased anything with it yet, so I can't confirm this.

Oh, so not far off then. Did the 1C catalog sale go up then? I can't seem to find it.

Negative, we're still getting keys and creating product pages.

Any chance we might see a Ghost Recon: Future Soldier sale coming?

Yep, 33% off during Labor Day.

EDIT wrong thread =/

That would be awesome, actually.

Yep, I still check this regularly :). We don't have a planned promo for Sleeping Dogs in the near future. I'm working towards one but I have no solid info to share yet. As soon as I do I will let you know though!

I just got a $12 Amazon digital credit for owning their digital versions of M&B Warband and Napoleonic Wars. I guess you get $6 for each M&B game you own, so that you can get War of the Roses for a cheaper price. It seems that this credit can be applied to any game, video or music download. I haven't actually purchased anything with it yet, so I can't confirm this.

The credit is for War of the Roses FYI.

Cheers,
Tony

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Yep, I still check this regularly :). We don't have a planned promo for Sleeping Dogs in the near future. I'm working towards one but I have no solid info to share yet. As soon as I do I will let you know though!

Alright cool! The GMG sale is ending the last day of August so I'm hoping if you guys have a sale to announce it'll be before then or else I'll have to end up getting it there.

Angelcurio

Two slightly offtopic questions Tony. Will Amazon sell again PSN cards? it was the only place we could get those without any headaches and now it's not possible anymore.

And the second question, Any chance of Amazon selling the Nexus 7?

boosh5

Banned
Not to get too off topic, but Tony, do you know anything about how Amazon is handling the physical release of Guild Wars 2? There's a ton of mixed information out there regarding whether or not we'll get 3 day headstart codes, just 1 day codes, or no codes at all. Also I've seen a lot of people saying that Amazon's inventory isn't showing up until after launch so it may be a while before people receive their copies.

Do you know anything about any of this that would help clear up some of the confusion?

Additional Info: A Steam account is required for download, installation and game activation.

looks like it

I didn't see that anywhere, but thanks. I see this:

amazon's webpage said:
Available Now.
Sold by Amazon Digital Services, Inc. Additional taxes may apply. By placing your order, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Download size: To be determined.
Download time: To be determined.
Note: After purchase, this item is stored and can be downloaded again from Your Games Library.

Oh wait, I see it now, you have to scroll down a bit.

alf717

The Spain and Inca, Polynesia and Vikings packs aren't on sale is that normal or a mistake? Any change of a nice Amazon exclusive Civ V DLC pack that just throws all the DLC minus Gods and Kings for a fair price?

Also is this the new Amazon Sales thread?

CatPee

Yo Tony, I heard a rumor that ME3 Deluxe was set to go on sale for $24.99? I was wondering if that was true since if it is, I'll forgo the current $16 price point on Origin and just grab it from Amazon whenever that goes live.

Catshade

Should we make a new thread? Amazon Labor Day Sale is up, starting with some 2K games.

Highlights are WTF Pack (DNF, The Darkness 2, Borderlands GOTY) and Desert to Sea Pack (Bioshock 1 & 2, Spec Ops: The Line), $20 each. For old-school games, there's X-COM collection for $3.75.

Edit: All packs are redeemable on Steam. Oh, and by itself, The Darkness 2 is $10.

Addnan

Should we make a new thread? Amazon Labor Day Sale is up, starting with some 2K games.

Highlights are WTF Pack (DNF, The Darkness 2, Borderlands GOTY) and Desert to Sea Pack (Bioshock 1 & 2, Spec Ops: The Line), $20 each.

Edit: Both packs are redeemable on Steam. Oh, and by itself, The Darkness 2 is $10.
Was about to buy Spec Ops for $25.. Then saw with Bioshock for $20. Bought

Not sure what to do with Bioshock 1. hmmm, a giveaway maybe

Bought the Spec Ops/Bioshock pack. Is there anyway I can put the Bioshock games in my steam gift passes to gift them, or just email the codes to someone and they can activate it on their steam. BTW I already own Bioshock 1 & 2 on steam if that makes a difference.

Bought the Spec Ops/Bioshock pack. Is there anyway I can put the Bioshock games in my steam gift passes to gift them, or just email the codes to someone and they can activate it on their steam. BTW I already own Bioshock 1 & 2 on steam if that makes a difference.

Just send them the keys. Whatever you do, don't put them into steam because it will just eat them.

Why would you want to enter the cd keys anyway?

It was just a general question on how Steam handles a case like that. I know Xbox Live tells you that you already own that content and doesn't "eat" the code.
Nope, just eats them.
That's... not very good.
EDIT: There is not a lot of info out there, but one thread on the Steam Forums said the keys do not get voided after being used like that.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
It was just a general question on how Steam handles a case like that. I know Xbox Live tells you that you already own that content and doesn't "eat" the code.

That's... not very good.

Ah okay. Well, I'm not sure if actually eats the code. I know it tells you that you already own the game...

That's... not very good.
EDIT: There is not a lot of info out there, but one thread on the Steam Forums said the keys do not get voided after being used like that.

Unless it was a very recent change they certainly do.

Top Bottom