• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

Sye d'Burns

Not my copy from GamersGate. They literally just had me download an exe file. Totally DRM free--the only key I got was for my forum icon at paradox (which I actually tried in Steam and it didn't work). BAM, losing. =(

Emailed Amazon and they are willing to refund my order (always great customer service there), but I'll just keep Warlock. It'd be nice to have the DLC for CK2, but without a Steam code I'm SOL, so no biggie.

GamersGate is the only one, to my knowledge, that offers non-SteamPlay versions of CK2 (and other paradox games if my memory serves)

Even retail boxes are Steamplay

I'm a little irked at GG right now anyway. I wanted to pick up EU:3 Chronicles for mac on GG last Saturday while it was 75% off since steam only goes up to In Nomine. Yeah, macs were apparently excluded. :\

steadfast

Not my copy from GamersGate. They literally just had me download an exe file. Totally DRM free--the only key I got was for my forum icon at paradox (which I actually tried in Steam and it didn't work). BAM, losing. =(

Emailed Amazon and they are willing to refund my order (always great customer service there), but I'll just keep Warlock. It'd be nice to have the DLC for CK2, but without a Steam code I'm SOL, so no biggie.

Buy the plentiful paradox pack that comes with ck2 and 5 other games for $12.50. All are steam.

GamersGate is the only one, to my knowledge, that offers non-SteamPlay versions of CK2 (and other paradox games if my memory serves)

That's funny. I almost always buy my Paradox titles from GG, so I had no idea they had a different scheme otherwise.
Buy the plentiful paradox pack that comes with ck2 and 5 other games for $12.50. All are steam.
I already own all of them though. =)

Koroviev

Edit:

Literally just a download button--the GG downloader just downloads the CK2 exe installer. (Also so nobody thinks I'm pirating. =P)

I'm a little irked at GG right now anyway. I wanted to pick up EU:3 Chronicles for mac on GG last Saturday while it was 75% off since steam only goes up to In Nomine. Yeah, macs were apparently excluded. :\

Oh, I see. Sorry! :(

MasLegio

Banned
If I am not mistaken GamersGate is owned by Paradox.
They started the service to sell their games. If they sold them with steamkeys on gamersgate maybe they will have to pay a percantage to Valve, or they maybe do not want to lose old Paradox/Gamersgate customers to Steam as a digital platform.

Sye d'Burns

If I am not mistaken GamersGate is owned by Paradox.
They started the service to sell their games. If they sold them with steamkeys on gamersgate maybe they will have to pay a percantage to Valve, or they maybe do not want to lose old Paradox/Gamersgate customers to Steam as a digital platform.

I believe that they used to be owned by Paradox and still maintain a special relationship. It's not without its value to consumers, as anyone who has Steam break a save through autoupdate can attest.

Still working on Bethesda content but nothing yet.

We just set up an agreement with Stardock though and I'll be working on a Deal of the Week with them now.

Cheers,
Tony

Hey Tony,

Can you take a moment and see my problem above? Is there any chance that the DLC for CK2 will ever be made non-steam reliant? Having these download codes sitting there unused is bumming me out. =)

xanaty

Neo Member
Any chance for more Steam-activatable indie games like Awesomenauts on Amazon? I'd like to use my Amazon credit for them.

Hey Tony,

Can you take a moment and see my problem above? Is there any chance that the DLC for CK2 will ever be made non-steam reliant? Having these download codes sitting there unused is bumming me out. =)

Hey man,

Sorry about the issue you're having :(. I have no idea how to address that issue though, as we're only distributing the Steamworks version of that game, and I didn't even realize there was a DRM free version.

I'll ping Paradox about it though.

Any chance for more Steam-activatable indie games like Awesomenauts on Amazon? I'd like to use my Amazon credit for them.

We're always trying to sign up new vendors with any and all of their games.

I like where this is going.

Me too, stay tuned :).

Cheers,
Tony

Hey man,

Sorry about the issue you're having :(. I have no idea how to address that issue though, as we're only distributing the Steamworks version of that game, and I didn't even realize there was a DRM free version.

I'll ping Paradox about it though.

Awesome, thanks! Like I said, not a huge deal as the DLC was just a perk for me with Warlock, but it would be good to know in case you guys put the Sword of Islam DLC on sale.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I first emailed EA about a problem I had with the Bulletstorm code. Then I called them and got it taken care of immediately.

I just received an email from customer support today saying that my problem has already been resolved. I sent that email like 3 weeks ago. :p

Gvaz

Banned
Tony,
I noticed that Tera is on sale, but why is the digital version more expensive than the box copy?

Amazon doesn't generally delegate digital versions unless they talk about it directly with the providers. For shit amazon has in physical stock, they can price it whatever the fuck they want.

That's why you see stuff like kindle versions being more expensive than their paperback versions.

thundr51

Amazon doesn't generally delegate digital versions unless they talk about it directly with the providers. For shit amazon has in physical stock, they can price it whatever the fuck they want.

That's why you see stuff like kindle versions being more expensive than their paperback versions.

Thanks for the info, might wait a bit on Tera since I'm not a big fan of mmos anyway.

Thanks for the info, might wait a bit on Tera since I'm not a big fan of mmos anyway.

Working on a TERA sale. Also, the Secret World will be 50% off soon.

Also...anyone still looking for a Borderlands 2 4-pack? I've got a friend in another forum looking to get in on one.

Cheers,
Tony

We recently launched 5 "Ultimate Digital Collection" packs. They are $29.99 list price but we'll have them for $25.49 through next Saturday:

Spore Ultimate Collection: $25.49
Battlefield Bad Company Ultimate Digital Collection: $25.49
SimCity Societies Ultimate Digital Collection: $25.49
Medal of Honor Ultimate Digital Collection: $25.49
Need for Speed Ultimate Digital Collection: $25.49

Upcoming deals include:

1. 8/12-8/18 - Iron Cross: Rise of Flight Edition - $9.99 - Not Steam
2. 8/12-8/18 - The 11 DotEmu games we carry - $9.99 - DRM Free
3. 8/17-8/19 - The Secret World - $24.99
4. As soon as we get it live - Guild Wars Platinum (Guild Wars + Eye of the North): $19.99 + $5 credit towards Guild Wars 2 Pre-Order
5. I am expecting to hear back from Paradox soonon updates for Deal of the Week/Labor Day Sale
6. EA,Take 2 (Rockstar+2K), THQ, Nordic Games, Ubisoft all have amazing line ups for the Labor Day. I will share full details as we finalize timing.
7. I'm working on 2 - 25 game bundles from Strategy First for $12.49 each, some of the games will have Steam codes, others will not.
8. We will likely run a bundle of all of 1C games for between $12.49-$14.99, I am awaiting confirmation on pricing, additionally we will be offering both DRM free and Steam keys where applicable/available on their titles. Again, still working to get all of these assets/final confirmation.
9. We have confirmation that the Square Enix Ultimate bundle will be back for Labor Day
10. We'll see the return of the Serious Sam promotion soon at 75% off the individual games. I'm pushing for a bundle and 80% off the 4-packs again, but I have not received confirmation on this, only the 75% off the individual games.

Cheers,
Tony

mosesjohn

Neo Member
6. EA,Take 2 (Rockstar+2K), THQ, Nordic Games, Ubisoft all have amazing line ups for the Labor Day. I will share full details as we finalize timing.
9. We have confirmation that the Square Enix Ultimate bundle will be back for Labor Day
Cheers,
Tony

just what i wanted to hear! the rest is just bonus! tony is back!

tsab

We recently launched 5 "Ultimate Digital Collection" packs. They are $29.99 list price but we'll have them for $25.49 through next Saturday:

Spore Ultimate Collection: $25.49
Battlefield Bad Company Ultimate Digital Collection: $25.49
SimCity Societies Ultimate Digital Collection: $25.49
Medal of Honor Ultimate Digital Collection: $25.49
Need for Speed Ultimate Digital Collection: $25.49

Upcoming deals include:

1. 8/12-8/18 - Iron Cross: Rise of Flight Edition - $9.99 - Not Steam
2. 8/12-8/18 - The 11 DotEmu games we carry - $9.99 - DRM Free
3. 8/17-8/19 - The Secret World - $24.99
4. As soon as we get it live - Guild Wars Platinum (Guild Wars + Eye of the North): $19.99 + $5 credit towards Guild Wars 2 Pre-Order
5. I am expecting to hear back from Paradox soonon updates for Deal of the Week/Labor Day Sale
7. I'm working on 2 - 25 game bundles from Strategy First for $12.49 each, some of the games will have Steam codes, others will not.
8. We will likely run a bundle of all of 1C games for between $12.49-$14.99, I am awaiting confirmation on pricing, additionally we will be offering both DRM free and Steam keys where applicable/available on their titles. Again, still working to get all of these assets/final confirmation.
10. We'll see the return of the Serious Sam promotion soon at 75% off the individual games. I'm pushing for a bundle and 80% off the 4-packs again, but I have not received confirmation on this, only the 75% off the individual games.

Cheers,
Tony

Can't wait for some Irem Collection, 7th Guest and 11th Hour :)

Game Guru

Hey, Tony... Maybe you can answer this but are the Sega Genesis Classics that Amazon sells as downloads DRM-Free? While I have most of the games on Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, I am tempted to get the two ToeJam & Earl games and I would prefer DRM-Free versions over just getting them on Steam.

XEROWUN

Neo Member
what does an ultimate digital collection entail? am i literally buying an entire franchise for 25 bucks?

btw, that GW1 bundle sounds interesting, but i don't want to buy into a multiplayer game only to have the company stop supporting it soon( i know arenanet is not EA) if i buy GW1, is it possible to not need multiplayer to be able to play it as a "single player" or does it require the servers to be up in order for me to play?

Lain

I actually didn't know what the DotEmu games were, but when I saw Gobliins Trilogy and the Little Big Adventures games, grabbed it right away.

Reikon

btw, that GW1 bundle sounds interesting, but i don't want to buy into a multiplayer game only to have the company stop supporting it soon( i know arenanet is not EA) if i buy GW1, is it possible to not need multiplayer to be able to play it as a "single player" or does it require the servers to be up in order for me to play?

If you didn't know GW1 is online only, you probably shouldn't get it. It's pretty obtuse compared to modern games.

Grayman

what does an ultimate digital collection entail? am i literally buying an entire franchise for 25 bucks?

absolutely requires servers to be up. while anet did not want to call it an mmo it was in a similar space. given that the game was quite popular and probably scales downwards nicely it should be supported for a very long time. it is already 8 years old.

baconcow

If you didn't know GW1 is online only, you probably shouldn't get it. It's pretty obtuse compared to modern games.

Guild Wars 1 was an incredible game and set of expansions that played very well. COOP was limited but the game play was what D2's expansion should have been. Having played G2 during Beta events, I can honestly say it is a huge advancement in online RPG's.

Any SEGA sales planned? Especially a return of Sonic Generations at 7.49?

Yes we're working on it, no confirmation yet.

Is The Saboteur ever going on sale again?

I'll ask, but not plans as of right now.

Hey, Tony... Maybe you can answer this but are the Sega Genesis Classics that Amazon sells as downloads DRM-Free? While I have most of the games on Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, I am tempted to get the two ToeJam & Earl games and I would prefer DRM-Free versions over just getting them on Steam.

Our versions are DRM free.

I guess the DotEmu deal is not up yet. Do we know in how many hours it will?

It is live now.

hey tony whats up with the removal of the $5.00 credit for sleeping dogs? was going to jump on that offer but it appears i missed out

Yeah, sorry, it ended on 8/11 :(.

Guild Wars 1 was an incredible game and set of expansions that played very well. COOP was limited but the game play was what D2's expansion should have been. Having played G2 during Beta events, I can honestly say it is a huge advancement in online RPG's.

I too, am excited about GW2.

Cheers,
Tony

Top Bottom