• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Horror Story: 1984 announced, slasher summer camp theme

CyberPanda

Banned
With a short teaser video this morning, Ryan Murphy revealed that the title of the ninth season of “American Horror Story” is “American Horror Story: 1984,“ and based on the footage shown off, it appears to be something of a slasher-inspired season. Obviously, it’ll be set in ’84!

Consider us very, very interested…

We don’t know much about Season 9 at this time, but it has been confirmed by Ryan Murphy that Emma Roberts will be back, starring alongside Olympic medalist Gus Kenworthy.

Evan Peters will *not* be back for Season 9.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/35...tory-1984-title-falls-ninth-season-fx-series/

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Is there any irony in that exact year chosen, and the current social/political climate?

I will keep my eyes pealed for all the metaphors, innuendos, Easter eggs, etc..

TrainedRage

Banned
Hell yes. I have only skipped the Roanoke and Freak Show seasons, the rest I liked quite a bit with the last season being a standout. I loved the take on the 2016 election.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Hell yes. I have only skipped the Roanoke and Freak Show seasons, the rest I liked quite a bit with the last season being a standout. I loved the take on the 2016 election.

I've only seen the first season as well as the 2016 one because my friend wanted me to watch it with her, that was a crazy ride.

TrainedRage

Banned
I've only seen the first season as well as the 2016 one because my friend wanted me to watch it with her, that was a crazy ride.
You should check out Hotel. It's weird and kinda supernatural. Also you get to see Lady Gaga do some pretty decent acting and the main character is pretty cool.

bitbydeath

Gold Member

Roanoke is one of my fav seasons. Well probably third fav behind Murder House and the Asylum.

TrainedRage

Banned
Roanoke is one of my fav seasons. Well probably third fav behind Murder House and the Asylum.
How many episodes did it take you to get 'hooked' I watched the first episode and got about halfway into the second episode. I wasn't sure about the found footage and reenactments style they were going for.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
How many episodes did it take you to get 'hooked' I watched the first episode and got about halfway into the second episode. I wasn't sure about the found footage and reenactments style they were going for.

There’s a good twist maybe halfway through where they move on from the found footage.

Top Bottom