• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Horror Story Season 6 rumored to focus on Slender Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.usmagazine.com/entertain...ory-season-6-may-be-about-slender-man-w162561
American Horror Story writers are plotting their next scare. The FX drama’s sixth season will likely focus on Slender Man, a black-suited character (created as an internet meme in 2009) who stalks children, a source reveals in the new issue of Us Weekly.

“Someone else wrote the script, and AHS wants to adapt it to fit the show,” says the insider. “They have to buy the rights. Then they’re going to figure out the cast from there.”

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I suppose they could do a season focused around urban legends.

That would've been interesting, I guess.

I just want Season 6 to be good and not suck like most of the others outside of S1.

As mentioned already one that focused on urban legends would be rather cool. We get some glimpses of that in every few seasons. The first one had that Piggy Man (which did turn out to be false). If they did something in which the likes of Bloody Mary and what-not ended up real, it could be cool.

Hatchtag

Banned
I really hope that one day there'll be a good Slenderman movie/tv show. Just give me some good shots of some teenagers who are camping in or live near the woods, have them slowly dissappear one by one, and keep the audience scared through having a villain that, while easy to run away from, is still always there. Don't have him be some weird tentacle monster or someone who can pop up right behind you at any time. Just someone who you can run from, but can't hide from.

I didn't even realize it was already renewed again. First season I didn't watch was 5 after the god awful Freak Show and CW style Coven

Horror House is one of my favorite seasons of TV ever, and Asylum was fun. I probably would give a Slender Man themed show a chance.

shoreu

I didn't even realize it was already renewed again. First season I didn't watch was 5 after the god awful Freak Show and CW style Coven

Horror House is one of my favorite seasons of TV ever, and Asylum was fun. I probably would give a Slender Man themed show a chance.

Season 5 was pretty good it was much better than 4

I decided to give S5 a shot and it ended up being one of the better seasons by far. A complete 180 from Freak Show. I'm also shocked that with them having Lady Gaga on the show they were able to restrain themselves from doing a single musical number. They also toned down on the camp significantly.

Rue

1>>>>>>>>>>>>2>trash

Season 1 is still the only one to live up to the Horror part of American Horror Story for me. It has some legit creepy moments and a very eerie atmosphere, but the rest are mostly campy/goofy with mostly gross/freak out stuff.

I never finished S2, S3 was... entertaining, S4 was such a mismatch of ideas with some really great characters that get bogged down by awful ones, and I have yet to watch more than a few of S5.

Savitar

The plot line shall include Slender Man becoming a hoarder of all the dead he collects, gaining 300 pounds until eventually learning to let go of all the rotting carcasses he gets via the magic of reality TV. He instantly becomes slender again and kills everyone who made the reality TV show.

The End.

randome

Season 1 is still the only one to live up to the Horror part of American Horror Story for me. It has some legit creepy moments and a very eerie atmosphere, but the rest are mostly campy/goofy with mostly gross/freak out stuff.

Yeah, season 1 was easily the creepiest and most unsettling for me.

Symphonia

Banned
Having never watched a single episode of AHS, is it worth getting in to? I need a new show to watch, and I keep hearing all sorts about AHS.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Having never watched a single episode of AHS, is it worth getting in to? I need a new show to watch, and I keep hearing all sorts about AHS.

No. Though, Season 5 is the best. Season 2's "Name Game" scene is worth checking out if only because it's batshit insane compared to the rest of the season.

But honestly: No, none of them are worthwhile TV.

I can't get excited for this season given the cast and the turd this show has become.

But I'm a masochistic completionist who hates himself, apparently, so I'll surely watch it.

Hagi

I read that this is supposed to deal with that colony that disappeared in Roanoke so that could be cool I guess.

I can't get excited for this season given the cast and the turd this show has become.
This show has been garbage for a long time. I finally decided I had had enough, quitting last season. It had moments of greatness in the first two seasons, but it was always a bit choppy. Season 3 onward it started to descend into complete trash.

Jal

1>2>3>4>5

I want them to do a saw (cannibal) family.

Edit: Oh fuck yes, that trailer looks somewhat TCM like!

Pilgrimzero

I have yet to finish a season of this show. I love horror but I can only get about half a season in before I realize how shitty it is and give up.

Then a new season with fresh hope begins.

1>2>3>4>5

I want them to do a saw (cannibal) family.

Edit: Oh fuck yes, that trailer looks somewhat TCM like!

I like the cut of your jib. Murder House is by far the best.

Please note that I still haven't summed up the courage to watch Coven. I didn't have FX when it aired.

Asylum had lots of potential and had good moments. It was just a clusterfuck with too much going on and it didn't deliver.

1>>>>2>>>>>>>>5>>4

This show has been garbage for a long time. I finally decided I had had enough, quitting last season. It had moments of greatness in the first two seasons, but it was always a bit choppy. Season 3 onward it started to descend into complete trash.

I've considered giving up, but the completionist inside of me is making it difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom