• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Horror Story Season 6 rumored to focus on Slender Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may have been all over the place but I thoroughly enjoyed enjoyed it. Season 2 had this constant unsettling atmosphere and I loved it. I really enjoyed Freakshow as well, especially the parts with the clown, damn. I have no idea who the cast is. Is it similar to Hotel?

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Asylum was what,
aliens, the devil, a serial killer, and just plain mental patients
all in one? That was too much.
It was really great, it also had
Nazis
. Everything wrapped up really nicely.

They're all a clusterfuck. All of them.

The cool premise at the start of each season is always convoluted and ruined by the end.

Murder House was a great exception, though. The others are clusterfucks for sure, from what I've seen. As I said, I still need to see Coven.

Asylum started off well

Sheroking

Murder House was a great exception, though. The others are clusterfucks for sure, from what I've seen. As I said, I still need to see Coven.

Asylum started off well

I enjoyed the first half of Coven as well.

Even Season 1, I think, got a bit too out there with it's ghosts. I think some of that wackiness was overshadowed by a pretty good twist.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The first half of Coven and Freakshow were good, but just completely fall apart in their second halves and just get dull (Coven after the midseason
Zombie
episode, Freakshow once the
clown dies.
). Feel like they're stretched out too long, lose steam and don't know how to toe things together or develop their characters well or pace it nicely.

Season 1 was the best in my opinion, best atmosphere, pacing, story, and by far the best ending of the first four seasons, by like a country mile. Season 2 was fun, some like it more, I thought it was a little clustered as well and the ending was ehhh (but miles better than Season 3 & 4.)

I have heard that Season 5 (Hotel) was back in the realm of being good again, some people's actual favorite even. I should watch it sometime. I did like Scream Queens quite a bit more than I expected to.

2 > 5 > 1 >>> 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 4

After the lukewarm season 3, and dreadful season 4, I was very concerned about the show. Kind of felt like it had fallen off for good. But season 5 came storming back and now I'm as excited about the show as ever.

Gaga was such a fun addition to the cast.

Anyways : https://twitter.com/AHSFX/status/761630390369026048

EaMOnj2.png

Maybe an arachnophobia type of story this season? They also released this teaser. A bug infestation storyline could happen. They tend to use a few tropes every season, so obviously there would be other issues at hand.

I seem to recall that some people felt like they would eventually do "Boarding School" because some of the kids got sent to one last season.

Monocle

2 > 5 > 1 >>> 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 4

After the lukewarm season 3, and dreadful season 4, I was very concerned about the show. Kind of felt like it had fallen off for good. But season 5 came storming back and now I'm as excited about the show as ever.

Gaga was such a fun addition to the cast.

Anyways : https://twitter.com/AHSFX/status/761630390369026048

EaMOnj2.png

Maybe an arachnophobia type of story this season? They also released this teaser. A bug infestation storyline could happen. They tend to use a few tropes every season, so obviously there would be other issues at hand.

I seem to recall that some people felt like they would eventually do "Boarding School" because some of the kids got sent to one last season.
Couldn't agree more about season 5 and Gaga. Definitely my favorite season overall.

Not so keen on the bug direction, just because sometimes insect stuff genuinely grosses me out.

Slenderman is awesome though. They should go with that for S6's theme.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
im just now trying to watch S4. Its hard getting through the first episode. im going to power through it because ive heard S5 is good. Although S1 was the most focused of the ones ive seen i love S2 more because of how off the wall crazy it was. id say Coven was okay and it had its high moments but had some really low lows.

From that spider image it would be amazing if there were a 13 episode homage to Insect/Pest/Animal Armageddon movies like Kingdom of the Spiders, Killer Bees, and Day of the Animals. Doubtful such a thing would ever happen though.

Monocle

im just now trying to watch S4. Its hard getting through the first episode. im going to power through it because ive heard S5 is good. Although S1 was the most focused of the ones ive seen i love S2 more because of how off the wall crazy it was. id say Coven was okay and it had its high moments but had some really low lows.

From that spider image it would be amazing if there were a 13 episode homage to Insect/Pest/Animal Armageddon movies like Kingdom of the Spiders, Killer Bees, and Day of the Animals. Doubtful such a thing would ever happen though.
S4 has a decent payoff if you stick with it. Worst season though.

Couldn't agree more about season 5 and Gaga. Definitely my favorite season overall.

Not so keen on the bug direction, just because sometimes insect stuff genuinely grosses me out.

Slenderman is awesome though. They should go with that for S6's theme.

Heh well the bug thing is just a random guess. Nevertheless, grossing us out would be the point....:)

I doubt it happens, but even if it did, like I said, they usually use multiple tropes per season anyways. They could have Arachnophobia, Slenderman, Urban Legends, and probably a few other things all in one season.

Just to add more context to my own rankings earlier (2 > 5 > 1 >>> 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 4) :

Asylum had the best characters. Lana "Banana" Winters, Sister Mary, Sister Jude, the nazi doctor, the homophobic doctor, Kit, most of the Asylum characters...just a very strong assortment of personalities. Although the plot wasn't as tight (Lots of disconnected threads, sometimes barely even bleeding into one another), they actually wrapped each of them up extremely well. I really dug the idea of the Bloodyface/interview frame story.

Hotel had the tightest, most logical plotting. I actually felt like everything made sense for once....:) Liz Taylor, The Countess, and James March were the stand-out characters for me. My *only* gripe was that I thought that it wrapped up a little *too* saccharine. The other seasons all have a touch of sadness if not downright horror to their endings. Here, outside of the cop/killer not dying at the hotel and therefore only being able to visit his family once a year, they really seemed to go with a big happy family vibe.

Murder House had a classic setting and premise, and a relatively logical plot. The various ghost that show up in the house are arguably more intriguing than the ghost of Hotel. The biggest issue for me was the acting of the family leads. I felt like the side characters (Lange, the maid), had to carry this season because the family was so boring. I've no issues with them as people, but Mcdermott, Britton, and Farmiga can't hold a candle to some of the regulars that would later appear.

Coven actually aged a little better for me. It had its issues (Particularly when it came to character consistency), but it's not as bad I thought it was after its original airing. I think that many were just caught off guard by them going full-blown "young adult" and the audience just couldn't adjust to that (Especially considering that this came after the rather dark Asylum). Farmiga is 0 for 2 in regards to acting in this series. I *did* enjoy the older characters (Bassett/Bates were great additions, and Lange/Paulson were great as usual), and also thought the finale was fun. I'm glad that Murphy has Scream Queens now, so if he wants to revisit this tone, he can do it there.

Freak Show was a mess outside of a few of the performances (And even then, those same actors had better runs in other seasons ala Bates in Hotel or Bassett in Coven). I don't think that mixing in that American Psycho style sub-plot was appropriate for this setting, and they may have misread how popular Twisty would be, considering that he was killed off relatively early even though most really enjoyed him. I also think that NPH's puppeteer character should have been introduced earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom