• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

900.jpg

But it did! >:eek:

:'(

Lunar FC

It is seriously impossible to get the US 2015 kits in youth without having the fucking women's stars on it. Whose stupid idea was that?

Meier

Of note, a 17-year old dual US/German national LB Koray Easterling (Born in Frankfurt, but living in Biloxi, Mississippi. American father with a Turkish/German mother) has been on trial with Man City's youth team who've been training in Spain. Not entirely certain if he's with the EDS (U21) or the U18 squad as both have had "Trialists" in their squads during the games.

Here is a highlight video of him: https://youtu.be/K0751JBB2Rc

8332811_G.jpg

CKEndCRWwAEr7GS.jpg

Dartastic

The Portland Thorns game tonight against the Seattle Reign has officially sold out. 21,144 Thorns fans are going to be in attendance tonight. Pretty sure that's a record. Awesome. Can't wait to go.

Osorio

The Portland Thorns game tonight against the Seattle Reign has officially sold out. 21,144 Thorns fans are going to be in attendance tonight. Pretty sure that's a record. Awesome. Can't wait to go.

Sounds awesome.

I'm disappointed Red Bull had to strong-arm Sky Blue into become Red Bull Ladies if they wanted to use RBA. I'd go a Sky Blue game if I had a car. Piscataway is so expensive to get to by train.

Meier

^ Sky Blue is the worst name in American soccer now that Chivas USA is gone, though. If one of the NY MLS teams takes them over they would be crazy not to rebrand.

FC Dallas signs 23-year-old River Plate midfielder Ezequiel Cirigliano

Saw a story the other day that said Reyna had met with them or was going to. MCFC has a Women's team so it makes sense that NYC would start an NWSL team as well. Not sure if they'd move them from Jersey or what though.

Other new rumor was that NYC will form a B team in 2016 once their Wilmington deal is up.

Cirigliano was always a good signing in Football Manager some years back. Could be a great signing by Dallas.

xbhaskarx

I'm glad they put both the names and photos in an order that makes sense, unlike for the women where they just listed them alphabetically...

Lunar FC

I'm burning all my US gear tonight in a bonfire. I'm not even joking with y'all. Done.

I encourage all of you to join me.

Esch

Banned
I wonder what exactly it would take to get Klinsmann fired.

That Promethian bringing the football fire to us primitive Americans narrative is too strong

So for everyone on the #SackKlinsmann train, who do yall want to replace him?

Not even disagreeing necessarily, I'm just reticent to change for change's sake without knowing that my change would be for the better. I want to hear names of replacements.

Also question on what do yall think of the state of the program. Results (that matter) wise, the USMNT is pretty exactly where it was 4 years ago under Bradley. Scrappy, inspiring run in the WC ends in a heartbreaking loss in R16 followed by an ultimately embarrassing loss in the Gold Cup (this loss tonight was definitely worse than losing to Mexico in the final in 2011 though). Bradley was sacked months later. Klinsmann has a bunch of big friendly wins under his belt but where do you think the program is now compared to where it was when he took over?

Lunar FC

If people burned a jersey after every big loss there'd be no point in buying jerseys.

I have a 2006 Red Bulls jersey signed by Jozy to burn if you want to.

Might have to take you up on that offer, that way I wont lose my 'true supporter' title.

daegan

I'm burning all my US gear tonight in a bonfire. I'm not even joking with y'all. Done.

I encourage all of you to join me.

Not now, not ever. It's just a Gold Cup.

Not even disagreeing necessarily, I'm just reticent to change for change's sake without knowing that my change would be for the better. I want to hear names of replacements.

Also question on what do yall think of the state of the program. Results (that matter) wise, the USMNT is pretty exactly where it was 4 years ago under Bradley. Scrappy, inspiring run in the WC ends in a heartbreaking loss in R16 followed by an ultimately embarrassing loss in the Gold Cup (this loss tonight was definitely worse than losing to Mexico in the final in 2011 though). Bradley was sacked months later. Klinsmann has a bunch of big friendly wins under his belt but where do you think the program is now compared to where it was when he took over.

It's a hangover GC and a lot of this team is gone soon. Not making the final is unacceptable but I'm not worried about it. Think of how good Mexico was in 2011 and how awful they have been since.

But who do you replace Klinsmann with? I think he has to go on precedent but have no idea who I would put in there.

Esch

Banned

Also question on what do yall think of the state of the program. Results (that matter) wise, the USMNT is pretty exactly where it was 4 years ago under Bradley. Scrappy, inspiring run in the WC ends in a heartbreaking loss in R16 followed by an ultimately embarrassing loss in the Gold Cup (this loss tonight was definitely worse than losing to Mexico in the final in 2011 though). Bradley was sacked months later. Klinsmann has a bunch of big friendly wins under his belt but where do you think the program is now compared to where it was when he took over?

Allardyce.

troll-png.6481

As to that I honestly have no idea. Would/Should he stay as Technical Director if he is no longer the coach?

Mory Dunz

We used to have a great defense bur were horrible in possession.

Now we can keep the ball but have a bad defense and don't dominate set pieces like before.

I'd rather have this tbh. At least it's watchable....at times. More than before.

Esch

Banned
We were just so disorganized today. Just kept aimlessly bringing it through the right and hoping for something to happen.

Ugh.

mm04

We used to have a great defense bur were horrible in possession.

Now we can keep the ball but have a bad defense and don't dominate set pieces like before.

I'd rather have this tbh. At least it's watchable....at times. More than before.

I agree with this pretty much. I really hated the style of play before JK. I enjoyed some of the results, but the lack of possession and reliance on bunkering and long ball counters wasn't fun to watch. That still happens now, but not to the extent of the past. And the team, lucky or not, has posted some pretty historic results overseas. I'm not opposed to eventually making a coaching change, but I hope it's not an American former MLS'er, that's for sure.

Anyway, this loss was unacceptable, but they're still a match win away from claiming the Confed Cup birth regardless. I'm not burning flags either way.

Top Bottom