• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

You all should listen to the latest Double Pivot podcast: Stitcher has it here or you can listen on iTunes. It's a Q&A with some USMNT and Pulisic questions among other things, plus the first question is a very insightful one from a particularly handsome man. (skip to about 3:30)

Speaking of podcasts, are there any other ones out there that people are listening to? I usually listen to the Double Pivot and sometimes Grant Wahl's podcast if there's an interesting guest. I don't know of a good MLS one if people have any suggestions.

I've enjoyed the Mutant Gene Podcast, from Alexi Lalas. Haven't listened to it in a while, so I don't know if he even updates it lately, but it was good enough if you like him.

Cystm

You all should listen to the latest Double Pivot podcast: Stitcher has it here or you can listen on iTunes. It's a Q&A with some USMNT and Pulisic questions among other things, plus the first question is a very insightful one from a particularly handsome man. (skip to about 3:30)

Speaking of podcasts, are there any other ones out there that people are listening to? I usually listen to the Double Pivot and sometimes Grant Wahl's podcast if there's an interesting guest. I don't know of a good MLS one if people have any suggestions.

"Bless you, Cornballer, bless you." lolol

I am a fanboy of Doyles analysis and hot takes on Extratime Radio

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Zeiko Lewis may just make it to MLS by the summer if he keeps playing and improving at his current rate. A little more clinical from him and RBII would have won this, dude damn near put the team on his back. Can we trade him for Myul?

A non-league midweek match, not surprised it's sparse. I'm sure they don't do what Montreal did for their later Champions League matches and sell out the dome, either.

And Davies getting plenty of minutes tonight, with Shea off injured. He's apparently got Premier League scouts in the crowd tonight.

Icolin

Banned
giphy.gif

I am a fanboy of Doyles analysis and hot takes on Extratime Radio
I'll give it a shot. Thanks.
I've enjoyed the Mutant Gene Podcast, from Alexi Lalas. Haven't listened to it in a while, so I don't know if he even updates it lately, but it was good enough if you like him.
I listened to a few of them months ago. Lalas is connected and reasonably well informed, but I find his incessant trolling grates after a while.

- CONCACAF close to agreeing new 'League of Nations'
Plans for a new league competition for national teams in North and Central America and the Caribbean are set to be agreed on this weekend, the region's football chief has told Reuters.

CONCACAF president Victor Montagliani has been privately sounding out the 41 federations within the region regarding the 'League of Nations' plan, which would effectively eliminate friendlies.

Saturday's CONCACAF congress in Aruba will finalize the structure of the competition, which will include regional powerhouses the United States and Mexico.

The idea is similar to UEFA's plan for a Nations League in Europe, which will replace friendly games and is due to start in September, 2018.

"There has been overwhelming acceptance that it is a great idea and the way we need to go. There are a few formats that we have looked at and we have had various members coming back with ideas. We have a format that we have landed on and we will show it to our members first," Montagliani said in a telephone interview.

The Canadian said once that format had been agreed on then the organization would look to bring in sponsors and broadcast partners.

"We need to look at what needs to happen in the next little bit for us to be able to monetize this and execute it in a timely fashion," he said.

"From a football and technical side for me it is a no-brainer, but now the next evolution is the business side of it. But at the congress we want to finalize the technical side of it."

The new UEFA league means that top teams in CONCACAF will have little or no opportunities for friendly games against European opposition.

"What people need to realize is that the world of friendlies is going to change, with Europe changing to the Nations League, it is going to get harder to get friendlies," said Montagliani who believes that will be no great loss.

"The truth of the matter is that a lot of the friendlies our nations play, including the bigger nations, are a waste of time, let’s be honest, a lot of them are not quality. You are better off playing a game that actually means something (even) against an opponent, that on paper anyway, may not be as good," he said.

- ESPNFC: United States to face Venezuela and Ghana in friendlies - sources
The United States national team will play friendlies against Venezuela in early June and Ghana in July, multiple sources told ESPN FC.

The Americans will take on the Venezuelans on June 3 at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy, Utah, ahead of their high-stakes June 8 World Cup qualifier against Trinidad and Tobago in suburban Denver, which was announced by U.S. Soccer earlier this week. The site of the game was previously reported by the Washington Post.

U.S. Soccer picked the high-altitude location of both matches to help prepare Bruce Arena's team for a June 11 qualifier in the thin air of Mexico City, which sits 7,400 feet above sea level.

The Americans have never won a competitive match there against El Tri, though they have a win and a draw in their last two visits to Estadio Azteca, including a scoreless draw en route to the 2014 World Cup. The lone American win on Mexican soil came in a 2012 friendly.

Following the two June qualifiers, the national team will turn its attention to July's CONCACAF Gold Cup.

The U.S. will face World Cup nemesis Ghana in a July 1 tune-up at Rentschler Field in East Harford, Connecticut, before group stage games against Panama, Martinique and Nicaragua, which qualified for the biannual regional championship by upsetting Haiti last week.

- Sciaretta: Which Players Deserve a Shot in the 2017 Gold Cup?

Talks a bit about Acosta, Hyndman, Arriola, Roldan, etc... Should be a fun roster if some of these guys get included.

Weekend games:

Friday:
10:30 p.m.: Los Angeles Galaxy vs. Montreal Impact Direct Kick, MLS Live

Saturday:
2 p.m.: Chicago Fire vs. Columbus Crew Direct Kick, MLS Live
2 p.m.: New England Revolution vs. Houston Dynamo Direct Kick, MLS Live
4 p.m.: D.C. United vs. New York City FC UniMas, Univision Deportes, fuboTV, Univision Now, Univision Deportes Facebook page, univisiondeportes.com
7 p.m.: Philadelphia Union vs. Portland Timbers Direct Kick, MLS Live
7:30 p.m.: Toronto FC vs. Atlanta United Direct Kick, MLS Live
8 p.m.: FC Dallas vs. Minnesota United Direct Kick, MLS Live
9:30 p.m.: Real Salt Lake vs. Vancouver Whitecaps Direct Kick, MLS Live
10:30 p.m.: San Jose Earthquakes vs. Seattle Sounders Direct Kick, MLS Live

Sunday:
4 p.m.: Orlando City vs. New York Red Bulls ESPN, ESPN Deportes, WatchESPN, ESPN3.com
7 p.m.: Sporting Kansas City vs. Colorado Rapids FS1, Fox Deportes, fuboTV, Fox Sports Go, foxsoccer2go.com

Talks a bit about Acosta, Hyndman, Arriola, Roldan, etc... Should be a fun roster if some of these guys get included.

Roldan has been so freaking good. I was pretty down on him a year or two back, but last season his game stepped up a couple notches and so far this season? I think there's times he's looked like the best player on the field for the Sounders, which considering some of the other players on the roster is really impressive.

Cystm

New Orlando Pride kit is beautiful. They also signed Marta officially.

https://spark.adobe.com/page/qv9ebwriq5Xij/

Massive signing for them. Kaka and Marta in the same city is a beautiful thing.

EDIT: They are looking into the audio issues with MLS Live if anyone else is watching the (late)Friday match LAvMTL EDIT 2: Audio fix is coming at the half. EDIT 3: Should be fixed now (you might need to refresh)

Also, speaking of NWSL

This kit and this photo is 100% dope af. CRS lookin like they are going to drop the hottest mix tap of 2017. Kit is already on the way.

Ref made eye contact with me for a good minute as he walked into the tunnel.

Was calling him a piece of garbage like usual. Dude is awful. I could do better and I'm pretty drunk right now

If Toronto could finish even 25% of their chances they'd have 4 wins. This should be 5-1.

Edit: This should be 10-1. A homeless person off the street could have finished these.

RBH

I'll gladly take that point.

Back-to-back weeks of taking points from the MLS Cup finalists on the road? I'll take it

Top Bottom