• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Blue Lou

A NASL team (Miami FC) and NPSL team (Stockade FC) have filed a complaint to th Court of Arbitration for Sport to request that US Soccer implement promotion and relegation.

They claim FIFA requires it's members to have promotion and relegation (They don't)
and that Australia and USA are the only members not to have it (They aren't, New Zealand is another from the top of my head, Australia has it in the regional lower tiers).

Cup82TP.jpg

24 page document here: http://files.constantcontact.com/b0c17dbc501/5ed14321-db4b-4899-baa5-593e3d3c4adf.pdf

FIFA Statutes

PrRUa2Y.png

(Franchise rights are covered in 9.2)

Askani

People that blindly want Pro/Rel don't understand the realities at play. If you want MLS to collapse and go back to the dark days of soccer in the US before it, then by all means institute Pro/Rel today.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Bleh, the reddit and Twitter reaction to this is going to insufferable

Yeah, it's going as expected.

People that blindly want Pro/Rel don't understand the realities at play. If you want MLS to collapse and go back to the dark days of soccer in the US before it, then by all means institute Pro/Rel today.

I don't understand. Why right now? It's baffling.

Anyways, bought my flight for Cincy for the USOC semifinal. Last time I went to Ohio for a semifinal, things went...poorly.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah, it's going as expected.

I don't understand. Why right now? It's baffling.

Anyways, bought my flight for Cincy for the USOC semifinal. Last time I went to Ohio for a semifinal, things went...poorly.

I imagine Leicester winning the premier league has something to do with it. Everyone wants their team to be the little guy that can secretly hang with the big boys. The owners on the other hand don't want to pay the entrance fee, they just want to reap the benefits.

I wish I could afford to go out for the semifinal. I'll just have to watch from home, hope we win, then go to the final.

kIdMuScLe

I know that if Pro/rel was implemented in the MLS right now I would drop the sport. I don't want that crap. Is a sorry system to me and I won't support a league who uses it

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I'd like Pro/Rel right now so DC United would be relegated. It's hard rooting for such a bad team that also has the worst front office/ownership in the league.

zroid

Banned
I'm a fan of pro rel but I don't think it's a good fit for soccer in the US right now. I also believe that you would have to pretty much abolish the salary cap to make it feasible at all, which isn't realistic atm.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm a fan of pro rel but I don't think it's a good fit for soccer in the US right now. I also believe that you would have to pretty much abolish the salary cap to make it feasible at all, which isn't realistic atm.

That and the fact the NASL is hanging on by the skin of it's teeth.

RBH

Some welcome news for Atlanta United fans this morning in regards to the injury status of left back Greg Garza. In a radio interview on the 92.9 Morning Show with John and Hugh, Technical Director Carlos Bocanegra said Garza will only be out of action for 7-10 days. That means the U.S. international defender is only expected to miss one match, the showdown against Sporting Kansas City this Sunday.
https://www.atlutd.com/post/2017/08...share_button&utm_campaign=social_share_button

Whew

I called a red card a few minutes before it happened. This game was due for one.

Jozy needs to come off for Ricketts if we don't score soon, it's not his night. And maybe Delgado off for Edwards, too.

Icolin

Banned
I called a red card a few minutes before it happened. This game was due for one.

Jozy needs to come off for Ricketts if we don't score soon, it's not his night. And maybe Delgado off for Edwards, too.

Delgado plays centrally, whereas Edwards plays wide, so I'm not sure if that should/will happen.

Icolin

Banned
Good debut from Hasler. Can play right wing back or central mid, so he's at least going to be a valuable utility player. Great technical ability.

Icolin

Banned
Yikes. 4-0 for Seattle at Minnesota.

Boxall has looked awful. As I've said before: there's a reason we let him go back in 2011; he's really bad. If he couldn't cut it back then, when the league was worse, why on earth would MNUFC think he could cut it now? Baffling.

EDIT (extended thoughts on MNUFC): They really reminds me of the Whitecaps when we first came into MLS: decent going forward, but dreadful at the back, and the team's full of guys that can't cut it at the MLS level. Hopefully, like we did the year after, MNUFC needs to make significant changes in the offseason. MNUFC has a good core (CR21, Calvo, Thiesson, Molino, Burch, Cronin, Ibarra), but they need 2 or 3 TAM/DP level players to get to the next level. Hope it happens.

On another note: it seems like DCU have signed Hungary international CM/winger Zoltan Stieber.

Top Bottom