• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Icolin

Banned
Oh shit, that was tonight. I'll have to catch that first episode online.

It's definitely more off the pitch stuff than on the pitch stuff. The stuff that's on the pitch is filmed really, really well, and the off the pitch stuff is generally interesting.

It's way better than I thought it would be. Although stuff like characters saying "the MLS" as opposed to "MLS" kinda irked me.

Icolin

Banned
Impact signed Samuel Piette for 3 years

Not official yet, but it's being reported by a lot of the Montreal media.

Good signing from the Impact's point of view. He's 22, and adds youth to an aging midfield.

But in my opinion, I think he should've taken the offers he got from Spain and Belgium instead.

Regardless, any Canadian player signing somewhere that they can get playing time, at a higher level, is a positive.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah, I'll admit I haven't seen anything of them before this game, but they aren't really blowing me away right now.

Miami looks to be the more dangerous team, but so long as Poku is covered they shouldn't pose much of a threat. Even if he's not, they're not that great in the final third anyway.

Icolin

Banned
Starting 11s for the All Star game:

DGQwtm1UMAErT1m.jpg

Dartastic

Kinda wanna watch this All Star Game but my girlfriend said we should go to the river and it's 102 degrees out in Portland. So yeah. River it is.

Icolin

Banned
No Canadian anthem. Of course. Although that's probably a good thing. Wouldn't want my anthem to be butchered like that guy just butchered the American anthem.

Giovinco has played well, I'm finding. Bradley doing Bradley things.

Glad FCC won that game, I want them in the final.

And that Adidas deal is massive, I also saw this:
"One news nugget from Don Garber's presser today: League weighing lifting $650k cap on allocation from transfer fees. (1/2)"

"Provides more incentive for owners to continue spending on HGs and academies. Garber said "fair and reasonable" to make that request (2/2)"

That'd be great, that plus all the potential new allocation money. Yum.

Top Bottom