• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Icolin

Banned
Deal is almost done for Dwyer to @OrlandoCitySC. Details: $600-650k allocation $$ with potential of it being $1.3M!! @MLS history!

https://twitter.com/TaylorTwellman/status/889893418285113344

#SportingKC has agreed to trade Dom Dwyer to Orlando City SC in exchange for $1.6 million in allocation money, $700K of which is incentives.

https://twitter.com/SamMcDowell11/status/889899830033752064

giphy.gif

Icolin

Banned
I wonder what this means for their line-up.

From what people are saying (and from what I've heard), Larin's going to stay at Orlando for the rest of the year at least. A Dwyer and Larin duo up top could be deadly.

As for SKC, I'm sure they have a replacement lined up; possibly Nemeth?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
From what people are saying (and from what I've heard), Larin's going to stay at Orlando for the rest of the year at least. A Dwyer and Larin duo up top could be deadly.

As for SKC, I'm sure they have a replacement lined up; possibly Nemeth?

Probably. This move is probably because Orlando is planning to sell Larin soon.

Icolin

Banned
Join our CEO @AlexLeitao for a massive announcement here on Twitter LIVE at 2pm.

https://twitter.com/OrlandoCitySC/status/889904970581114880

HOLY SHIT IT'S HAPPENING

9wGMD.gif

Also, Jeff Carlisle has an article on ESPNFC with more details on the Dwyer trade, as well as Cyle Larin stuff.

About Larin:

Meanwhile, Orlando has no intention of moving forward Cyle Larin this season to make room for Dwyer, a league source told ESPN FC's Jeff Carlisle, though another source said there are three offers on the table for the Canadian forward.

It is in Orlando's interest to wait until the end of the season to move Larin. According to MLS roster rules, waiting until the end of the 2017 campaign will see Orlando secure two-thirds of any transfer fee, as opposed to one-half if he were to leave now.

Askani

b2kwFs.gif

Quick and Dirty. I wish I had better GIFing skills. I'd add Dom's face to the plate, add an SKC logo on Ron and an Orlando one on the waiter. Stole the idea from somewhere but not sure where.

Blockbuster trade. I suppose that makes sense from either perspective. I don't think he'll remain in MLS too much longer if he keeps on scoring.

In other news:
Steven Goff said:
Several MLS teams taking interest in #USMNT MF @JoeCorona15. Age: 27. Caps: 20. Aligned with Tijuana since 2010.

- MLS Analyst: USMNT cross Jamaica up and claim Gold Cup title
The wild and sometimes reckless Bradley of the Jurgen Klinsmann years is long gone. He controlled every bit of this game, just as he did the previous two, with his vision, understanding of angles, and his understanding of his teammates' strengths and weaknesses.

It's now been 840 minutes (14 hours) with Bradley on the field at d-mid under Arena. The US have conceded one open play goal in that time. He has brought peace to the midfield, and it shows even if nobody's really talking about it.

When a No. 6 does things right, most people won't be sure they've done anything at all.

- Sacramento Bee: Big step in Sacramento’s Major League Soccer bid
In an attempt to convince Major League Soccer that its expansion bid is far beyond the competition, the group leading Sacramento’s effort will announce Thursday it is beginning pre-construction activities at the site of a 19,621-seat stadium in the downtown railyard.

Construction crews will be working in the railyard for the next several weeks, adding and leveling soil to the 14.6-acre stadium site in the northeast corner of the development. The team’s goal is to complete the first phase before wet weather arrives, allowing for the soil to settle and crews to begin vertical construction in the spring. Republic FC officials compared the initial phase to the demolition of the former Downtown Plaza that made way for the eventual construction of Golden 1 Center.

The pre-construction work – being called a “Ground Making” – will place Republic FC on a realistic timeline to finish the stadium in time for the 2020 MLS season. Team officials said the first phase is expected to cost millions of dollars.
MLS is expected to announce two expansion awards by December. Sacramento is one of 12 cities vying for those spots and has long been considered one of the front-runners to join the nation’s premier professional soccer league.

If Sacramento loses out, the next construction phase would not begin in spring.
They seem to be in good shape as far as the expansion awards go, though this is nonetheless a little ballsy.

Icolin

Banned
Some dude on Vancouver radio said that Davies "needs more ice time" to Carl Robinson. Carl Robinson then questions this guy's soccer knowledge, and the host gets upset.

No joke.

Dartastic

Welp guys, I guess I'm never going to my favorite soccer bar ever again. Went there last night and managed to catch the last 30 minutes of the Gold Cup final, and I kinda got into an argument with the owner after telling him he raised his prices too much.

I'm a genuine regular. I know the bartenders by name. I know other customers that go there by name. On my way out, I politely told the owner, an older, kinda pervy Bosnian man who I also know by name, that $7 bucks (before tip, and i'm not going to stiff my bartender) was too high for a pint of beer and he was gonna lose business. He started yelling and cursing at me. I even told him that I liked him and his bar, and I was just trying to give him some friendly insight. He then started yelling at me that "he doesn't give a shit if I like him" and that I can fuck off, basically. So I'm going to do that, because a) fuck paying 7 bucks for a pint, no matter how good the atmosphere is and b) I'm a goddamn regular customer, and fuck getting yelled at (literally yelled at) like that.

Sucks, though. I love that bar. :(

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Welp guys, I guess I'm never going to my favorite soccer bar ever again. Went there last night and managed to catch the last 30 minutes of the Gold Cup final, and I kinda got into an argument with the owner after telling him he raised his prices too much.

I'm a genuine regular. I know the bartenders by name. I know other customers that go there by name. On my way out, I politely told the owner, an older, kinda pervy Bosnian man who I also know by name, that $7 bucks (before tip, and i'm not going to stiff my bartender) was too high for a pint of beer and he was gonna lose business. He started yelling and cursing at me. I even told him that I liked him and his bar, and I was just trying to give him some friendly insight. He then started yelling at me that "he doesn't give a shit if I like him" and that I can fuck off, basically. So I'm going to do that, because a) fuck paying 7 bucks for a pint, no matter how good the atmosphere is and b) I'm a goddamn regular customer, and fuck getting yelled at (literally yelled at) like that.

Most places are $7 a beer though. You can only afford to go cheaper if you've got the volume.

Yeah unfortunately 7 is fairly standard for places near civilization.

Of course the dude should've handled it much better than that. That's not any way to take complaints or suggestions at all. I wouldn't go for that reason alone.

zroid

Banned

That seems like a perfectly reasonable response by the owner
if someone were literally assaulting him and/or his customers

Dartastic

Most places are $7 a beer though. You can only afford to go cheaper if you've got the volume.

Yeah unfortunately 7 is fairly standard for places near civilization.

Of course the dude should've handled it much better than that. That's not any way to take complaints or suggestions at all. I wouldn't go for that reason alone.
Not in Portland it's not. I can go to another bar (admittedly not a soccer bar) on the SAME BLOCK and get a similar if not better beer for $5.
That seems like a perfectly reasonable response by the owner
if someone were literally assaulting him and/or his customers
Yep. It was shitty as hell. This place was like my Cheers, man. :(

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Top Bottom