• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Meier

I still have no idea why the US puts out these roster lists in this format. At least list their names in something resembling an order...whether it's alphabetical or in something that actually resembles the formation. Drives me crazy.

DIq4dopXUAEkOP5.jpg

Mory Dunz

even jozy is beating people.

After watching US soccer for so long, it's really weird to have a team with better dribblers than the opposition. Really weird.

....but we're losing.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
even jozy is beating people.

After watching US soccer for so long, it's really weird to have a team with better dribblers than the opposition. Really weird.

....but we're losing.

I think it's the passing in the final third, it's just not there.

EDIT: I think Wood comes out for Dempsey and Ream comes out for someone after the half.

gutshot

This.

Howard was just as much to blame on the goal though. Play one step to the right and he blocks it.

This is what I saw too. Ream did a terrible job at first, but recovered to force the CR player out wide enough to make it an easy stop for Howard. Him getting beat from that sharp an angle shouldn't happen.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ream screwed up on that one initially, but there's no reason Howard shouldn't have stopped that shot from that angle.

Mory Dunz

Howard should'be reacted better, but the shot was basically at the post. Ream gets more of the blame. That shot should've been blocked. I dunno how Urena created space on him.

Lkr

I think it's the first time the US has been down under Arena and they need the 3 points from this game.

and it is still only a one goal difference. espn halftime made it sound like a foregone conclusion Costa Rica would go on to win. i'm very cynical as well about the USMNT but why does the commentary have to be so negative...down one...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
and it is still only a one goal difference. espn halftime made it sound like a foregone conclusion Costa Rica would go on to win. i'm very cynical as well about the USMNT but why does the commentary have to be so negative...down one...

I dunno, but Arena does need to make some changes. Sooner would be better.

EDIT: This free kick looks like a gimme for the no-call on Jozy last half.

Mory Dunz

Should Johnson be subbed and nagbe go out wide?

Nagbe has been really good through the middle though. But I feel johnson has to to be the one to come off. Everyone else has been decent.

Defense really isn't that important to the US huh?

Stupid.

How many times has Cameron given the ball away? Fricken defenders need to stop being STUPID.

Cystm

This ref is garbage. Both sides of the ball he isn't calling anything that should be called and is missing everything else.

Mory Dunz

Yedlin isn't a great RB, but he'd made Villafana and Zusi look foolish.

And Brooks has the highest highs of our CBs....and sometimes the lowest lows. Well, maybe not lowest

Mory Dunz

Eff, Wood should've attacked that cross.

Um, commentators, the game hasn't changed that much since Dempsey's come on. We did get a shot on target though I suppose.

Top Bottom