• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Ream has been bad, but Cameron has given the ball away a LOT tonight and is probably the main reason the US lost tonight.

He's done it 4 times tonight. Given the ball away.

Cystm

Cameron and Ream are a couple of shit heels at the back together.

Arena fucked up. Never should have started these two in the back together. Two times they've have played CB together (This one is the second) Fine, you gave it a shot. Suck it up and sub him the fuck out. Never should've left Ream in after the first half.

Marco fucking Urena gets a brace in WCQ against the US.

Duece lost the plot.

This whole match is a fucking joke.

5 minutes of stoppage time.

I'm not going to be on the USA bandwagon until the US produces a defensive player that is my favorite player on the team. Manchester United has two under 20s that are way better defenders than anyone I've seen on the US squad. Yedlin is OK...but he's a poor man's Kyle Walker.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm not going to be on the USA bandwagon until the US produces a defensive player that is my favorite player on the team. Manchester United has two under 20s that are way better defenders than anyone I've seen on the US squad. Yedlin is OK...but he's a poor man's Kyle Walker.

There's some good, young defenders in the system but none of them are in this group for whatever reason.

I only blame Arena's for not bringing in better defenders (I know guys are hurt). The squad looks good except for the back four.

And Tim Howard can't be the best keeper in the entirety of the United States. He just can't be.
No one has stepped up. Guzan still makes more mistakes than old man Howard

Mory Dunz

Darke keeps calling Arriola Morris.

Maybe his teamsheet is wrong

Dempsey being stupid as usual. Him Wood, Altidore have really bad tempers.
Bradley used to but he's mellowed out

Fireblend

Banned
Costa_Rica.gif
Costa_Rica.gif
Costa_Rica.gif

Darke keeps calling Arriola Morris.

Maybe his teamsheet is wrong

Dempsey being stupid as usual. Him Wood, Altidore have really bad tempers.
Bradley used to but he's mellowed out

Their fight is what I'd expect the USA fullbacks and centerbacks to have. Yeah, be smart about it, but OWN your position. The US defense is too damn soft.

My daughter has been playing soccer 9 years. She plays CDM, and is generally the fastest player on the pitch, tenacious, and always wins the 50 - 50 balls.

The US defense hasn't shown man ANY player that plays defense like my almost 14 year old daughter.

I don't get this. Piss me the F**K off.

And whoever scheduled this game at THAT stadium with all those Costa Rica fans should be fired immediately.

Quixzlizx

This game was so miserable to watch. It's one thing to be outclassed by a better side, but all of those missed passes and possession giveaways were a total joke.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Can he get Miazga in here or something? If our defenders are going to be this shit we may as well play talented younger guys who can put players like Villa in their back pockets and hope their skill and athleticism can make up the experience gap.

Oh..and I call bullshit that in this country we can't find a better keeper than Tim Howard.

Soccer is so fricken political.

Sadly Howard's been a step above everyone who would take his job so far.

Yuck.

Zusi the best of the 4 backs lol. Players like Cameron and Johnson were being counted on today and they stunk it up.

EDIT - Howard gifted them the first goal too.

Top Bottom