• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
That was so Metro it physically hurt me.

Goal off a setpiece, Owen Goal betraying us after a long absence, and BWP picking Clark's face as target practice instead the rest of the net. Man, that was rough.

Veron and Adams were mint, though. Royer looked like he was in the same form as before the injury in his appearance. We need Collin back.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Goal off a setpiece, Owen Goal betraying us after a long absence, and BWP picking Clark's face as target practice instead the rest of the net. Man, that was rough.

Veron and Adams were mint, though. Royer looked like he was in the same form as before the injury in his appearance. We need Collin back.

Colin's injury is the one that hurts the most. If we get him back I like our chances against anyone in this league, without him this keeps happening. I wish we could get Baah back at least.

Adams has looked crazy good these last few weeks, if he keeps going at this rate some team from Europe is going to buy him for $50 million.

EDIT: I'll also say Jesse needs to figure out how to get Veron and BWP out there at the same time without sacrificing the defense.

382c467957b90451959010aa65bde02d.jpg

Woooo

USMNT roster:
Here is the 26-man squad, which will kick off training camp in Orlando ahead of Friday's qualifier at Orlando City Stadium:

GOALKEEPERS: Brad Guzan (Atlanta United FC), Tim Howard (Colorado Rapids), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)

DEFENDERS: DaMarcus Beasley (Houston Dynamo), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Omar Gonzalez (Pachuca), Michael Orozco (Club Tijuana), Tim Ream (Fulham), Jorge Villafaña (Santos Laguna), DeAndre Yedlin (Newcastle United), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)

MIDFIELDERS: Kellyn Acosta (FC Dallas), Juan Agudelo (New England Revolution), Paul Arriola (D.C. United), Alejandro Bedoya (Philadelphia Union), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), Benny Feilhaber (Sporting Kansas City), Dax McCarty (Chicago Fire), Darlington Nagbe (Portland Timbers), Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund), Gyasi Zardes (LA Galaxy)

FORWARDS: Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC), Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders FC), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes), Bobby Wood (Hamburg)

Wonderful performance by TFC last night, and now it's mathematically ours, finally! Domestic double is done, we just need the treble now!

Askani

Yeah! More Wondo! I'm so excited Wondo is on this roster again! All Wondo All the time! Just start Wondo, leave the other 10 off!

This is Beasley's 5th World Cup involvement. Here's to 5 more!

And we get some sweet Zardes in there. I hear he's inured though and my pull out? I hope not because I want to keep doing the same thing over and over again and hope something different happens.

Cystm

Yeah! More Wondo! I'm so excited Wondo is on this roster again! All Wondo All the time! Just start Wondo, leave the other 10 off!

This is Beasley's 5th World Cup involvement. Here's to 5 more!

And we get some sweet Zardes in there. I hear he's injured though and my pull out? I hope not because I want to keep doing the same thing over and over again and hope something different happens.

Bruce is being a jackass. Fuck your courtesy call ups to camp. Better luck next year for Zardes. Beasley and Wondo? I get it man, you're loyal, but it's time to let these guys go home and be family men.

Beasley is done. Both in MLS and for damn sure the national team. Wondo has been good in MLS (again) but, hasn't been good on the national stage since "Wondowlowski" in 2010.

Tim Ream might be okay now that he won't have to set foot in RBA anymore but kinda should've passed on him too.

Zardes dropped because of injury. Will not be replaced per reports. If Feilhaber sees significant minutes it is the closest you will see to Arena admitting he fucked up the squad selections.

In other news, Mexico called in their A team. I guess they want to win the HEX. Or maybe stick it to Honduras. Or both. Or Osorio.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Zardes dropped because of injury. Will not be replaced per reports. If Feilhaber sees significant minutes it is the closest you will see to Arena admitting he fucked up the squad selections.

In other news, Mexico called in their A team. I guess they want to win the HEX. Or maybe stick it to Honduras. Or both. Or Osorio.

More like he needs someone in Fabian Johnson's spot and Benny can play there.

Mexico needs to win this given the team and the country's expectations.

More like he needs someone in Fabian Johnson's spot and Benny can play there.

If he is cover than I agree. But if he gets plugged in as a direct replacement I would hope someone would ask Arena why he was not on previous rosters.

It also looks like Johnson is fit, so he may have entered the Chandler zone.

Quixzlizx

If he is cover than I agree. But if he gets plugged in as a direct replacement I would hope someone would ask Arena why he was not on previous rosters.

It also looks like Johnson is fit, so he may have entered the Chandler zone.

Is that the zone where Arena views non-American born/non-MLS players like cancer?

Chris R

They could play in the NFL stadium for a few years, it's not in the worst location and would work decently enough with the upper bowls closed off.

But I'd hope they would be looking at getting something permanent setup?

They could play in the NFL stadium for a few years, it's not in the worst location and would work decently enough with the upper bowls closed off.

But I'd hope they would be looking at getting something permanent setup?
There's a stadium plan and everything. I would hope MLS will give teams enough time to get a stadium actually going instead of temporary situations again.

Chris R

There's a stadium plan and everything. I would hope MLS will give teams enough time to get a stadium actually going instead of temporary situations again.

Stadium looks good enough, shame it looks like it would be pretty far away from stuff when walking. I always prefer getting to stadiums by foot now if I can when they are surrounded by good food and drink options.

But maybe it's a case of if they build it, they will come?

Stadium looks good enough, shame it looks like it would be pretty far away from stuff when walking. I always prefer getting to stadiums by foot now if I can when they are surrounded by good food and drink options.

But maybe it's a case of if they build it, they will come?

At least it's not in Frisco.

Top Bottom