• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Nice cross from Finley. Nice to see that after Vincent fluffed his last five crosses. Vincent has looked solid otherwise.

Really wish they'd try a 3-man midfield with Bradley-Nagbe and someone else. (D-mid for more difficult games or an a-mid for easier games.)

Cystm

Vincent has looked solid otherwise.

Really wish they'd try a 3-man midfield with Bradley-Nagbe and someone else. (D-mid for more difficult games or an a-mid for easier games.)

I liked what I saw from the kid. Gives me some.. what do you call that? Oh, right.. "optimism" for Chicago.

3 man for me would be Nagbe - MB - Nguyen. Nagbe was so hungry when he came on. Start the fucking guy already. Nguyen looked good too.

Edit: Bingham did well, too.

3 man for me would be Nagbe - MB - Nguyen. Nagbe was so hungry when he came on. Start the fucking guy already. Nguyen looked good too.
Yeah, I'd be fine with Nguyen in there for a more offensive set or Cameron as a d-mid if you're going against someone tough. Put Altidore up top and two wingers (take your pick from Zardes, Morris, Finlay, Kiesewetter, Bedoya, etc...) with him.

What was with the pathetic crowd attendance at the game? It was embarrassing.

What's worse is that I actually tried getting tickets yesterday and the cheapest tickets were around the $50 range. If they knew the stands were going to be that empty, they should have been giving away tickets at $10-25 a pop. Or just flat out give away tickets for free to the local youth clubs. I'd like to have more USMNT team games in SoCal, but if we can't even fill a soccer specific stadium, then the games will continue to go to the east coast. [/rant]

As for the game itself, meh... I'm glad Nygen got some good playing time but I'd like to see Nagbe play more. Jermaine Jones was pretty much a waste of space. No reason he should be out there. Zardes showed tonight that he has a pretty low-ceiling. He has a good soccer mind and a strong work rate, but his touch continues to fail him. And at the age of 24, I don't see it getting much better.

And sorry, I'm not onboard the Jordan Morris hype-train. He just seems like a Jozy v1.5. He has strong upper body strength and a good nose for the goal, but his technique lags behind most international players his age. He also has a weak left-foot and is not really an imaginative player. Obviously he has potential since he just officially turned Pro 2 minutes ago. But again at 21, he's young but he's about 2-3 years behind and his formative years are just about over. He'll improve tactically but his technical foundation will be set.

I guess I have to wait another 4-5 years for the Christian Pulisics to come up through our system and then we'll really see the next generation of American players. Zardes, Yedlin, and Morris seem like stopgap transitional players in a weak talent pool. All three lean heavily toward "PhysicalityPower//Speed" rather than technical skill, touch, and creativity.

Cystm

fckcVm3.png

SKC's kit is glorious. I think I might have to purchase one of those.

Also, my Dad's friend's grandson's youth soccer team gets to walk out with the Red Bulls opening day. I'm very jealous. If he walks out with Dax, so help me.

ngower

Where's the gif of the guy slowly putting a gun to his head? Cause that's me right now.

Fortunately we can still sign JJ. Unfortunately, he looked like dogshit during the USMNT friendlies and is going to be suspended for a chunk of time. If I'm Burns I sign JJ to a one year contract with a two year option.

Cystm

Double PASS and its plan to change U.S. Soccer

The company that helped turn Germany into a world champion and Belgium into the current top-ranked team in the world is now working with the United States. Double PASS, an offshoot of the University of Brussels Department of Sport Management, is a group of the most detailed football auditors on the planet. By mid-2017, every Major League Soccer franchise and each member of the U.S. Soccer Development Academy will go through its process, which started in August 2015.

The results will not be as quick or even as effective as in Germany or Belgium, but these guys will make a positive impact on the sport in this country.

Such is life...

I wonder if the Revs have any leeway in this contract or if it is set in stone?

The contract is whatever. He's only 26, and really should only miss a couple months of it. Would be worth keeping.

I mean it's not like they're gonna fill up their DP slots anyway

ZZMitch

The contract is whatever. He's only 26, and really should only miss a couple months of it. Would be worth keeping.

I mean it's not like they're gonna fill up their DP slots anyway

True. I wonder if this means he will be traveling to New England much earlier then expected tho, I bet the Revs trainers/medical people would like to be working with him ASAP

Top Bottom