• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

America's favorite country is ... Canada!!! Mexico...not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadedx

Banned
I plan to move to Canada in a few years.

The only thing I don't like about Canada is the cold and the Canadians.

Natetan

Doesn't supris me. When inwas a kid it seemed like America jr, but in theist 10years or so seems like they've taken th pOlitical agenda dems in the us have and have actually been able to realize it.

Canadians are usually really easy to work with. More so than Americans or Australians.

<---- Loves Canada. Loves Ellen Page.

Mexico's rating...I hope it's not xenophobia/racism. Hopefully it's just all the drug cartel stuff going on.

FO3_loading_screen_Capitol_Post_3.png

Josh7289

<---- Loves Canada. Loves Ellen Page.

Mexico's rating...I hope it's not xenophobia/racism. Hopefully it's just all the drug cartel stuff going on.

It's probably both racism and the drug cartel problem. The drop in the past few years is probably because of the drug cartels, while any unfavorable views that existed before that were from racism, would be my best guess.

That's so poorly written. Is it supposed to be slightly comedic?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I think that to other countries, having America like them is like winning the Nobel Prize, while Americans couldn't care less if other countries like them or not

I am sure foreigners everywhere are wringing their hands worrying that a fine specimen like you doesn't like them.

Parch

It's like a lite version of USA.
Not really. Canadians work very hard at not acting like Americans.

Then there's that whole guns/war/violence thing they got going on down there. Canadians are much nicer and polite. It's even reflected in our national anthems...

"The bombs bursting in air"
in other words, killing people.

While in Canada its...
"We stand on guard for thee."

I guess that means while you're out killing people, we'll watch your house for you.
Just leave some beer in the fridge.

It's probably both racism and the drug cartel problem. The drop in the past few years is probably because of the drug cartels, while any unfavorable views that existed before that were from racism, would be my best guess.

That's so poorly written. Is it supposed to be slightly comedic?

it's supposed to flash for like two seconds buttmunch

Machine

I love Mexico but the thought of going there scares me more than a trip to Detroit. Drug cartels are out of control.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Uh, what do you mean "Really....?"
Really?

We provide fucking foreign aid like no other.

I don't really know what that has to do with this, but... America does? Sorry, but no. You can't just look at the total, you have to put it in relation to GNP/GNI, and looking at it that way, the US gives considerably less than many European countries.

EDIT: I found a list (percentage of gross national income):

1. Sweden &#8211; 1.12%
2. Norway &#8211; 1.06%
3. Luxembourg &#8211; 1.04%
4. Denmark &#8211; 0.88%
5. Netherlands &#8211; 0.82%
6. Belgium &#8211; 0.55%
7. Finland &#8211; 0.54%
8. Ireland &#8211; 0.54%
9. United Kingdom &#8211; 0.52%
10. France- 0.47%
11. Spain &#8211; 0.46%