• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiga Gaffers recommend me some games please.

Extreme Violence

A rad shareware 2D arena shooter with silly ammo (bouncing bullets, shoot through walls) and the minimap allows you to line up off-screen kills.

Oh man. So many memories of playing this with my brother while being yelled at to get in the bath.

octos

Neo Member
Oh, so many good games, some of my favorites:
- Syndicate + Populous 2 + Powermonger
- Monkey Island 1/2 + Indiana Jones 3/4
- Vroom
- Goal! + Sensible Soccer
- Marble Madness
- The Settlers
- UFO Enemy Unknown
- Super Tennis Champs + Great Courts 2
- Magic Pockets + Gods + Speedball 2 + Chaos Engine
- Leander
- Beneath a Steel Sky
- Silkworm (better than the arcade) + SWIV
- Dune 1+2
- Flashback + Another World
- Ninja + Ninja Warriors + Shadow Warriors
- Mega lo Mania
- Moonstone
- Wing Commander
- Project X + Worms + Body Blows + Alien Breed
- Shadow Fighter + IK+ + Fighting Spirit
- Kid Chaos (as good as Sonic, technically)
- Dreamweb + Innocent Until Caught
- Hunter + Virus
- Armour Geddon + Carrier Command
- FA/18 Interceptor
- Cannon Fodder 1+2
- B.A.T. 2
- Shadow of the Beast 2+3

M0G

Extreme Violence

A rad shareware 2D arena shooter with silly ammo (bouncing bullets, shoot through walls) and the minimap allows you to line up off-screen kills.

I'm just thinking again, is this also the game where you could fire a shot and run in the other direction, and the bullet would go around the map and pass you again? If unobstructed etc.

Shin-Ra

I'm just thinking again, is this also the game where you could fire a shot and run in the other direction, and the bullet would go around the map and pass you again? If unobstructed etc.
That might be a missiles thing and the version of the game I had didn’t have them.

You can very easily shoot yourself if you have the magic bullets and speedy boots though. Or just the bouncy bullets.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: M0G

M0G

That might be a missiles thing and the version of the game I had didn’t have them.

You can very easily shoot yourself if you have the magic bullets and speedy boots though. Or just the bouncy bullets.
Ah thanks for that. All the feels are coming back to me now lol. Gonna have to find a copy of whichever compilation or cover disk it's on.

Exile is fantastic if you can get used to the controls. Make sure you just get the normal a500 version though as it's a lot better than the AGA one.

The publisher made another game called Odyssey - it's interesting but suffers from the usual amiga side scrolling issues such as wonky controls, obtuse design and bastard-tier difficulty, but it's worth checking out with a trainer/cheats as it's probably the closest thing to a """metroidvania""" on the system, is full of great ideas, and has wonderful graphics.

Jet Strike on the CD32 is just darn good fun. Not much more to say really.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Only once! lol. Still loved it though :)
I found the fucker once too. But spent many an hour taking over every island in the strategy game version of it. Think it was action mode / strategy mode?

Used to use the cheat, you either typed in grow old along with me or the best is yet to be (one was ST one was Amiga)

Last edited:

Thanati

I found the fucker once too. But spent many an hour taking over every island in the strategy game version of it. Think it was action mode / strategy mode?

Used to use the cheat, you either typed in grow old along with me or the best is yet to be (one was ST one was Amiga)
Yes! Loved the two modes.

Have you tried the new one, by some chance? (Carrier command 2 and the Gaea mission one)

Last edited:
Top Bottom