• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Packaging (Nintendo Figurine) - Wallets 'am cry

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Are there any non-first party characters represented yet?... They might not make any.

The plan is to release the roster in its entirety; a licensing agreement will have to be agreed upon among Sega, Namco Bandai and Capcom though.

Buy them all except Jigglypuff.
angry-jiggly.png

Neiteio

In Bill Trinen's Amiibo segment, it was confirmed that the other Amiibo-compatible titles are Yoshi's Wooly World, Mario Party 10, Captain Toad Treasure Trackers and MK8.

You just know they're going to release those yarn Yoshi dolls for Wooly World. And I must have them.

Ikon

I can easily see myself buying the majority or all of these if they look as shown here - I doubt that though.

Schrödinger's cat;116388287 said:
Metroid is my favourite Nintendo IP.

Given the dynamic poses of the figures shown, I can't help thinking Samus got a bit of a raw deal. :(
I actually think Samus has one of the coolest poses.

Neoxon

In Bill Trinen's Amiibo segment, it was confirmed that the other Amiibo-compatible titles are Yoshi's Wooly World, Mario Party 10, Captain Toad Treasure Trackers and MK8.

You just know they're going to release those yarn Yoshi dolls for Wooly World. And I must have them.
If they made the figures out of legit yarn, oh god....

wilflare

my wallet is going to bleed really badly
if they keep the quality up, it is probably worth it just for collecting purposes

RK128

Man, if there are really going to be figures for every Smash Bros fighter, I will HAVE to get the Mega Man, Sonic and Pac-Man ones; they would look so awesome just to own by themselves :D.

Really nice of Nintendo acitvly giving this NFC thing a shot; if these figures (or at least most of them) work across ALL the games they are implementing NFC for (as one of the pictures in the OP implies), then they really have a shot to be more successful than Disney Infinite and Skylanders. I mean, parents will be so releaved not having to buy new figures for their kids every time the next game comes out, they can just re-use the old ones (though I am sure Nintendo will have multiple versions of the same character; I can imagine Ball-versions of Nintendo characters for Kirby's Canvas Curse or Yarn-versions for Yoshi's Wooly World.

Tripon

IGN's NVC podcast last week (E3 week podcast) said that the Amiibos work with a primary game, and then has secondary functions.

For instance, the Smash Amiibos are built specifically for Smash, but can also work with other games. They're just be more limited with other games.

IGN's NVC podcast last week (E3 week podcast) said that the Amiibos work with a primary game, and then has secondary functions.

For instance, the Smash Amiibos are built specifically for Smash, but can also work with other games. They're just be more limited with other games.

I find this the most interesting but it will be annoying when your Smash Mario cannot do the things in MK8 that a Kart Mario can

the limit will still force you to get the other set

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
These are some damned handsome accessories.

Funny that after thumbing my nose at Skylanders, I'm now making a mental list of what characters I'll be buying when they become available.

What really funny is that you can finish the campaign in Skylanders (and most of the side stuff) with just the starter pack, which is thirty-something dollars (including the game, even the current gen versions) a few times a year.

Oswen

Didn't Reggie say they would be in line with Skylanders prices? I think those are $10.99 minimum. I'm really expecting them to be $14.99 at least.

Same, i am betting they will be around 15, more than Skylanders AND Dysney Infinity.

I was thinking about this the other day, I wonder if the Fire Emblem figures (Ike, Marth & Chrom) will be usable with Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem...

*imagines various possibilities*

Top Bottom