• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Packaging (Nintendo Figurine) - Wallets 'am cry

MarkusRJR

I can see myself just picking up some of my favorites (Sheik, Marth, Fox), but this E3 really hasn't sold me on these things at all from a gameplay perspective.

I'll probably scan them into Smash 4 once just for shits and giggles... then onto the bookshelf they'll go.
Yeah I'm more in for the plastic figures of fave characters than the gameplay opportunities.

Yoshi, AC Villager (male and female), Pikachu, and Kirby for me. Maybe more once non-Smash figures get released.

You know what, I just want official Nintendo figures of my favorite Nintendo characters like Princess Zelda, Kirby, Samus, and Mario. I buy Nintendo figures, Nintendo gets my money, that is a pretty good deal for me.

The fact that they are compatible with a Wii U that I will likely buy and my 3DS is just a bonus.

This is how is for me too. These are Nintendo collectables with an added bonus of being compatible with games I'll already be purchasing.

Velcro Fly

I'd buy Mega Man if they made it. I'd probably buy like 8 or 10 alternate color schemed Mega Man too.

These figures go on sale all the time so I'm not worried about price.

Getting Samus and Link for sure. If they ever make a Skyward Sword Zelda, I'll get that too.

Otherwise, I'm fine.
If there is ever a Fire Emblem waifu collection I'll be bankrupt.

wishdom

I could see them fit really well in SMTxFE (or any SRPG).
Just for the waifus figures.

if there's going to be an amiibo for each Smash character, I'll get Link, Palutena, Capt. Falcon, Zelda, Samus, Luigi.

I've seen nintendo merchandise before. Made in China paint spilling all over their faces.

Sure, these look good, but bullshit if you pull one off the shelf and they'll look like that.

so what exactly do these do other then being plastic figurines? i'll probably buy a few solely for that reason, but what benefits do you get from linking them to your game?

it says similar to skylanders but i have no idea what those do either

Lizardus

so what exactly do these do other then being plastic figurines? i'll probably buy a few solely for that reason, but what benefits do you get from linking them to your game?

it says similar to skylanders but i have no idea what those do either

You can basically have an AI character that will learn from watching you play. You can face against it to "train" or you can bring it to a friend's house.

Nothing that major IMO.

Nemecyst

This is like crack to a figure collector like me. Will perform private acts for a Bayonetta mech figure. Hell, if they did some for Xenoblade's dolls, I'd mix some public acts in as well.

XaosWolf

Need the Fox figure ASAP for the one I'll use, but also need the Samus, Kirby, Pac-Man and Mega Man figures just because.

I have the Samus Figma, but absolutely no Kirby things. D=/

EDIT: How much will this be in Englandian money? Betcha it's 1:1 conversion time.
Though people seeking Christmas gifts for me this year have a lot less work to do! =D

EDIT: How much will this be in Englandian money? Betcha it's 1:1 conversion time.
Though people seeking Christmas gifts for me this year have a lot less work to do! =D
With no US price to go by. Look at how much Disney infinity and skylanders cost and remove the constant special offers they have. Then add £5 because its Disney Nintendo and that is where my expectations are.

Jintor

...Speaking of Bayonetta, if they made figures or replicas of the world map dolls from the first game, my money would spontaneously evaporate.

Oh my god. THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I NEED.

God damnit those little dolls are so cute ;__;

3843c36878e8.jpg

/edit just noticed you linked this exact art lol

elektrixx

Banned
I'm disc free for a reason and I don't wanna buy any bullshit, but I want to get the most out of Smash Bros.

I hope I can just rip the NFC shit out and store the figures.

Pikma

Banned
I'm going to buy all of them, don't care how much money it takes, or what uses they end up getting in future games, I'm just decided to do it and will do it.

one_kill

I want to get them all, but I'm going to get a few favourite characters. Might end up with more if I find 'em on sale.

It's going to be hard :(

I'm going to buy all of them, don't care how money it takes, or what uses they end up getting in future games, I'm just decided to do it and will do it.
If priced at $10, you'll be spending close $400+ to get every figure. I think it's insane to spend so much on figures :O

The most I've spent on figures is getting the Halo Reach Noble Team

Forkball

SOON
CollectionJapan.png

The packaging is very sleek, but I wonder if people will know just by looking that these are NFCs for Smash Bros. Though maybe Nintendo doesn't care, they just want anyone to buy them regardless of whether or not they have a Wii U.

And though you often don't see them in America, Nintendo has some good quality toys in Japan. They have a plush for anyone you can think of. Nook, Koopa kids, so many Pokemon, etc.

RiggyRob

So if they're making them for the entire Smash roster, here's my initial plan and priority list on how to pick them:

Required:
Mario, Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-Man

Great idea:
Link, Samus, Pikachu, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Luigi

Fire Emblem bias:
Marth, Ike, Chrom(?)

Zelda bias:
Zelda, Ganondorf, Sheik

Most cross-compatible games of the rest:
Bowser, Peach, Rosalina, Diddy Kong

Niche but historically significant:
Mr Game & Watch, R.O.B.

Not as important but still Smash significant:
Ness, Fox, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff

After all of the above, there's really no room for waifus (Palutena, Zero Suit Samus) or cool standalones (Little Mac, Olimar). Goddamn it's going to be hard choosing.

So if they're making them for the entire Smash roster, here's my initial plan and priority list on how to pick them:

Required:
Mario, Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-Man

Great idea:
Link, Samus, Pikachu, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Luigi

Fire Emblem bias:
Marth, Ike, Chrom(?)

Zelda bias:
Zelda, Ganondorf, Sheik

Most cross-compatible games of the rest:
Bowser, Peach, Rosalina, Diddy Kong

Niche but historically significant:
Mr Game & Watch, R.O.B.

Not as important but still Smash significant:
Ness, Fox, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff

After all of the above, there's really no room for waifus (Palutena, Zero Suit Samus) or cool standalones (Little Mac, Olimar). Goddamn it's going to be hard choosing.

Just buy them all! Give in!

I'm going to start saving money now. >_>

Pikma

Banned
I want to get them all, but I'm going to get a few favourite characters. Might end up with more if I find 'em on sale.

It's going to be hard :(

If priced at $10, you'll be spending close $400+ to get every figure. I think it's insane to spend so much on figures :O

The most I've spent on figures is getting the Halo Reach Noble Team

Yeah, I made that statement knowing such a figure, even if they're $15, getting a few per week would totally make it easier for my wallet though, if that's something that worries you :p

Top Bottom