• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 5 | Because we didn't preorder thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Mulder

Saw a Sheik today but didn't buy. It looked really bad.

I've passed on it a few times due to that. I dont really want one, but might if I were wowed by the figure.

I still needed a Kirby when I was at target today, but they only had one and he had mouth herpes.

So I was stressing about my MetaKnight delivery because of the horror stories here, but he got in safe and sound:

WP_20150220_15_44_47_Pro.jpg
WP_20150220_15_49_29_Pro.jpg

To be fair, I had written in to corporate about a previous incident with them screwing me out of a Little Mac, so that might have helped.

Also strolled past these guys this morning at Target.

I grabbed an extra Sheik and Toon Link. Hit me up If you're looking.

Not really. I got the email notice yesterday that it would be ready for pick up this morning, then while I was driving to work, I got a voice mail from Best Buy stating that "because Meta Knight is the most sought-after Amiibo" they wouldn't be able to fulfill my pre-order.

I bet a BB employee forgot to put yours away and sold it to a non preordered person

javadoze

I'm kinda new to this amiibo business, but I saw a bunch of Toon Links at a Bestbuy near me. Is he rare? Or is he going to be restocked?

Yeah that was a thing where I was at. There was 5 available and 3 marked for in-store pickup but the truth was they had 0 since the "extras" were actually pre-orders. Scary eh?

LostAnkh

Yes, Fry's was able to fulfill my Mega Man pre-order! I was about to cancel that one too, but it looks like I'll have an extra to open.

D-Stubbs

My DDD order from Best Buy has been downgraded from payment validated to just order received. What the hell? It's been validated this whole time up until now so hopefully it's just a hiccup. Anyone one else with a DDD order from Best Buy getting this?

rjinaz

Meta Knight arrived. BB shipped it in a bubble wrap bag. Thankfully, I don't care about squished boxes.

So I was stressing about my MetaKnight delivery because of the horror stories here, but he got in safe and sound:

To be fair, I had written in to corporate about a previous incident with them screwing me out of a Little Mac, so that might have helped.

Also strolled past these guys this morning at Target.

I grabbed an extra Sheik and Toon Link. Hit me up If you're looking.

Gees how can shipping be handled so very differently from the same company? Please ship mine from the good place BB! I'll find out in a couple of hours when they arrive.

Apparently my Best Buy had 60 people lined up for Meta Knight. They only had 3 for non preorder. Lol.
According to a person I talked to, some people were lined up at 1 AM. Keep in mind that I was 30 degrees outside in the south.
People please the Amiibos are not worth hypothermia!

Ecto311

Tons of toon link at my walmart in Canon city colorado. Not moving either in the last few days. If anyone needs one let me know. Lots of mario, luigi, samus, kirby, zelda, and peach too.

ScouserPants

Neo Member
Gees how can shipping be handled so very differently from the same company? Please ship mine from the good place BB! I'll find out in a couple of hours when they arrive.

Mine was probably shipped in bubble wrap because I live 20min from where it was shipped from. =/

D-Stubbs

I've had orders from BB that came neatly in boxes to squished in bubble wrap. I don't get what the deal is. As long as I have my GCU discount and they don't cancel anything I've been fine with ordering from them.

Toki767

Brian★;152957810 said:
Pushbullet note!
Should I creats a new Pushbullet. People seem to be worried about dem lurkers.
If possible it really should just be invite only and people here can request for an invite. Public means anyone can subscribe. Seems to ruin the purpose.

Every story i hear of people lining up outside makes me cringe. Only for the fact tbat these retailers will pay more money to ensure they get more exclusive amiibo. It is a mini black friday launch for them and gets people in their store. We are fucked for wave 4 and 5. I love how best buy gives a measley 5 dollar coupon to ensure you shop with them. Exclusivity pays off and people will bitch when wave 4 has some. We made it happen , vicious cycle because we had no choice.

If possible it really should just be invite only and people here can request for an invite. Public means anyone can subscribe. Seems to ruin the purpose.

As stated before, Pushbullet channels don't support the ability to make it private. However, I can make the link private. (Email tags)

goldenpp72

I had a question about something, awhile ago I bought 2 amiibos from best buy and they were damaged in shipment, they replaced them by shipping me two more but didn't really specify to return the others. Would it be alright if I just kept them and was willing to pay the normal price for them in turn? Or is that wrong in some way.

On a side note, I believe I have all US released Amiibos now, clocking in at 29.

Every story i hear of people lining up outside makes me cringe. Only for the fact tbat these retailers will pay more money to ensure they get more exclusive amiibo. It is a mini black friday launch for them and gets people in their store. We are fucked for wave 4 and 5.

Unfortunately you are probably right. Only way retailers wouldn't want exclusives from now on is if enough voices complain about their poor handling of it and they believe their reputation is doomed. But seeing that exclusitivity guarantees they'll sell all 100% of them, I can totally see wave 4 being entirely exclusive. WalMart and Amazon being the newbies..... WE ARE SCREWED IN THE US

kirby_fox

Banned
Finally back from today. I didn't even go at opening, didn't feel like dealing with the madness. Did not find anything interesting either.

What's amazing is how many people are collecting these now. It seems the crowd of collectors has grown immensely and not just here, but since we started all of this back in November. The guy at the register knew what it was and wanted a Meta Knight too-- said they had 20 in line this morning. The lady at the front asked to check my receipt, and said "Oh you're one of those amiibo people too, huh?" in a very friendly tone. At Target as I was posting to go check yours out, a guy who looked in his late 40s grabbed a Toon Link and Sheik. I half expected him to grab a bunch, but he only grabbed one of each-- another collector. The more I buy these, the more I'm seeing that people are collecting them.

And I'm really hoping Nintendo is seeing that too and that's why it's taking so long for Wave 4 preorders to show up.

Brian★;152958620 said:
As stated before, Pushbullet channels don't support the ability to make it private. However, I can make the link private. (Email tags)

Why not call the channel some random weird name that doesn't make sense? Then some lurker seeing the name will not think its the right one. Then when you post a deal, just call Lucina "loose in ya" or something...

ScouserPants

Neo Member
I had a question about something, awhile ago I bought 2 amiibos from best buy and they were damaged in shipment, they replaced them by shipping me two more but didn't really specify to return the others. Would it be alright if I just kept them and was willing to pay the normal price for them in turn? Or is that wrong in some way.

I figure it's similar to Ebay. If there are any damages or mistakes usually the seller sends you a replacement for no charge. I say keep 'em or use them to trade/sell for others.

I don't see how it'd be wrong. Just gonna be sent back to get melted down, unless refurbished Amiibos are a thing now.

Meta knight arrived. (also my clearance price dk and yoshi).
Ironically, meta knight had the worst-quality packaging out of the three. They two commons got individual cardboard boxes, and were securely packed with bubble wrap and without folding. Meta knight was in a cushioned bag, and had some slight folding in transit. I don't keep them in the boxes, so it doesn't matter to me, but if I were after mint packaging, I'd be fuming.

Didn't put any effort into acquiring a dedede, ike, sonic, or mega man, though I do want them all...

Every story i hear of people lining up outside makes me cringe. Only for the fact tbat these retailers will pay more money to ensure they get more exclusive amiibo. It is a mini black friday launch for them and gets people in their store. We are fucked for wave 4 and 5. I love how best buy gives a measley 5 dollar coupon to ensure you shop with them. Exclusivity pays off and people will bitch when wave 4 has some. We made it happen , vicious cycle because we had no choice.

What is scary are the tales of people getting there hours beforehand now or even the night before! I got to Target like 45 minutes early for Rosalina and made out alright. It seems like it's been taken to a new extreme with today's stories.

What is scary are the tales of people getting there hours beforehand now or even the night before! I got to Target like 45 minutes early for Rosalina and made out alright. It seems like it's been taken to a new extreme with today's stories.
Yup these retailers are loving people waiting outside their store.

it's just a badly executed attempt at adding shadows to accentuate the parts of the helm. but it's not an isolated defect cuz they're all like that.

The renders are usually not spot on anyways. They were trying to produce an old armor look it seems. I find it hard to believe they messed up on all 100% of the Meta Knights.

Heck yeah!

Yep could be
I know they are all like that and its not isolated, just was saying that its really not part of the Smash render.
And it looks so ugly.

Man, seeing all the Wave 4 preoder news in other Countries is getting me anxious...

Nori Chan

The metalknight that the guy tried to sell to me was in a real shitty condition and I politely asked him if I could get a new one...and he let me. You da real mvp bruh

Now just need D3 to complete wave 3 and then I am one Marth away from he fullset

Velcro Fly

Got MK and D3 from Best Buy

Got Mega Man from Walmart

My Mega Man from Best Buy has shipped so I will have an extra

Someone person on the Best Buy forums is going to look into why my Ike was cancelled. Seems like it has more to do with a split order than it being free.

Koren

Every story i hear of people lining up outside makes me cringe. Only for the fact tbat these retailers will pay more money to ensure they get more exclusive amiibo. It is a mini black friday launch for them and gets people in their store. We are fucked for wave 4 and 5.
Lining up outside is FAR better than playing the luck game of entering the shop just at the right time... there's NO release date here, and it's impossible to get new waves even if you're ready to spend time for them.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Looks like I accidentally pre-ordered two Metaknights... I'm going to hold onto the extra so that I can perhaps trade for a Ness with one of you fine people if something happens and I miss out on pre-ordering him.

Thats because Target mostly had their shit together. Limit was two at most at every location (I think) (Tho it should've been 1 at all stores to let more people have them) as long as you got there like an hour...or two early then you were most likely good.

Their online orders on the other hand...

But if Lucina has to be exclusive then please ffs let it be Target. I guess GS works to since I haven't heard of them cancelling in store preorders (but they did cancel onlines...like why? Just ship them in order even if its summer.) amazon US works too, they don't cancel orders so far. But if Lucina becomes excusive to any other store then I will pay $50 and order her from Japan or Europe. I ain't even fucking with those other stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom