• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 5 | Because we didn't preorder thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADGAME

I posted this in the Amiibo trading thread but so far that thread is off to a slow start. Posting here in case anyone is interested

With all of wave 3 officially released in NA, here are my have/wants:

Have to trade:
  • Ike
  • DeDeDe
  • Megaman
  • Falcon
  • Lucario
  • Rosalina
  • Fox
  • Sheik
  • Toon Link
  • New in box Gamecube Adapters

Need:
  • Villager
  • Meta Knight
I have Little Mac, but need to find one for a friend so I would consider him also.

Could trade multiples within reason. All of mine are new in box NA versions, looking for same.[/QUOTE]

I never understood that crap. There is an enormous piece of plastic to put the sticker onto. Why do they put it anywhere on the cardboard?? Same goes for gamestop...

I find Best Buy stickers pretty easy to peel off. It doesn't pull the art off and it doesn't leave part of the sticker or residue so I don't mind too much. GameStop on the other hand has crappy stickers.

Cotrip

Can't get it online. Some stores might have it. Basically right now it's pretty hard to get unless you get lucky. Every once in a while an online store puts it up, they last mere minutes. Happened today.

I see, thanks for the response. I'll try to track it, if I can't find one, guess I'll just import from UK Stores. :/

L95

How possibly am I doomed if I can't pick up my Meta Knight preorder from Best Buy until tomorrow, I wonder....

Picked up King Dedede and Meta Knight from Best Buy.

The guy said people lined up 30 minutes before they opened in the 0 degree weather to get the 8 non-preorder ones they had.

Just picked up Meta Knight at Best Buy. No hassles, but the guy said I was lucky to get one and that they had people lined up this morning. Mine looked like the only one they had left for in-store pickup. Luckily, the figure/box are in great shape. Love the damage on the armor! I saw a Dr. DeDeDe right below where they had my Meta - got me a bit jealous, but I'm counting on Gamestop to come through this Wednesday.

LiK

How possibly am I doomed if I can't pick up my Meta Knight preorder from Best Buy until tomorrow, I wonder....

seems like they're doing a good job holding them for preorders. people who didn't preorder seem to be SOL

*Wakes Up*
*Sees 15 new pages*

DAMN.

It makes more sense after reading that Wave 3B was released in EU today aswell since I already thought they were out but thats alot of posts...and I'll read ever one of them...

Yeah it's a ton but I skim through and read all the interesting stories to catch up.

I find Best Buy stickers pretty easy to peel off. It doesn't pull the art off and it doesn't leave part of the sticker or residue so I don't mind too much. GameStop on the other hand has crappy stickers.

Any sticker is a crappy sticker.

Managed to get a Dedede and mega man at best buy this morning. They had 1 Ike and 1 meta knight out on the rack but 2 people were in front of me in line.

Rizific

Sorry, this was me being funny and stating the obvious. I thought including the GCU part would give it away. :)
Heh my bad, and I'm usually able to sniff out sarcasm in most posts. On another note, my megaman shipped from bby! So today my mk will get here, ddd and megaman next week from target on Wednesday, and sonic from gs. Looking forward to next week.

My Mega Man from amazon that I ordered in that 3 minute window a few days ago is preparing to ship. So happy! Atleast amazon US doesn't cancel even if they are slow. (So Far)

I went to a Best Buy around close to 9 today. Only a few people were in line, but were already garuenteed a Meta Knight or Mega Man. They had no Dedede. I ended up waiting anyway to get Rainbow Curse when I should have went to another Best Buy just in case they have one. Now I wasted another hour searching Walmat and Target and even Fry's.
Target and Fry's didn't have any, and Walmart... I have nothing to say.

Upside is that I should recieve both Meta Knight and Lucario in the mail today.

I thought GameStop was getting Mega Man today?
Mine said they should receive their shipment soon, but it may end up the same situation as Dedede and Ike (coming on Wednesday, I believe).

Arc07

Sad to hear so many people having issues with Best Buy's shipments coming damaged and/or in poor packaging. All of the amiibo I've ordered through them have arrived in perfect condition.

But on a lighter note, wave 1-3 complete!
zAXsQKY.jpg

I need to figure out a display that doesn't involve IKEA (too far).

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
So many MK stories! Even I'm losing track of the thread!
okay so I'm on LINE more but still

Linius

Picked up Sonic today. I kind of want Mega Man too but I simply can't afford the spending. If I stay strong I'll hold out on any further Amiibo's until april. If anyone told me a couple of months ago I would have eight Amiibo's by now I would have laughed that person in the face
D5Jy4CR.png

Piscus

I'm not sure if it gets appreciated enough, but.... to the people who find the deals and post the links: THANK YOU. You're bringing security to the chaotic world of amiibo.

starmud

welp, probably time to look at getting a MK and DDD from overseas... none of my local stores have seen a DDD (toys/gamestop/bestbuy, i know target wont). 5th in line at best buy D:< only 2 extra MK's. the struggle. death upon all!

on the bright side, my sonic should be coming in the mail today from target.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I got ike today, his fist where he is holding the sword looks a little messy, but otherwise pleased with it :)

welp, probably time to look at getting a MK and DDD from overseas... none of my local stores have seen a DDD (toys/gamestop/bestbuy, i know target wont). 5th in line at best buy D:< only 2 extra MK's. the struggle. death upon all!

on the bright side, my sonic should be coming in the mail today from target.

Look at Japanese versions on Amazon. Decent pricing.

y2dvd

Augh, the card I placed my Metaknight preorder on was compromised and I forgot to switch payments. I just tried it but there are no more left in stock. I lost out. =(

Tanukid

I'm not sure if it gets appreciated enough, but.... to the people who find the deals and post the links: THANK YOU. You're bringing security to the chaotic world of amiibo.

Hear, hear!

Many thanks to all the amiibo posting link heroes in these threads over the past few weeks.

RESPECT! *Salutes*

Sushigod7

Got my Meta Knight from BB online arrived creased despite it being the only thing they shipped in the box. Also the paint job is not that great seems like a 5yr old did it.

Augh, the card I placed my Metaknight preorder on was compromised and I forgot to switch payments. I just tried it but there are no more left in stock. I lost out. =(

Jeez you would think it would be more courteous to call you to ask for another form of payment instead of leaving you out altogether

Anyone else have their Meta Knight pre-order cancelled this morning for in-store pickup at Best Buy?

I haven't heard any stories like that until now. You find out why?

YES THANK YOU! You are the ALL STAR Amiibo hunters!

The "dirt" on the mask is normal, but I agree it could look better. Love the figure as a whole though.
Honest question, but why does everyone keep saying this? There is no dirt/battle scars/marking in the Smash render. Its just a major paint fuckup.

With this, and the two newer Kirby and Pit amiibos being rare, not even Sakurai bias can save Amiibos. God help us all!

LiK

Honest question, but why does everyone keep saying this? There is no dirt/battle scars/marking in the Smash render. Its just a major paint fuckup.

With this, and the two newer Kirby and Pit amiibos being rare, not even Sakurai bias can save Amiibos. God help us all!

it's just a badly executed attempt at adding shadows to accentuate the parts of the helm. but it's not an isolated defect cuz they're all like that.

kierwynn

We got our meta Knight with no problems today- also picked up a few commons we were still missing (Mario, Link, and Yoshi). Only one we really need now is Marth. I'm a bit bummed about him- I missed out on him for a decent price for various reasons and I'm not really hopeful about the reprint's numbers (especially since who knows when that is coming and both my fiance and I really wanted him for Codename Steam). I also gave away all of my good trade fodder, and all we have left is Ike and DDD. womp Here's hoping I manage to find him for a fair price soon. :(

The renders are usually not spot on anyways. They were trying to produce an old armor look it seems. I find it hard to believe they messed up on all 100% of the Meta Knights.

Remember everyone:
ilQo0K3.jpg

Heck yeah!

it's just a badly executed attempt at adding shadows to accentuate the parts of the helm. but it's not an isolated defect cuz they're all like that.

Yep could be

Got my Meta Knight from BB online arrived creased despite it being the only thing they shipped in the box. Also the paint job is not that great seems like a 5yr old did it.

Well chances are a 5 year old did make it. Normally they have better standards and I'm sure they will be docked their $1 pay for the month for the mess up.

Ultimadrago

Shit-dipped wingtips as well. I like the Meta-Knight mold, but the overall approach regarding the mask and wingtip paint job is poor.

thomasos

I haven't heard any stories like that until now. You find out why?

Not really. I got the email notice yesterday that it would be ready for pick up this morning, then while I was driving to work, I got a voice mail from Best Buy stating that "because Meta Knight is the most sought-after Amiibo" they wouldn't be able to fulfill my pre-order.

pvpness

Woo! Just picked up Meta Knight. He looks extremely cool. They apparently had people lining up this morning for it. This morning it was -6 degrees. I thought my Amiibo sickness was bad!

I'm still looking for Lucario. Then I'll have them all. Currently have doubles of Pit, Ike, Dedede, toon link, Sonic, megaman, bowser, and Rosalina if anyone is interested in a trade.

Reule

Didn't get anything this morning, pretty pissed on how it was handled.

Get there at 6:30AM, already six people in line. First four had been there since 11:30PM in their caterpillar sleeping bags. Our people in line were really cool and all of us agreed not to run each other down if they didn't do a ticket system. We pitched in for someone to leave the line to get donuts and just talked about amiibo pretty much the whole time.

At about 8:00AM, a manager came out and said they only had six Meta Knights. I was one away from having one. They hand out a coupon for $5 off any Wii-U/3DS games, which was nice considering they could've offered nothing for the trouble. Manager does say they have Mega Man but won't say how many before walking off. No ticket system for Mega Man, first-come, first-serve. They had no other characters for non-preorders. Another employee walks by and he says they have a case of him that's he has seen for non-preorders. We felt that staying in line for Mega Man would be worth it since it seemed there would be a good chance a decent amount of us could get one. I stayed to get one for my friend.

It's finally 10:00AM and we walk into the store in line. Meta Knight people pick up one up along with a Mega Man. We all look to where the employees are grabbing Mega Man from and see there are only four. Everyone is pretty pissed at this point that the manager didn't have the courtesy to tell anyone that there wasn't enough Mega Man for the twenty plus line back when he handed out tickets for Meta Knight.

Those who didn't get anything asked to speak to said manager. He basically says he couldn't give exact inventory counts to anyone. I understand they can't do that over the phone but that sounds absolutely ridiculous to not be able to inform anyone when they are waiting outside the store. It apparently makes more sense to let everyone wait around for hours only to piss them off later because you supposedly can't give them a head's up. He goes on to tell us he just couldn't ticket Mega Man like how they did for Meta Knight because there wasn't an e-mail with a printout "allowing" him to do so. Seriously?

Overall he was a bit condescending about the whole ordeal and his general attitude about it initially was a bit shitty. He tried helping a bit more after we said we'd be calling in about the store and how it was handled today. Left with nothing and pissed I had to wait longer than I needed to.

I called in and complained to customer service and talked to a very nice older lady about the situation. She ended up sending a $20 gift card for the trouble which was very nice. I probably wouldn't have been so pissed if this was the first time I've had a problem with this specific Best Buy. One of the associates even told me they felt management has been pretty poor at running the store. It may be worth the gas to just go to another Best Buy if I need to shop there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom