• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

An actual Games on Demand sale next week! $4/$5 games! Finally Microsoft!

Gaspode_T

GoD sales maybe can be tracked here once it kicks in: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Games/GamesOnDemand?sortby=BestSellingToday Unless it does something stupid like rank by revenue, then all bets are off.

Indie games: For 80 pt game the dev receives like 75cents straight into their bank account (each quarter) as long as they make $250 or something like that.

Some games from gaffers:

Apple Jack 1/Apple Jack 2
Hypership out of Control
Bonded Realities
Alawishus Pixel
Aesops Garden
Hidden in Plain Sight
Orbitron: Revolution

...probably missing others

LosDaddie

Banned
So....the Conan game is good? Is it the one game that has a ton of enemies on screen? Maybe I'm thinking of a different game....Viking?

Jhoan

Kameo shouldn't be missed anybody. It's aged extremely well and is arguably Rare's last great game before Microsoft dumbed them down (I never played B-K:N&B). For achievement fans purists looking to get all the achievements though, good luck because the co-op is non-existent at this point; it was deserted years go.

I'm thinking about checking out GRAW, Conan, as a well tennis game or two. Which ones would you guys recommend? I played Rockstar Table Tennis at the now defunct Virgin Megastore a couple of years ago. I'm interested in checking out either the Sonic one or Virtua Tennis 2009. Do any of those games have any crazy mini games?

Lothars

Kameo shouldn't be missed anybody. It's aged extremely well and is arguably Rare's last great game before Microsoft dumbed them down (I never played B-K:N&B). For achievement fans purists looking to get all the achievements though, good luck because the co-op is non-existent at this point; it was deserted years go.

I'm thinking about checking out GRAW, Conan, as a well tennis game or two. Which ones would you guys recommend? I played Rockstar Table Tennis at the now defunct Virgin Megastore a couple of years ago. I'm interested in checking out either the Sonic one or Virtua Tennis 2009. Do any of those games have any crazy mini games?
The sonic tennis is pretty fun and I believe it has mini games.

Jay Sosa

PDZ is worth it for the Zombies mode at least lol

Hell no. PDZ isn't even worth a cent.

But nice to finally see a sale.

Kameo shouldn't be missed anybody. It's aged extremely well and is arguably Rare's last great game before Microsoft dumbed them down (I never played B-K:N&B).

Yep, it starts absolutely awful but then becomes such a beautiful and fun game. And sadly it's also kinda unique, the only game that has the same feel is Majin.

Plus it has surprisingly 'deep' gameplay, no comparison to VT.

Decided to buy Kameo, PDZ, and Trials Evolution. I still have 240 "promotional points" to waste before the end of the month, but I can't think of anything to use them on, so I think I'll just let the batch expire.

cant you like, gift them to me or something?

Yeah, I was thinking of POP like everybody else, and Bionic Commando maybe.

I should pick up PDZ. At launch I bought it along with PGR3 because the pickings were so slim, and hey, gotta have a FPS right? Played it for a while, never completed it, traded it.

I'd buy it now just to compare awful first gen 360 graphics to todays, once in a while. Would be pretty fun to compare it to the likes of Crysis 2 or Halo 4.

LOL I still remember GAF invented this roller coaster meme for PDZ, cause they'd say "looks horrible!" *next batch of screens showing new area* "looks pretty good!" next batch "looks terrible again!" etc...

No, in retrospect, it just looked horrible, lol.

Download the demo and ty it out yourself.

It was a rhetorical question haha.

I re-downloaded it yesterday and played it for a bit and decided even finishing the demo just wasn't worth it.

Not that I'm judging because I've played my share of average/mediocre games but I've learned with the backlog I have, playing average games just isn't worth the time anymore.

lucius

Conan is pretty good so far, I think it is worth $4, compared to Wolverine and Green Lantern games I don't think it is as polished a game as those, but I think paid like $12 for those games so Conan is still a decent buy.

Decided to get Kameo also will try that and Dark Void soon.

Z_Y

Based on the demo alone, Conan is the greatest game ever. Bought it today...can't wait to get home and play the full version.

Jay Sosa

I just realized that I own and finished almost all games that are on sale.

Oh and I forgot to mention: Conan is absolutely awesome, and I usually get bored with God of War type games pretty quick.

the final boss is a bitch though

by the way MS has screwed Canadian AGAIN.

Kameo and PDZ have been removed from the dashbaord in Canada.

Ghost Recon is 9.99

Bionic Commando is missing.

Jhoan

Yep, it starts absolutely awful but then becomes such a beautiful and fun game. And sadly it's also kinda unique, the only game that has the same feel is Majin.

RE: Sonic Tennis:
Plus it has surprisingly 'deep' gameplay, no comparison to VT.

You guys have sold me on it. I'll definitely be checking it out. I've been wanting to check out a tennis game for the longest. Also, on Conan. GRAW is still on the to check out list. I'll think about Table Tennis.

Lothars

You guys have sold me on it. I'll definitely be checking it out. I've been wanting to check out a tennis game for the longest. Also, on Conan. GRAW is still on the to check out list. I'll think about Table Tennis.
Table Tennis is worth it as well, I have both and would definitely say both are worth it.

Jhoan

I got Kameo, Rockstar Table Tennis and Conan. I would have gotten PoP if it was the cel-shaded one.

Having bought PoP: TFS for ten bucks last Black Friday, I can say it's pretty good and an easy 1000 achievements. The platforming is great; particularly once one gets the freezing power which is when it becomes fantastic. While it isn't no PoP: SoT, it's definitely better than PoP:TT. The combat is pretty decent too.

Table Tennis is worth it as well, I have both and would definitely say both are worth it.

I suppose it's worth a check then. It's too bad the MP community must be dead unless it gets revived by people who buy the GoD version.

larvi

What are the games on that list with the easiest achievements?

From the achieve trophies thread:

Bored at work so here are the 1000/1000 difficulty ratings (xbox360achievements.org) for the $5 Xbox Games on Demand sale next week:

Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs: 1/10

Meet the Robinsons: 2/10
Surf's Up: 2/10

Open Season: 3/10
Bolt: 3/10
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WW II: 3/10

Prince of Persia: 4/10
Dark Void: 4/10

Conan: 5/10

Bionic Commando: 6/10

Kameo: 7/10
Tornado Outbreak: 7/10

Bomberman Act Zero: 9/10
Perfect Dark Zero: 9/10

SEGA Superstar Tennis: 10/10
Tom Clancy's GRAW: 10/10

Facebreaker: No rating listed.
Rockstar Table Tennis: No rating listed.
Virtua Tennis 2009: No rating listed.
Viva Pinata Party Animals: No rating listed.

I've 1000'd Cloudy w/ Meatballs, Open Season and VP Party animals from the list. I also have Kameo/Conan/PDZ/Rockstar TT and Sega tennis from this list but haven't played them yet.

Slayven

There is at least a hundred more games that should be on that list. Games on Demand could be huge if they gave a fuck about it.

jmdajr

There is at least a hundred more games that should be on that list. Games on Demand could be huge if they gave a fuck about it.

Yeah I mean who is buying these old games at retail anyway? At least you can get some money from this. Hopefully the sale goes well and we'll see more of this. Some underrated games could really benefit from this.

I still want to know where bionic commando went.

Top Bottom