• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Ancient Aliens] Nvidia 364.47 driver issues

Strider311

Are you running multiple monitors? Try unplugging and using single monitor and see if it works.

No, I am on a single monitor with a 970. I've tried installing the driver manually through the device manger and still get the same problem.

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
I'm going to risk installing these (though I'll unplug all my other monitors). These finally let you use DSR + GSync + SLI. I've been waiting for this to work for over a year. I'd given up hope that it'd ever get fixed (annoyingly, previously, if you have SLI and a Gsync monitor even connected, you couldn't use DSR even if you disabled Gsync in graphics settings).

There's a lot of older games where I could stand to use DSR and SLI and Gsync to really make them sing.

Fucking finally! Pumped to try this out tonight!

killroy87

Weird, I had this exact problem with Windows 10 last week (after reboot, my comp booted to black), only it was due to a Windows update, not an Nvidia one. My comp was completely fucked, I had to reinstall Windows. Hopefully the solution for this is less obnoxious.

Ploid 3.0

The last few drivers have caused flickering when viewing HTML5 video on dual screen setups when the window isn't active. It's very weird.

I'll avoid this build, thanks.

Wow I wondered what that was about. Thanks for the info. Now to wait on a update that doesn't screw up stuff to get rid of it.

Melon Husk

Shut down second monitor, reinstalled with fresh settings, worked after that. Good thing to know it wasn't the new GPU at fault.

edit. Windows 8.1.

CHC

Haven't updated but thanks for the heads up, hopefully they fix this soon.

(Also, "PSA" is no longer being converted to gibberish? I'm disappointed, mods.....)

finley83

Banned
Installed this driver a couple of days ago and got a black screen on the first game I tried (FUEL). Rolled back and it worked fine.

i remember having real issues with Nvidia drivers back in 2013, the 314.22 drivers were the ones that didn't cause me issued for about 6 months with my 560ti.

RetroMG

Can confirm here, driver install crashed on my multi-monitor setup, but I unplugged both monitors and it installed fine.

Any recommendations after 364.47 standalone won't install even after DDU is run in safe mode?

Edit: had to go back to 362.00 - 364.47 wouldn't even install for me.

dmr87

“Initial investigation suggests the issue is isolated to multiple-monitor configurations. Should you experience issues, you can either disconnect one monitor during the driver installation (and reconnect once completed) or you can uninstall the driver through Windows Safe-Mode and revert to a previous version.

Our driver team is actively investigating the issue, and we will have more information shortly.”

http://venturebeat.com/2016/03/07/s...eath-crashes-following-geforce-driver-update/

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Luckily haven't updated via GeForce experience. I'm probably quite out of date - is there a way to manually install 362?

CHC

Is it not a announcement/warning for the public?

For a while, any time someone put "PSA" in a thread title, a script would change it into some nonsense words like "Ancient Aliens." It happened after people were putting "PSA" before everything to try to make it sound more important.... or something.

But yeah this would technically count as a PSA, so I can't really fault you for it!

JBwB

Thanks for the warning.

I'm not going to take the risk installing it so I guess I'll wait a little while longer.

stef t97

GTX 660 on Windows 10 with three monitors here. The display driver crashed after a dirty install but geforce experience prompted me to restart my PC which it doesn't normally do. Haven't had any issues since this.

Top Bottom