• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Ancient Aliens] Nvidia 364.47 driver issues

KMS

My month old 970 died the day I updated from the December drivers the computer came with. Had to send it in for replacement. Probably was coincidence as temps were fine and card would freeze/screen garble seconds after anything 3D was started. Just glad it died early than a month after warranty ended.

mintylurb

After updating to the latest driver, exp bsod while playing black desert online.
Prior to updating, I have not experienced one single crash while playing bdo.
Rolled back to 362.00 and no more bsod. I do have two monitor setup though.

Neo_Geo

Banned
I have also had no problems on 364.72, even though I had many freezing issues with 364.47/51. Looks like they silently fixed it and are refusing to comment on what exactly the problem was.

Still scared to move beyond 362.00...

Yeah I've put a freeze on Nvidia driver updates since everything's working fine ATM. Probably won't bother again unless I start having a problem with a game or some exploit is found in the older drivers. I use dual-monitor so it just seems risky.

jfoul

Is it safe to move past the 362.00 drivers? I haven't tried 364.72 yet, but drivers in between caused crashes streaming Netflix.

Calabi

But I only just updated to these drivers because I was having problems with previous drivers not downclocking my card.

I am using 364.72 on my GTX 780 and they seem fine to me so far.

Arkanius

Nvidia drivers have been a mess whereas before they have been stable.
They need to do what AMD did with Crimson and rethink how they are made. Churning drivers after drivers clearly isn't working for them, it's plagged with Quality Control problems.

I have been having problems recently with the drivers locking my cards clock's at 2D speeds. It seemed related to my Windows Build as well (Which was the latest Redstone update)
After reverting back to the previous slow ring build AND updating my drivers for the Vulkan build 364.91 Beta it seems to have been solved.

I also hate that the Nvidia control panel is getting slower and slower and clunkier and that we are getting more and more "helper" services running related to the drivers, even when we don't install the GeForce experience app.

dr_rus

Nvidia drivers have been a mess whereas before they have been stable.
They need to do what AMD did with Crimson and rethink how they are made. Churning drivers after drivers clearly isn't working for them, it's plagged with Quality Control problems.
But that's exactly how "Crimson" drivers are made. If anything Crimson driver is AMD doing what NV has been doing for years now - releasing a new driver when a big AAA game is released.
Some QA issues stem from the fact that there's a lot of stuff going right now - a new Win10 WDDM2 driver base, DX12 driver, Vulkan driver, Pascal drivers - all of this is hitting at the same time basically so the resources are stretched thin at the moment. It'll get better once we'll be past the initial launch window for all of these.

I have been having problems recently with the drivers locking my cards clock's at 2D speeds. It seemed related to my Windows Build as well (Which was the latest Redstone update)
After reverting back to the previous slow ring build AND updating my drivers for the Vulkan build 364.91 Beta it seems to have been solved.
Redstone is a beta as well and there's no guarantee than anything in it will work properly.

I also hate that the Nvidia control panel is getting slower and slower and clunkier and that we are getting more and more "helper" services running related to the drivers, even when we don't install the GeForce experience app.
Eh, I'm not really noticing it getting slower but it is certainly slow right now and they do need to improve it. But as I've said this will probably happen once Pascal is out at least.

Anyone check out the new 368.22 drivers yet?

I've been holding out on 362.00 but will probably update this evening for "optimal" Overwatch performance, whatever that means.

single 980ti/single monitor so I should be fine, hopefully...considering lots of the recent driver issues happen to SLI and dual monitor users.

I've been holding out on 362.00 but will probably update this evening for "optimal" Overwatch performance, whatever that means.

single 980ti/single monitor so I should be fine, hopefully...considering lots of the recent driver issues happen to SLI and dual monitor users.

installed fine on my gtx 980/ dual monitors

Updated for the first time on months. Update went fine, not having the issues stated in the topic.

However now at seemingly random times, my screen will turn black for about 1 second and then come right back like nothing happened. No error messages. Sometimes it happens a few times in a row. I don't know how to reproduce it. Weird.

Robin64

However now at seemingly random times, my screen will turn black for about 1 second and then come right back like nothing happened. No error messages. Sometimes it happens a few times in a row. I don't know how to reproduce it. Weird.

I was getting this and the only way to "solve" it was to remove GeForce Experience. Seemed to be the common answer on tech forums and it worked.

cHinzo

I'm using the 368.22 drivers on Windows 8.1 and it runs fine. The latest drivers ran like shit on Windows 10 though, that I had to downgrade back to 8.1. Every game was freezing up or straight up crashing on Windows 10. >_>

dr_rus

Same performance as on a previous 365.19 on my 980Ti on Win10, although I didn't check any of the games mentioned in the release notes.

I was getting this and the only way to "solve" it was to remove GeForce Experience. Seemed to be the common answer on tech forums and it worked.

Thanks. I don't really know what GFE is getting me in the first place besides being auto notified about updates, so I'll just get rid of it.

kami_sama

I just got loaned a 760 from a friend after my gpu died.
Is there any stable release I could install without fucking my system? Seems that the latest ones do not solve anything.

Top Bottom