• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ancient Interested in Gotta Protectors (Protect Me Knight 2) On Switch.

Via NintendoEverything and Ancient's Twitter

65fR0f0.jpg

Ancient posted a couple of tweets today showing some interest in a Switch version of Gotta Protectors. The game last released on 3DS as a hybrid of action and real-time strategy gameplay.
If Gotta Protectors were to come to Switch, the company wondered how the screen design would look like, so the team tried making a very rough design. Ancient thought what four-player split-screen would look like, but the individual screen for each player would be too small. The pixels are currently twice the usual size. If it was changed to about 1.3 times, it should be able to fit quite well, but the pixels would look off.
Note that Ancient doesn’t have Gotta Protectors running on Switch or anything along those lines. They are just testing things to fit on a 16:9 screen.

I would love if something came of this. I really enjoyed my time with the 3DS version and local co-op would be awesome for tabletop mode. Make it so, Ancient!

I need this to happen.
Primarily because Gotta Protectors never came out in Europe, so having on Switch would mean I could actually buy the damn thing.

It's such a shame there's no Switch Download Play. This game was really great with download play on 3DS, but it sucks that not all my Switch friends without the game can play on their respective systems.

It wouldn't be the same playing all on one Switch. But still, I look forward to buying it again if it comes out.

ggx2ac

That would be great thanks to Switch being region free.

Gotta Protectors is never coming out on 3DS in Europe which makes no sense because IARC classification is available for developers to release their Digital only games across US and Europe with no fuss.

TheMoon

still baffled why they don't releases this globally first before thinking about a port. close to zero effort or money required.

Umibozu

Would be interested in a switch port as I didn't get a chance to play it on the 3ds. Being able to play on a tv would be an added bonus.

ZeMMiK

so who already played it on Switch?? I do , and I really like it. Only complain is that sometimes when it is busy I push the princess out of here castle when it is crowded....

Top Bottom