• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android Gaming Thread: News & Recommendations

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I was really enjoying Card Crawl until I hit the paywall gate. It would never allow me to actually login to my Google Play account to sync data so my likelihood of ever paying to pass the paywall is low.

Finally ordered my first bluetooth controller for my phone.

I've had the Gear VR for my Note 4 for a while now and I've been wanting try more of the games that require gamepads to work. I've also gotten more interested in using emulators on my phone for my GBA and N64 collection.

Gamestop had the Moga Hero for $15 which is the cheapest I've seen a fully featured Bluetooth controller. It's kind of a compact controller so if I don't like it I might return it and try the bigger model.

Negaduck

Downloaded deepest dungeon. Great game, loving it so far, however when I open it up it tells me I have the developer version lol. Anyone else get this?

I just downloaded it normally from the play store.

Nfxy2zn.jpg

CrisysCoreBR

Neo Member
I bought M&M Clash of Heroes a looong time ago but never played more than five minutes. Yesterday a downloaded it again and the game doesn't work anymore, it just closes after loading =/ I have the Nvidia Tegra Note with the latest updates.
Is there something I can do?

diaspora

Wish the DPI scaling on KOTOR was better but I was pleasantly surprised that the save game editor for the PC version works for the saves on this.

DonMigs85

Horizon Chase
Is now available on the Play Store. Nexus 6 owner here running stock Marshmallow and it's stuck on the title screen. :(
Fix from their Facebook page:
Marshmallow users can suffer an issue where the game hangs on the loading screen. To fix that, manually give Horizon Chase storage access (App info -> App permissions -> Storage.
Thanks to Pascal Mahler for the hint.

Fix from their Facebook page:
Marshmallow users can suffer an issue where the game hangs on the loading screen. To fix that, manually give Horizon Chase storage access (App info -> App permissions -> Storage.
Thanks to Pascal Mahler for the hint.
Yeah I got an email from one of the devs that told me the same. He said an official fix to bypass this work around will be coming up soon.

DonMigs85

Looks like you'll need something at least as powerful as an Adreno 330 or PowerVR G6430 to get 60FPS at 1080p for Horizon Chase.

zulux21

Yeah, I've been enjoying it so far. Seems fun and light.

developer is also quite active on reddit and has lots of future plans which is nice. hopefully he implements them quickly.

sounds like there might be soda dungeon 2 eventually.

this game isn't quite what I wanted, but it might eventually get there as the very basis isn't that different from the game I have thought about making, just with a lot less content/systems then I would make (though weapons in general are done different then i would have done as my plans was to run weapons a lot more like disgaea and have ways to level them up and multiple rarities of the weapons :p)

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Soda Dungeon is fun, but you get to a point you just don't do anything but wait forever to finish a run. It really needs a play while off mode, or up the speed x4.

It's a cute game, some cool mechanics, but the core game just get's boring.. since you literally just auto-combat for like 20-30mins.. with your phone on.. draining battery.

I was absorbed into it for a few days.. but just went cold turkey and don't miss it.

..on the other found a fun game today called Dark Fear. Fun point and click style adventure game. Some horror, some RPG elements... fun though, and nothing really obtuse about the puzzles they are pretty easy.

Worth the $3 to support the dev.. it's the kind of game that is made for the format and has no IAP at all.

skyfinch

Is it possible to use the xbox one controller on and android device, I have an lg g3.

Did a google search but no one has answers.

danowat

Banned
Anyone else playing Artificial Defense?

It's a really slick take on the (overdone) tower defense genre.

Nice graphical style, decent music and a heck of a lot of depth, worth a try I think.

zulux21

Soda Dungeon is fun, but you get to a point you just don't do anything but wait forever to finish a run. It really needs a play while off mode, or up the speed x4.

It's a cute game, some cool mechanics, but the core game just get's boring.. since you literally just auto-combat for like 20-30mins.. with your phone on.. draining battery.

I was absorbed into it for a few days.. but just went cold turkey and don't miss it.

..on the other found a fun game today called Dark Fear. Fun point and click style adventure game. Some horror, some RPG elements... fun though, and nothing really obtuse about the puzzles they are pretty easy.

Worth the $3 to support the dev.. it's the kind of game that is made for the format and has no IAP at all.

soda dungeon is a newly released game with lots of support planned for it. one of the things planned is increased auto battle speed.

I agree a backgound mode would be nice. personally I play enough idle games that I just have a second tablet idling my idle game of choice for that moment in time :p

Nikodemos

Does anyone know how can I add friends in King's Bounty: Legions?

It lacks the "Add Friends List" option in the Facebook App Settings menu.

Can't go into much detail right now (on mobile), but looks like a bunch of Square-Enix games are 50% off on the Play Store.

Final Fantasy IV, V, VI, IV TAY - $7.99 each
Dragon Quest III, IV, VIII ($4.99, $7.49, $9.99)

Also, for a non-SE deal, Ticket to Ride is on sale. The DLC for that is cross-buy, as long as it's linked to a Days of Wonder account.

Well, I was going to jump in here and ask about what Iron Hide games are up to (I was wondering whether there was another Kingdom Rush game in the pipeline) but I just checked their development blog and saw this:

112_ingame.png

Their new game for 2016 is Iron Marines. A sci-fi RTS that is not strictly tower defense but something more evolved than that. Interesting. Loved the Kingdom Rush games so much I think I'll keep an eye on this. Guess they wanted to work on something new.

CrisysCoreBR

Neo Member
I bought M&M Clash of Heroes a looong time ago but never played more than five minutes. Yesterday a downloaded it again and the game doesn't work anymore, it just closes after loading =/ I have the Nvidia Tegra Note with the latest updates.
Is there something I can do?

Anyone? I really want to play this :/

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
So I beat Dark Fear.. really fun game. Anyone else try it out.. and if you did anything else like it you can recommend?

jokkir

I really want DQIII but having second doubts because of the lack of cloud saving. Why doesn't SE add it to their RPG's. It makes so sense.

Maybe I should stop flashing roms. Oh, and does anyone know if you need an active connection for the game?

Patison

Does anyone know if Chaos Rings work on Lollipop?

I'm in RPG mood and decided to give it a go but I heard some Square-Enix titles still have problems.

Top Bottom