• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

Groof

yo so is anyone else experiencing app updates taking much longer since the Play Store updated the my apps section? Thought it was just my 6p being a bitch again but I saw Artem post about it on g+ so it might be more widespread

IronRaven

yo so is anyone else experiencing app updates taking much longer since the Play Store updated the my apps section? Thought it was just my 6p being a bitch again but I saw Artem post about it on g+ so it might be more widespread

Seems normal enough to me. Also using a 6P.

Edit: Completely unrelated, but I'm no longer a junior member now! Yay!

kaiyo

i still don't get how samsung's 'bloaty' phones boot up way faster than 'stock' android on the pixel.
Maybe it loads up everything vs loading the essential stuff first? Kinda like how playgo works on ps4?

Edit:

Nougat 7.1.1 update rolling out for Xperia XZ and X performance.

Xperia XZs is now added to Sony's open
device program.

tzare

Ms28v2L.png

OnePlus 5. Are you hyped yet?

looks interesting, not really excited by the dual camera, but if they improve quality and put it on par with other flaghips, especially in low light, we have a winner here if they also improve battery capacity.

CronoShot

I feel like the G6 is in a similar position this year to the HTC 10 last year: a really terrific phone, but is missing some key features compared to the newest Galaxy phones and is mostly ignored as a result.

The G6 really should have launched months ago. Maybe January or February.

Hasney

Well they're ugly as sin.

EDIT: Ah this part makes sense

It's very possible that this was filed to get clearance on the internal radio, which could later be included on a different pair of headphones. The microUSB port, lack of microphone functionality, and no Google Assistant features seems to back up this claim. It would be a bit strange for Google to release headphones without any unique functionality, using an old port.

GrapeApes

Anyone using Firefox? Recently I haven't been able to play YouTube in the background. Just wondering if it's just me or did YouTube finally crackfown on that? It seems like I can play embedded videos on here fine but going to YouTube's website does not allow for background play.

S8+ prize package arrived.

The only differences that I noticed between the old Gear VR and the new one were the model number went up and the front panel is glossy now instead of matte. They look identical otherwise.

Pixel XL was my #1 in the blind test, LG #2, iSung tied for 3rd.

reKon

Banned
S8+ prize package arrived.

The only differences that I noticed between the old Gear VR and the new one were the model number went up and the front panel is glossy now instead of matte. They look identical otherwise.

Pixel XL was my #1 in the blind test, LG #2, iSung tied for 3rd.

I had Pixel XL as #1 and LG as #2 as well.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
S8 colors are completely fucked up in essentially all the shots when compared to the others by what metrics di you prefer the S8 shots?
Completely fucked up? Where does this nonsense hyperbole come from? They're cooler than other ones.

The iPhone shots looked washed out and had high exposure. Surprising.

LeleSocho

Banned
Completely fucked up? Where does this nonsense hyperbole come from? They're cooler than other ones.

Have we seen the same video? While the others had some consistency between them the S8 always stood out with its weird colors.
In a void or even comparing against a single phone i can understand thinking the S8 photos look great but against other 4 phones it stands out in a bad way.

Jeffrey

We're the navigation buttons always this unresponsive on Samsung phones? Don't have an older one on me atm but I'm looking up some S7 footage and there is that delay too.

In app experience is fine on the s8, really just minor framedrops on the Notification shortcut buttons expanding and nav buttons.

Just feels... Deliberate lol. Idk.

reKon

Banned
We're the navigation buttons always this unresponsive on Samsung phones? Don't have an older one on me atm but I'm looking up some S7 footage and there is that delay too.

In app experience is fine on the s8, really just minor framedrops on the Notification shortcut buttons expanding and nav buttons.

Just feels... Deliberate lol. Idk.

Once again for the 23942304 time, it's a Exynos vs Qualcomm thing. I know what you mean by it feeling deliberate. For me the animations were smooth, but a step behind in when they would occur. I used to have the Qualcomm S7 so I know the delay you're referring to. One of the first differences I noticed is how the exynos version didn't have that same delay.

IronRaven

Saw someone in class with an S8. Goddamn is that display just gorgeous in person. Videos and pictures don't do it justice.

Edit: Still getting shit from my friend for the story from last week I told you guys about.

Google lost their top hardware guy who worked on pixel :/ He probably left amazon to work for google because they sold him on some serious hardware approach and then after 6 months he saw they weren't that serious and was like :/ x 10. Hope that's not the case.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...top-hardware-executive-it-poached-from-amazon
At this point, I think it's best to keep any hope and expectations in check when it comes to Google hardware. And messaging. :p

BraXzy

My picks in the side by side were very on the fence between B/C for most of them.

I completely dismissed A's shot's in every single comparison.
I almost bought a One Plus 3T too at one point.

reKon

Banned
OK, I just downloaded Textra and this is so nice. Why didn't I try this before? I see why this is such a popular messaging app. Way better than the default messaging one or any other that I've tried. Very fast and smooth and the default font looks great on this screen.

Top Bottom